ImageImageImage

Preseason #4: Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:00PM, Tues., Oct. 15, 2019

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Re: Preseason #4: Celtics @ Cavaliers – 7:00PM, Tues., Oct. 15, 2019 

Post#501 » by 100proof » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:01 pm

So this preaseason has solidified the need for a PF
but has proven that Edwards and Waters belong on the team.

Hopefully a deal gets made by mid season to address the glaring need in the frontcourt.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#502 » by KGboss » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:05 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Semi had a rough preseason.

Semi has had a rough career. If I hear Mike Gorman say one more time that if “Ojeleye could shoot he would get a lot of minutes” I think I would puke

Again, ive previously advocated trading Semi to keep Green. But for Strus? Naw— that dude isnt an NBA player.
Agreed. I'd rather keep Semi and Green than Green and Strus

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#503 » by BigTrade92 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Strus is Abel Nader, Part 2.

I get the sense that Danny is a bit too faithful to his word, where he just promises agents to keep these guys on the roster as a gesture of good faith, even though anyone with eyes can tell they're not NBA players.

In no world should Strus be on the roster over Green.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#504 » by oldshoolballer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:04 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
peachbucket wrote:Those 8 threes in under 6 minutes has got to be a record on an nba floor.

Seems like it. Kevin Love did it in a little over 7 minutes. Klay a bit under 7 minutes. Carsen in 5 minutes 6 seconds. He scored a point every 12.75 seconds lol.

Read on Twitter

...so about 4.6 ft beyond the 3-pt line.

Carsen is a very special player what an absolute steal at 33.
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#505 » by peachbucket » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

...and all the people who have been saying Danny wasted all his assets. We are now overloaded with young cheap talent and will be prime to strike for the next superstar who wants out and doesn't hate Boston. In the meantime how much fun is gonna be watching all these guys develop.

Thank you Danny :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,318

Post#506 » by Gant » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:11 pm

oldshoolballer wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
peachbucket wrote:Those 8 threes in under 6 minutes has got to be a record on an nba floor.

Seems like it. Kevin Love did it in a little over 7 minutes. Klay a bit under 7 minutes. Carsen in 5 minutes 6 seconds. He scored a point every 12.75 seconds lol.

Read on Twitter

Pick number 33, or 33 feet from the basket?

Or both?
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#507 » by JJHondo17 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:12 pm

My sense is there are too many people ready to push Strus overboard and that might be a bit premature. Based on what I've seen in the games, Green over Strus is a no brainer. But as was mentioned earlier, I think there may be a trade on the horizon to open up a roster spot. Nothing major,there may be a team out there looking for a veteran backup point guard willing to send a 2nd round pick back in return.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#508 » by oldshoolballer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Gant wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Seems like it. Kevin Love did it in a little over 7 minutes. Klay a bit under 7 minutes. Carsen in 5 minutes 6 seconds. He scored a point every 12.75 seconds lol.

Read on Twitter

Pick number 33, or 33 feet from the basket?

Or both?

Ha you could say both with his range. But honestly for this guy to be still around in the second round is insane.Instant offense.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#509 » by Half-Full » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:01 pm

:) It was a lot of fun watching the Rookies and end-of-benchers play significant minutes. Some thoughts after this pre-season:

I'm excited about the possibility of seeing Carsen Edwards go off for 40 points sometime during the season. It is easy to focus on Carsen's scoring, as he certainly is gifted in that department, but he is also a pesky defender.

I expect Tremont Waters will see most of his playing time with the Red Claws this year, but as Mike Gorman said last night, "he's playing like he thinks he belongs." And he does belong. He will get major minutes with the Red Claws, though, and that will benefit him more than the minutes he's likely to see if he makes the roster. If the Celtics do decide to keep him on the roster, though, I would fully support that decision, because he clearly is a player.

Tacko? I do like the guy, but is he the next Guerschon or Semi? A guy who is well liked by teammates and coaching staff (everybody really), but who doesn't have the skills to be more than a really tall end of bench guy? We will know more after he spends a year with the Red Claws, but I haven't seen anything that gets me really excited. I hope he does well up in Maine. Prove me wrong, Tacko!

Javonte Green, on the other hand, really does get me excited. He clearly won the battle for roster spot number 15, and it wouldn't surprise me if he sees more than garbage time minutes this year. As Scal said last night, with the elevation he gets going in for a dunk, it looks like he is using Lucky's trampoline.

Poirier looked good. I wish that Brad had given him more minutes with the starters, as I don't think we have a very complete picture of what he can do, but I'm thinking he is going to be OK.

Grant Williams may not have had an outstanding game last night, just a quietly solid one. He is ready to go, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he will contribute this year. He has a well rounded game, and between Summer League and the pre-season, has not had a bad game.

Semi is semi-good. A good defender, but still no offensive game. He is not a knock down 3-point shooter, and he is not a good finisher at the rim. For the playing time he got this pre-season, I expected to see more. Will he be on the roster come opening night? Probably, but unless we see improvement in his game, I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone before the season comes to an end.

Timelord had some bad luck last night, but generally acquitted himself well this pre-season. I was a little skeptical about his progress, but now I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. The center position is still a concern, of course. I hope that Timelord can help to allay that concern, however, by showing continued improvement in his game.

The play of Jayson, Jaylen, Hayward, Kemba, and Smart... all looking good. Theis looked very good in the one game he played, and I hope that we will see him continue to play well. Kanter? Well, the usual concerns about his defense, but I'm looking forward to his offensive game and rebounding. Too early to make a call on whether or not he will live up to our expectations.

In summary, the glass is clearly half-full (at the very least). :) Let the season begin!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,060

Post#510 » by Dogen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Homerclease wrote:
thebirdman wrote:I wonder if Danny had Herro over Langford on his draft board. Probably not. But Herro is just what we need, a knock down shooter… Maybe Strus can be a poor mans Herro, lol.

Rumors before the draft were all saying Herro was our guy. Believe they worked him out twice and we were heavily linked to him. Effing Pat Riley

I assumed Herro was Danny’s guy, but I was all about Sekou, with Herro as the plan B. So when Herro was taken I was excited, but then we passed on Sekou for Langford. There were about 4 other players I thought would go before Romeo, but he still may have the most upside. This year, Herro clearly has the head start. Effin copy cat Pat Riley just does whatever he thinks Ainge will do.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#511 » by Big Joke Line » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:12 pm

KGboss wrote:It feels good to be excited about a season again.

The rookies are pretty special and our vets are going to be fun to watch.

I have angood feeling about this season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s going to be a lot more fun around here this season for a variety of reasons.
Hey Man, nice shot!
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,271

Post#512 » by brackdan70 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:15 pm

So Edwards would be the Cavs best player? That’s my take home.
Sign here

Return to Boston Celtics