ImageImageImage

POLL: Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season?

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season?

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes: 177

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 6,416

Re: POLL: Are the Boston Celtics Legit Contenders THIS Season? 

Post#181 » by return2glory » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Clippers still more of a contender this year than the Celtics according to many.

Well on paper the Clippers had a top 2 team talent wise. They just had an overrated coach that couldn’t get the best out of his players.

Celtics on the other hand have a top 3 coach who gets the most out of his players.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 9,700

Post#182 » by London2Boston » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Only complaint is probably should have tried make a move during the season to boost the bench. Can only retain flexibility for so long, we need to start making contender like moves eventually because that’s what we are.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,319

Post#183 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

return2glory wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Clippers still more of a contender this year than the Celtics according to many.

Well on paper the Clippers had a top 2 team talent wise. They just had an overrated coach that couldn’t get the best out of his players.

Celtics on the other hand have a top 3 coach who gets the most out of his players.

On paper the Celtics have similar talent. Without Pandemic P and without Glenn Rivers. But maybe I've been looking at different papers all season.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 6,416

Post#184 » by return2glory » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
return2glory wrote:

On paper the Celtics have similar talent. Without Pandemic P and without Glenn Rivers. But maybe I've been looking at different papers all season.

Yeah you have been looking at different papers. Clippers were the favorites by many NBA analysts along with Vegas odds makers. Followed by the Lakers and Bucks.

Clippers underachieve and the Celtics have overachieved. Clippers were a disaster vs the Nuggets after being up 3-1.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,319

Post#185 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm

I'll keep reading my paper.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.

Return to Boston Celtics