ImageImageImage

Boston/Memphis/Milwaukee pick watch

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Re: Boston/Memphis/Milwaukee pick watch 

Post#801 » by Dogen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:38 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Easily. What an insane overpay to move up 4 spots.

It's not worth it anyway, 7-14 in this draft are all the same caliber.

if we don't want 3 first rounders anyways for tax/roster reasons we might as well.
unless we can trade something for a future pick.

If we want to get rid of some picks I hear Justice Winslow may be available green font...
Hey you! Can we come together?
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,008

Post#802 » by 31to6 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Dogen wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:It's not worth it anyway, 7-14 in this draft are all the same caliber.

if we don't want 3 first rounders anyways for tax/roster reasons we might as well.

If we want to get rid of some picks I hear Justice Winslow may be available green font...

Well if someone we like is dropping at least we have some ammo. Maybe not enough, but doesn’t hurt to have it.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#803 » by Sactowndog » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Easily. What an insane overpay to move up 4 spots.

It's not worth it anyway, 7-14 in this draft are all the same caliber.

The problem for the C’s is they are over the cap with literally no assets to trade. I tried to find a trade with the Kings for Bjelicia and even at his reasonable salary matching salary is almost impossible.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#804 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Yeah it's hard to trade for players when all the players on your team are paid what they are worth. If the Celtics had some ****, high priced players mucking up the roster, they'd be worse off, but would be able to make more trades. I think I like the current construction better. Bjelica could be had with a Wanamaker S&T or Kanter S&T, but I'm not 100 pct on the rules around S&T if you have to add in extra players to sweeten the deal. Actually a Wanamaker sign and trade sounds really likely if they want to move on to Waters and some team really likes Wanamaker.

I think the for the foreseeable future the Celtics roster is going to be max guys, vet-min, and rookie-scale contracts. None of those in-between 15mm deals to crappy players. Smart being the exception, but he's underpaid at 13mm for sure so I would be hesitant to trade him.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,246

Post#805 » by djFan71 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:It's not worth it anyway, 7-14 in this draft are all the same caliber.

The problem for the C’s is they are over the cap with literally no assets to trade. I tried to find a trade with the Kings for Bjelicia and even at his reasonable salary matching salary is almost impossible.

Kind of a pu pu platter here, but would Poirier/Edwards/30 interest you? If we signed #30 first, the money works.
We send cash to cover you cutting Poirier.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#806 » by Sactowndog » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:35 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:

Kind of a pu pu platter here, but would Poirier/Edwards/30 interest you? If we signed #30 first, the money works.

Perhaps. I would want to take a flyer on Jaden McDaniels so if he were there at 30 then yes I would do it. I suspect you might have to make it 26 however.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,246

Post#807 » by djFan71 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:44 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Perhaps. I would want to take a flyer on Jaden McDaniels so if he were there at 30 then yes I would do it. I suspect you might have to make it 26 however.

I think the main issue is we'd have to make a decision on Hayward first so we know what the financials are with that added $7M. And that probably won't happen by draft time. I think it's more likely we send 30/Poirier out to some team that can take him into cap/tpe and just get a 2nd back and call it good. But, you never know.

Return to Boston Celtics