ImageImageImage

Boston/Memphis/Milwaukee pick watch

Moderators: Froob, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, ParticleMan, djFan71, canman1971

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 10,702

Re: Boston/Memphis/Milwaukee pick watch 

Post#481 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Jun 7, 2020 10:35 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
floyd wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
That is correct. How it will work is 1-8 are locked into their spots. 9-14 will obviously be determined by who makes the playoffs. Once that is determined, for lottery odds, those terms revert back to their records at the time of the suspended season. If Memphis or Orlando or Brooklyn (or I guess Dallas in that extremely unlikely scenario) drop out, they slot into the lottery wherever their record as as of the pause would have landed them. So, 13 or 14 depending on who all gets in.

If Memphis were to jump up in the lotto then we get their pick next year - no protections right?

Not the lotto. Into the top-6. Then fully unprotected in 2021.

Right. But if they jump up in the lotto it has to be all the way to top 3 (or did that change to top 4) -- i.e., into the protected range.

So yes -- if a decent Memphis team gets very lucky and adds another high draft pick, we could wind up with their unprotected pick next season instead of a mid-round pick this year.
Smitty731
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 24,076

Post#482 » by Smitty731 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 12:29 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
floyd wrote:
If Memphis were to jump up in the lotto then we get their pick next year - no protections right?

Right. But if they jump up in the lotto it has to be all the way to top 3 (or did that change to top 4) -- i.e., into the protected range.

So yes -- if a decent Memphis team gets very lucky and adds another high draft pick, we could wind up with their unprotected pick next season instead of a mid-round pick this year.

Top-4 for lotto now. I phrased that poorly. The protections are 1-6. But Grizzlies will draft at 1-4 or 14 will go to the Celtics.
captain green
Veteran
And1: 1,257

Post#483 » by captain green » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:30 am

So nbadraft.net has us taking 2 more pg'so lol
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 27,136

Post#484 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:41 am

Smitty731 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

Top-4 for lotto now. I phrased that poorly. The protections are 1-6. But Grizzlies will draft at 1-4 or 14 will go to the Celtics.

It's pick #14. That's the highest we'll get this year, right?
But, there's still a chance that we drift back down, as far as #17?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
Smitty731
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 24,076

Post#485 » by Smitty731 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:40 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

It's pick #14. That's the highest we'll get this year, right?
But, there's still a chance that we drift back down, as far as #17?

That is correct. You could even say the odds favor that pick landing at #17 by a good margin.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 54,327

Post#486 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 am

Read on Twitter

Pelicans have easiest sched in terms of opponent winning %. Grizz, 6th hardest sched, could still make the lottery. NBA wants Zion in the playoffs.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 15,368

Post#487 » by 31to6 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:50 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pelicans have easiest sched in terms of opponent winning %. Grizz, 6th hardest sched, could still make the lottery. NBA wants Zion in the playoffs.

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!
themoneyteam2
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,106

Post#488 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:33 am

31to6 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean it was the next 8 games on their schedule...
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 54,327

Post#489 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:27 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean it was the next 8 games on their schedule...

Yeah apparently, Pelicans' opponents' winning % got even higher. They would've had an even easier schedule if they played all 82. Grizz sched would've always been tough to finish the season.

Return to Boston Celtics