ImageImageImage

Celtics Board Meet Up

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Re: Celtics Board Meet Up 

Post#21 » by Tai » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 am

So, it seems the Houston game is full, but the Orlando one might have space, does that sound right?

Either way, being in CT I'm down to drive over if I know when ahead of time. :nod: I remember meeting a CelticsBlog founder believe it or not (Steve Weinman I think his name is?) like 8 or so years ago at a Celtics/Knicks game at MSG (yes, I was still posting on CelticsBlog back then :lol: ). I was shy as heck still being in college at all, but it was still pretty cool.

So yea, lemme know. :nod:
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,675

Post#22 » by 3pt % » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 am

Sounds like we need to orgainse an Aussie trip to Boston at some stage. Probably get there a few days beforehand to get over the hangover from the long haul flight.
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#23 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:43 am

reload141 wrote:Tell the damn airlines to give me a good deal on a Australia to Boston flight.

Have seen some crazy deals out there. heading to Europe the day after Xmas. Got SFO to London for $460 USD each r/t. Shoulda waited. Saw SFO to Paris for like $282 r/t just a couple of weeks ago. Guess it is because of Brexit, so no idea how that applies to AUS, but those bushfires can't be helping tourism down there any!
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#24 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:44 am

3pt % wrote:Sounds like we need to orgainse an Aussie trip to Boston at some stage. Probably get there a few days beforehand to get over the hangover from the long haul flight.

Let's do it in Australia instead, lol.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#25 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:06 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
3pt % wrote:Sounds like we need to orgainse an Aussie trip to Boston at some stage. Probably get there a few days beforehand to get over the hangover from the long haul flight.

I’ll be able to recognize you by the Jaylen brown jersey correct? :lol:
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,675

Post#26 » by 3pt % » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:07 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:

Home and Away, now just need to get Boston to have a pre-season in Australia (once we stop burning).
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#27 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:13 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Holy ****
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#28 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:14 am

3pt % wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Home and Away, now just need to get Boston to have a pre-season in Australia (once we stop burning).

You guys are almost up to 7 million acres in Eastern NSW alone. To put it in perspective, that's basically the equivalent of a burn area the size of Massachusetts *and* Rhode Island, within a region the size of New England.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,490

Post#29 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:54 am

reload141 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:So, which bar in Melbourne, Australia are we meeting at?

I’m in. Richmond area?

Richmond’s good. I’m interstate until new year but definitely in afterward for a weekend game (our time)
WeLikeOurGuys
General Manager
And1: 7,199

Post#30 » by WeLikeOurGuys » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:21 am

I would be down.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#31 » by djFan71 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:24 am

I'm hoping to get back east next fall and make a game, but don't see it happening before then.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#32 » by reload141 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:28 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Holy ****

reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#33 » by reload141 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:30 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
reload141 wrote:Tell the damn airlines to give me a good deal on a Australia to Boston flight.

Have seen some crazy deals out there. heading to Europe the day after Xmas. Got SFO to London for $460 USD each r/t. Shoulda waited. Saw SFO to Paris for like $282 r/t just a couple of weeks ago. Guess it is because of Brexit, so no idea how that applies to AUS, but those bushfires can't be helping tourism down there any!

Yeah mate, i'm keeping tabs on the flights from Melb to SF but they still won't come down..... the bushfires are insane and today it's 111 Fahrenheit today in Melb and there are some bushfires that have started up with the city started getting covered in smoke....

Come back down under! IT'S FINE!
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,510

Post#34 » by VeryMuchWoke » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 am

truth18 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Nah, I'm just a nice ass dude who does **** like this for my real homies.

I'll get 4-5 courtside tickets to another game too, think that Rockets one is too many people now.

Would love to take you as part of that though.

Gonna be courtside in Orlando in April for that Cs game too if Shak/Smitty/anyone down there wants to join. Think I have one extra.

I'm probably not included in anyone, but I'd fly in for that.

Nah, pretty sure the people that will never come know exactly who they are.

You were a real ass dude and owned up to **** at least. Respect.

Lol I can't wait for Froob to post all the pics here in a month. :lol:

Yeah, I've lost my cool and said some dumb **** on here, or at other times said some dumb **** because of my contrarian streak. Many of us have. It's easy to be misunderstood online and there's a lot of passion on this board. At the end of the day it's all love. Meeting some of y'all in Orlando would be dope.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#35 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:23 am

reload141 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Yeah mate, i'm keeping tabs on the flights from Melb to SF but they still won't come down..... the bushfires are insane and today it's 111 Fahrenheit today in Melb and there are some bushfires that have started up with the city started getting covered in smoke....

A year ago this month, I did Sydney to Byron Bay. That would have been an absolute nightmare this year.

I get enough of wildfires here in CA.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#36 » by RickyDizzle » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:50 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

A year ago this month, I did Sydney to Byron Bay. That would have been an absolute nightmare this year.

Caveman, where in Cali? Maybe we need the California Cs meet up?
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#37 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:05 am

RickyDizzle wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Lived all over... SF, OC, San Diego, now out in the Sierra Foothills. Maybe moving again soon, lol.

How about you?
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#38 » by RickyDizzle » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
RickyDizzle wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Lived all over... SF, OC, San Diego, now out in the Sierra Foothills. Maybe moving again soon, lol.

How about you?

Im in Oakland these days... From Maine originally and a bunch of other places in between...
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#39 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 am

One of my best friends in SF was from Portland. He passed away, unfortunately.

Oakland only 1.5-2.5 hours drive for me, depending on traffic. Never spent much time there, but my Ws guys do.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#40 » by Smitty731 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:24 pm

truth18 wrote:
VeryMuchWoke wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Nah, I'm just a nice ass dude who does **** like this for my real homies.

I'll get 4-5 courtside tickets to another game too, think that Rockets one is too many people now.

Would love to take you as part of that though.

Gonna be courtside in Orlando in April for that Cs game too if Shak/Smitty/anyone down there wants to join. Think I have one extra.

I'm probably not included in anyone, but I'd fly in for that.

Nah, pretty sure the people that will never come know exactly who they are.

You were a real ass dude and owned up to **** at least. Respect.

Lol I can't wait for Froob to post all the pics here in a month. :lol:

I won't need a ticket here in Orlando, but I'd love to meet up with anyone who does make it down here for the game!

Return to Boston Celtics