ImageImageImage

Pistons (14-27) @ Celtics (27-11) – 7:00PM, Wed, January 15, 2020

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Re: Pistons (14-27) @ Celtics (27-11) – 7:00PM, Wed, January 15, 2020 

Post#561 » by Edug27 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:41 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:I disagree entirely about Tatum, not sure how you can watch this team and say he's a better offensive player. Not going to argue one way or the other about Kemba.

Hayward is a solid facilitator and ball handler out there. Solid spot up shooter.

But in terms of being our main scorer.. no way. He struggles to create his own shot. He doesn’t have the confidence in his offensive game to lead the team in FGA. He’s tentative offensively. Struggles to get by his man. Doesn’t have that same pep in his step that he had to start the season.. which is expected. He’s not a go to scorer. Come playoff time it’ll be even tougher for him to score.

Idk man. No way, no how is Hayward a better offensive player than Tatum right now. Especially when you’re talking about scoring.

Never saw someone say he struggles to get his own shot. He certainly passes up shots to open players, though, if that's what you mean. Tatum struggles to get his own shot, but it doesn't prevent him from taking a bunch of **** ones. Kemba is the only guy on the roster who is more capable of getting his own shot.

I guess I just want the ball in Hayward's hands in every single half court possession, which is what I should have said originally. It ensures a great shot will be taken, or a pass to an open player.

Tatum struggles to create his own shot?? Tatum May be our best one on one scorer. He and Kemba. Yea, we certainly are farrr apart on this one. Lol.
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 758

Post#562 » by batabatuta » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 am

How do we expect this team to advance in the playoffs? Those teams that advance to the finals have one thing in common...they have been consistently good even when they lose in the regular season. We have been consistently bad when it's bad (even when we are winning) and we are on a bad streak. This is bad.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,245

Post#563 » by itrsteve » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:00 am

jonige94 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:And yet somehow we're still going to the Finals. Unbelievable.

Imagine being this delusional

The talent is there.

It goes back to my main concern (expressed in numerous threads) of our main 4 (definitely not using “top” 4), to feel it’s okay to take a night off and that we’ll magically be gifted a win (because it happens far too often).

This crap will not fly in the playoffs.

Not to spin a positive, but losing is the best thing that can happen right now.

Return to Boston Celtics