ImageImageImage

Celtics Board Meet Up

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,483

Re: Celtics Board Meet Up 

Post#81 » by RondoToKG » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I like how this devolved into people realizing no one is near each other and they'd have to travel. I think it's safe to say this is probably a Boston/NE only event. Dunno who's gonna wanna fly out to another state to hang out with realgm members lol
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#82 » by canman1971 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:32 pm

RondoToKG wrote:I like how this devolved into people realizing no one is near each other and they'd have to travel. I think it's safe to say this is probably a Boston/NE only event. Dunno who's gonna wanna fly out to another state to hang out with realgm members lol

While that may be true, many fans may live in common areas outside of NE and could meet up. Think of it like a Live Aid/8 type thing, where things happen all over the globe for those who are in the area.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#83 » by Wes-J » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 am

brackdan70 wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Any Utah Celtics fans out there....

Not Utah, but west coast (Phoenix). I'd be down to meet up in Vegas for summer league, or somethin.

Yeah I’d like to do summer league someday. Never have been. Cheers.

Definitely, I've actually hit the summer league circuit in SLC in the past although I'm down in South Florida now. Still have family spread out in Bountiful, Centerville, and Kaysville. Not sure how soon I'll get back out there but I'd like it to be for a Utah/Boston game.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#84 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:29 pm

canman1971 wrote:
RondoToKG wrote:I like how this devolved into people realizing no one is near each other and they'd have to travel. I think it's safe to say this is probably a Boston/NE only event. Dunno who's gonna wanna fly out to another state to hang out with realgm members lol

While that may be true, many fans may live in common areas outside of NE and could meet up. Think of it like a Live Aid/8 type thing, where things happen all over the globe for those who are in the area.

I think it’s pretty cool- even if this thread had people meeting up in their section of the world, why not?
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#85 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Feb 1, 2020 7:10 pm

I think I'm the only Celtics fan from LA in this board.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#86 » by Cyclical » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:50 am

ThumbsUpBaby wrote:I think I'm the only Celtics fan from LA in this board.

You're most definitely not
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,322

Post#87 » by Froob » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:09 pm

Heh few years ago I found out TrippinSkarlo lived mins away from me (until he moved to North Carolina).

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Post#88 » by yeahM8 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 4:53 pm

im all for hanging out with some internet weirdos for a game tbh

in for a nyc/boston meetup

8-)
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#89 » by canman1971 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 7:06 pm

Still wonder what Pogue is up to? I met him back in like '08 or something at a HS reunion of my ex. Cool dude and such an odd meeting.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#90 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:59 am

Sorry I've never chimed in here, I'm nowhere near Boston right now but see family in Connecticut and western Mass. occasionally.. at some point my schedule might line up
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#91 » by BillessuR6 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 am

canman1971 wrote:Still wonder what Pogue is up to? I met him back in like '08 or something at a HS reunion of my ex. Cool dude and such an odd meeting.

I wonder what happened to him as well...
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#92 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:31 am

Spoiler:
I mean if you want to roll with me all access (usually press access) courtside and hang with Dr. J casually while M. Night walks by to go into the Sixers locker room like you own the Wells Fargo center, you can, and I used to be an (active) member here.

Who wants to meet Jim O'brien while washing their hands and get a drink with him? No one here probably. right?

Who wants Allen Iverson to salute them for their girl in front of everyone?

What would Meek do? Definitely not sit behind himself and Michael Rubin all the time. Def don't know his kids well and dap them all up every time I sit there.

Who wants to be one of the twenty-five people to actually chill/grab some photos with the players AFTER the game? In the real lounge that no one sees.

Who wants Ben Simmons to dap them up on his own accord out of those twenty-five people just to say he has fashion that's fly as ****?

Who wants to give Ben Simmons their card when they didn't even approach him?

Simmons on some black Beatles **** with the girls squealing down the hall after him uncontrollably it was wild lol.

Who wants all access to the free gourmet food everywhere back there? You worried you're gonna steal all the diet sprite or something lol?

Standing literally right behind the players as they run out of the tunnel sounds horrible. Just really stressful. Not one of the dopest things ever at all. Chilling in the hall like whatever while the fake VIP people lean over the fence like its a thing wonder who the **** I am and why I took one photo only.

Man, it would suck to meet Tatum, Smart, Brown, like this, UGH. Never want to meet my fav club's squad. So corny right?

LOL. Def not taking several groups of my old homies here to Cs games when I live in Philly. Def not flying there for that reason to for our game 7 loss to Bron and Benzo Jeff. Def didn't fly there for 18 hours to meet the true homie Exculpatory to see Pierce's jersey get retired and us get blown out. Nah **** meeting new people and doing fun things in the fanbase. We're New Englanders we don't have feelings or reach out LOL.

No tricks, RondoToKG.

and Froob, GhostofJB and SichtingLives n****a is the prophet.

No tricks, homie.

But who wants to do that anyway right? I HATE TRUTH18!!! Amirite?

Unfold a brief portion of the scroll of my basketball life without this forum below if you don't mind:

Courtside photos 1

Hell's Fargo lets me do whatever, stoned as **** posted up on the leather in the back halls. Signing autographs for random dudes' when I'm not even famous. On that Cheers tip with them.

And yes, I laid both of the girls that were checking me out in that photo after a friend pointed it out. Idk, wasn't my idea. *jordanshrugs*

Spoiler:

Courtside photos 2

CS UP HOT BOIZ, from the second game I think, or maybe both Ls idk. Went with the same person. Tacko is soooo tall IRL. Our chemistry sucks too. Enjoy. Gordon gets laughed at in Philly always.

Spoiler:

https://imgur.com/Cu1hsNp

Courtside photos 3

ALL ACCESS lez get IT

Spoiler:

NO TRIX
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM

Post#93 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:37 am

Took that same friend to the finals last year. Met him here on the forum and we're basically fam now.

Taking whoever* to whatever, where-ever and we'll do it courtside just hmu, lmao.

*the true homies that is to say

How's this place been or whatever? Chins up! Cs up! seize up, seas up, bois and girls!

Catch me in your TV's borders chilling until I'm back randomly like this again.

Meeting Dr. J was so wild lol. Never give a **** about that stuff but he made me nervous as hell.

And yeah, that is a live albino, red eyed snake I'm chilling with on my neck cause that's how I roll. JK it was Australian Culture night :lol: . Cool snake though! She loved me!
YOU LOSE
truth18
RealGM

Post#94 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:I know there was talk of people coming here to Orlando for tomorrow's game. Anyone actually doing that? If so, let me know. Would love to say hi!

I am planning on hitting up Disneyworld again in a couple of years, and have already started saving for the trip. It only dawned on me a few days ago that I should schedule my trip when the Celtics are in town. Didn't think of this until I saw NBC Sports running a contest for a free trip to Orlando. Anyhow, when I eventually make my way down, hopefully you'll be at the game.

Oh **** my bad, man. My homie down there gave his bosses our tickets and rescheduled for April 10th. Should have hyu on socials somewhere.

Chill for a min at that game though?

Anyone else who wants to come court-side in Orlando for that game hmu.

thebirdman wrote:
canman1971 wrote:Still wonder what Pogue is up to? I met him back in like '08 or something at a HS reunion of my ex. Cool dude and such an odd meeting.

I wonder what happened to him as well...

Decided to actually live his life and pursue his dreams and goals full and with care/self determination.

Life is good not arguing about basketball on here who usually don't know basketball. I mean you do you, but choose your time sink activity wisely.

Easily the illest dude on the forum that isn't/wasn't me.

Let him go boyyyys, let him go boyyyyys

LET 'EM GO DOWN IN THE MUD WHERE THE RIVERS ALL RUN DRY

YOU LOSE
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#95 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:44 pm

truth18 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:I know there was talk of people coming here to Orlando for tomorrow's game. Anyone actually doing that? If so, let me know. Would love to say hi!

I am planning on hitting up Disneyworld again in a couple of years, and have already started saving for the trip. It only dawned on me a few days ago that I should schedule my trip when the Celtics are in town. Didn't think of this until I saw NBC Sports running a contest for a free trip to Orlando. Anyhow, when I eventually make my way down, hopefully you'll be at the game.

Oh **** my bad, man. My homie down there gave his bosses our tickets and rescheduled for April 10th. Should have hyu on socials somewhere.

Oh, no worries bro. I wasn't heading down any time soon (I still gotta save up!) Good to hear from you! Hope all is well brother!!
truth18
RealGM

Post#96 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:53 pm

truth18 wrote:

Oh, no worries bro. I wasn't heading down any time soon (I still gotta save up!) Good to hear from you! Hope all is well brother!!

Sall good man you far up north but I actually meant Keith.

Burning on infinite ends that spiral singed scars of insecurity back out onto the haters.

We will hang one day and get into some trouble probably.

Go niners rough L.

I disappear again, happy goth history month ;) Peace out to HK
YOU LOSE
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#97 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm

truth18 wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Sall good man you far up north but I actually meant Keith.

Burning on infinite ends that spiral singed scars of insecurity back out onto the haters.

We will hang one day and get into some trouble probably.

Go niners rough L.

I disappear again, happy goth history month ;) Peace out to HK

I'm not even mad about the Niners losing. One of my buddies is a hardcore Chiefs fan. He roots for them like we do for the Cs. Well, dude lost his 84 year old grandma in a hit-and-run 2 weeks before the game (she was on her way home from the corner store and was literally a minute away from her apartment when a car struck her). Plus he's a Laker fan so of course he was shook when Kobe passed. He needed that W more than I did.

Anyways, be safe out there bro. Come back here for the playoffs!
truth18
RealGM

Post#98 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Lol, nah man I'll be at the playoffs in person and wouldn't do that either way. Mad love as always to you and your fam though. Peace :lol: .

And keep it a little unsafe for me up north ;).
YOU LOSE
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#99 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm

truth18 wrote:Lol, nah man I'll be at the playoffs in person and wouldn't do that either way. Mad love as always to you and your fam though. Peace :lol: .

And keep it a little unsafe for me up north ;).

Looking forward to hanging brother, I've got a few ideas for pre/post game shenanigans.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#100 » by 3D Chess » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Legendary drop in from truth lol

Return to Boston Celtics