ImageImageImage

Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

Assemble 2020-21 Roster (up to 17 Players) = Assume Keeping "Team Shamrock"

Hayward = Keep on Team
34
14%
R.Williams = Keep on Team
49
20%
Poirier = Keep on Team
4
2%
Theis/Kanter = Re-sign, if financially feasible
40
16%
Langford, G.Williams, Edwards = Keep Rookies, from 2019-20
33
13%
Upgrade = Waters & Fall to NBA Roster spots
21
8%
Green/Wanamaker/Ojeleye = Renew any of,
5
2%
Draft = # of Rookies (Including Two-Way Contracts)
19
8%
Trade = if it Brings in an Impactful Player.
39
16%
Other = Please Explain
4
2%
 
Total votes: 248

User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#141 » by Parliament10 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:37 am

chrisab123 wrote:I really don't think making vets from within is the answer. Eventually you'll need someone to teach these players how to win. No one on the coaching staff or roster has even been to an NBA Finals. Really think about that. That is insanely hard to pull off. You would think this team has someone at the end of the bench who has been to the finals before. But nope. Brad can't coach anyone outside of his system except Horford. Kemba fits his system like a glove and he runs the same exact system that he did at Butler. At some point, gee golly awww shucks Brad needs to own this.

You mean currently? Cause Baynes had been to the Finals, before our team. Some other guys, too.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
chrisab123
General Manager
Posts: 8,855
And1: 5,281
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#142 » by chrisab123 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:47 am

Parliament10 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:I really don't think making vets from within is the answer. Eventually you'll need someone to teach these players how to win. No one on the coaching staff or roster has even been to an NBA Finals. Really think about that. That is insanely hard to pull off. You would think this team has someone at the end of the bench who has been to the finals before. But nope. Brad can't coach anyone outside of his system except Horford. Kemba fits his system like a glove and he runs the same exact system that he did at Butler. At some point, gee golly awww shucks Brad needs to own this.

You mean currently? Cause Baynes had been to the Finals, before our team. Some other guys, too.


Correct. There is no one on the current roster or staff that has been there
captain green
Analyst
Posts: 3,101
And1: 1,502
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#143 » by captain green » Thu Oct 1, 2020 10:58 pm

My roster for next year and how I got there.
1st up big trade with San Antonio.
Hayward, kanter, poirer, edwarfs, 14,26, next year 2nd Rd pick for Aldridge, Mills, metu, 11th.
At 11 let's say Nesmith or bpa if better but for purposes I'll choice Nesmith not my dude but ok.
At 30 I'll say exactly what it says on nbadraft currently Daniel oturu again not my guy but.
At 47 Omar yurtseven. Didn't even know who he was until yesterday.
Next I balk at green and Wanamaker keep semi to cheap not to.
Roster looks like this
Pg: kemba, smart, Mills
Sg: brown, langford nesmith
SF: Tatum, gwill,
Pf: thies, semi, oturu, metu
C: Aldridge, timelord, fall
My 2 ways are waters again and yurtseven.
Move Tatum and gwill and theis to proper natural positions. Next year trade Aldridge and Mills for future picks or don't resign if no one bites, giving us more wiggle room financially although I don't care about the tax not my money and if I was a GM would always push for talent over saving money. Hire a previous NBA player on assistant role. Hope like hell one of the pics hits sign Tatum to a max.. and call it a day,
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
captain green
Analyst
Posts: 3,101
And1: 1,502
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#144 » by captain green » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:32 pm

Lol I just re-read my post and got to the pf part and it say "thies, semi,oturu,metu" and if read out loud sounds like a Latin curse off of evil dead, can't stop laughing about it.
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
Homerclease
RealGM
Posts: 26,471
And1: 25,255
Joined: Dec 09, 2015

Re: Assemble Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Using Current Info ~ (Pre-2019-20 Playoffs) 

Post#145 » by Homerclease » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:38 pm

Homerclease wrote:Kanter, Semi, Wanamaker, Poirier, Green, all gone.

Bring up Waters and Fall.

Draft two guys in the first, stash a third or trade the pick.

Sign a taxpayer MLE guy. (Wood, Giles)

Theis / R. Williams / Tacko
Tatum / G. Williams
Hayward /
Brown / Langford
Kemba / Smart / Waters

Fill out the rest of the roster with a free agent a few picks

Still this. If Kanter opts in I look to deal him for a 3/4 that can hit an open 3
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#146 » by Parliament10 » Sun Oct 4, 2020 4:42 am

Proposed Rotation, 2020-21:
Kemba - Brown - Tatum - G.Williams - Turner
Smart - Langford - Lamb - McDermott - R.Williams/Theis
Waters - Wanamaker/Edwards - (Rookie)
Maine Red Claws = (Rookie), (Fall)


Just spitballing, at this point. But it's shaping up a bit more.
No telling what Danny is going to do.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 9,180
And1: 848
Joined: Sep 22, 2004
     

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#147 » by Spin Move » Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:52 am

Jayson Tatum you keep. Everything else is available at the right price. 1. Tatum (Totally Untradable) 2. Brown (Only for Gianis, AD or KAT) 3. Smart (For a top 5 pick or all star) 4. Kemba (For a bigger PG or a Near all star C) 5. GH (For an equivlent big) 6. Thies (as part of a package for an all star) >>>>>>> Everyone else (would like to keep Langford R.Williams and GW but fine including them in the right deal) Would re-sign Wanmaker, Kanter, if he reups I am good to have though brad does not use him right, he cleary can be prodcutive if given the change.

Waters and Green Tacko Semi can all go, not oppsed to semi back a the min, but don't really need him if no injurues and GW surpassed him.

GH needs to be extended or traded. He is really good when he is healthy I am fine extending him to finish his career at 20 millionish a year.
If Kemba was not hurting durring the Miami series I am open ot trading him. Smart can play PG. A lineup with Smart, Brown , GH Tatum and Thies is super switchable except for PG to C

I think our biggest need is at at the C spot, we need a better small ball C that is hard to find because Thies was actually really good, but that is the teams number 1 weakness #2 defending fast/strong PG's #3 Bench shooting.

I guess mocks have moved up Jalen Smith's ranking, he seems to be a good fit if 14 is the right spot for him. I am fine with Nesmith who I think could be a future all star if he is there. Would rather get Wiseman but don't see how that will happen unless GS wants to Flip GH for Wiggins and send us 2.
snowman
Rookie
Posts: 1,019
And1: 710
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Assemble Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Using Current Info ~ (Pre-2019-20 Playoffs) 

Post#148 » by snowman » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:21 pm

snowman wrote:I firmly believe that Hayward will be on the team with some form of contract next season. So I think the starting 5 remains the same next season.

I also believe that Wannamaker will be back with the team next season as 2nd pg. Wannamaker, Smart, Langford, G. Will and R. Will as the 2nd team is pretty deep, as long as Langford continues his improvement and R. Will health holds up.

I also believe that Danny has seen the problems with stashing a draft pick overseas for a year. It doesn't work, and wastes an asset. Hard to believe that Danny would do that again. So I think Danny will make his trade at draft time. Edwards, Semi, Green will be offered with picks to move up in the draft, move to next years draft or pick up a player.

I think Kanter opts out for more money, and Danny lets him. I think Poirier will be back next season. Danny signed him for 2 years for a reason. 1st year to learn the speed of the NBA, and if he isn't contributing by trade deadline next year he will be moved. Waters and Fall with be with the team on a reg. contract, not a 2 way. Our 2nd round pick will get one of the 2 ways.

That's leave Edwards, Green, Semi and 3 FRP's, or whom ever they are traded for, to fit into 2 roster slots between the draft, FA, and preseason.


I will update my belief after giving this more thought.
Hayward will pick up his option, and Danny will kick the extension can to next off season where he will push for either a team friendly contract (22 -24 million for 2 seasons, or will offer to do a sign and trade where ever his agent can work out a deal.
Kanter will opt out for more money which is fine. Theis's option will be picked up. Tatum will sign his max offer. Danny will pick up Timelord's option and Semi's. Green will be released, and Wannamaker will not be offered a new contract, making them both free agents. Waters and Edwards will fight it out in training camp for 1 roster spot, loser is released or traded. Poirier and Fall, the same, loser is released or traded. We should draft Saddiq Bey at 14, Tre Jones at 26, Daniel Oturu at 30, and Killian Tillie at 47.

1st team: Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Theis
2nd team: Smart, Langford, Saddiq Bey, G. Will, Timelord
3rd team: (Waters or Edwards) Tre Jones, Semi, Daniel Oturu, (Poirier or Fall)
2-wy: Tillie and another PG free agent.
User avatar
Roddy
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,833
And1: 10,408
Joined: Jun 19, 2010
Location: France
   

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#149 » by Roddy » Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:33 pm

1) Gordon Hayward + Javonte Green + Semi Ojeleye + #26 for JJ Redick and Jrue Holiday
2) Enes Kanter + #47 for Jake Layman

Draft :
#14 : PF Jalen Smith, Maryland.
#30 : SF Elijah Hughes, Syracuse.

Free agency :
C Aaron Baynes

PG - Kemba Walker - Jrue Holiday - Waters
SG - Marcus Smart - JJ Redick - Romeo Langford
SF - Jaylen Brown - Jake Layman, Elijah Hughes
PF - Jayson Tatum - Grant Williams - Jalen Smith
C - Daniel Theis - Robert Williams - Aaron Baynes
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#150 » by Parliament10 » Fri Oct 9, 2020 6:12 am

Image
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,113
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#151 » by 100proof » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:31 am

captain green wrote:edwarfs,



I havent fully ready your post yet. Just got to this word and not sure if it was a play on Edwards name or just an absolutely brilliant mistake.
100proof
Starter
Posts: 2,187
And1: 1,113
Joined: Jul 25, 2019

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#152 » by 100proof » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:59 am

I think we shed some salary, consolidate picks and add some vet presence.

Only constants to next season will be:
Tatum
Brown
Smart
Kemba
Theis
Romeo
Grant W
Timelord
Kanter
R9ndo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,724
And1: 2,712
Joined: May 18, 2010
       

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#153 » by R9ndo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:43 pm

i also wouldn't mind going after Christian Wood, but I'm not sure what type of contract he'll be demanding.
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,918
And1: 5,665
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#154 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:03 pm

R9ndo wrote:i also wouldn't mind going after Christian Wood, but I'm not sure what type of contract he'll be demanding.


We tried already Detroit's holding onto him with a vise grip. They plan to build with him as part of their core moving forward.
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
captain green
Analyst
Posts: 3,101
And1: 1,502
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#155 » by captain green » Fri Oct 9, 2020 3:14 pm

100proof wrote:
captain green wrote:edwarfs,



I havent fully ready your post yet. Just got to this word and not sure if it was a play on Edwards name or just an absolutely brilliant mistake.

I've done this since we drafted him off and on in my posts.
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
R9ndo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,724
And1: 2,712
Joined: May 18, 2010
       

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#156 » by R9ndo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:28 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
R9ndo wrote:i also wouldn't mind going after Christian Wood, but I'm not sure what type of contract he'll be demanding.


We tried already Detroit's holding onto him with a vise grip. They plan to build with him as part of their core moving forward.

i was reading today they don't want to make the mistake of overpaying him.
captain green
Analyst
Posts: 3,101
And1: 1,502
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#157 » by captain green » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:36 pm

Ok who are the 4% that voted cement foot poirer?
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
BostonCouchGM
Pro Prospect
Posts: 872
And1: 518
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Assemble Using Current Info 

Post#158 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:54 pm

The team needs a MAJOR rehaul and to build through the draft. Unfortunately Danny is drafting. But let's pretend I'm drafting. Let's also pretend I'm the G.M. and I get to make trades and have a viable suitor with a decent return.

1) Trade Kemba Walker. It was a disastrous signing and very few teams if any would want him at his current salary. I'd accept a late 1st but would be open to just getting a scrub/or conditional 1st or even second just to get him off the books.

Possible Suitors that have a) Need b) Cap space c) picks and/or players to trade

Bulls-They've got the #5 pick and likely take PG but if not PG will be a need
Knicks-They have the #8 pick and might use it on a PG but if not, might be open to trading the #27 pick and/or player (Ntilikina, DSJ, Knox)
Lakers-Rondo will test FA and Caruso is a role player. They have the #28 to offer. Would give them a "Big Three". Kemba would flourish as a C&S next to Lebron and he'd have defensive minded SG to protect him.
Utah-If Conley opts out (doubtful) they could see Kemba as his replacement. They badly need offense to take pressure off of Mitchell. They have the #23 pick to offer and have shown they'll move that type of pick in the past when they sent #23, Crowder, Allen to MEM for Conley.
MIA-they don't have a PG on the roster and the #20 pick to offer.

for this exercise, I'm going to pretend the Lakers are sending us the #28 pick as it gives them the Big Three plus they know the league will ensure veterans round out their roster on the cheap so they can return to at minimum the WCF.

2) Trade Hayward. He's too good and too expensive to be playing 4th fiddle like he did last season. I think he and the team are ready to move on. There should be A LOT of interest in him whether it's as a one year rental or him extending with the new team. The return should be a pick just outside the lottery and future pick(s) and/or players.

Possible Suitors that have a) Need b) Cap space c) picks and/or players to trade

Knicks-they badly need a calming veteran presence with high BBIQ. They have plenty of ammo and Hayward's presence (should he extend) would give them someone that could help recruit for the 2021 FA

ATL-they also badly need a veteran with high BBIQ.

CHI-If Porter opts out (doubtful), they could replace him with Hayward and use the #5 on a PG. This is a really good fit

MN-might be open to trading back but I'm not sure quite that far back. But if they manage to trade back to mid-late lottery, they could still get Okongwu and then would be open to trading their #17 for Hayward.

DLO
Culver
Hayward
Okongwu
K.A.T.

that's what's up

POR-desperately need someone like Hayward. Have the #16, Simons (blocked), Little, and Collins for ammo and Ariza to make $ work

IND-no 1st rounders so no way to address the 3/4 through the draft. Have Oladipo (3 way trade) for salary and Miles Turner to dangle. Hayward is from IND so likely open to extending with them.

for this exercise, I'm going to pretend the Pacers are sending us Turner, Oladipo (he wants out) and Robert Williams and picks go to DET and Pacers get Hayward. DET gets a young big in Robert Williams to see if he can blossom with playing time, they get Oladipo who might like returning to his high usage ways and get paid by the Pistons. Should he return to form, and Blake gets healthy, they're a developed Sekou Doumbouya away from having a Big Three with an outside shot at making the playoffs, depending on what they do in the draft and FA. And if not, they'll move Oladipo and Blake at the deadline for picks if he won't sign an extension with them and embrace the rebuild.

Rose
Oladipo
Sekou
Griffin
TimeLord

and they have the #7 pick (Okongwu, Precious, Bey, Vassell, Avdija, Woodard, Mane). Things could turn around quick for DET with a healthy Oladipo extending with them. I know it's a long shot but it's what DET, IND, and us should do

This is all I want on the Celtics prior to FA and the draft.

Smart-Langford
Brown
Williams
Tatum
Turner-Theis

We'd have what,$40-47 million in cap space? And we'd have #14, #26, #28, #30 picks in upcoming draft. The 2020 FA class is weak so maybe we want to save some for the following season. But one guy I wouldn't be opposed to spending $15-18 million on is Jerami Grant. He has worked hard and steadily improved as a player and is now a starting caliber, two way wing. Then with our draft picks I choose:

#14 (Mane, Lewis, Precious, Woodard)
#17 (whoever is still left from the above)
#26 (Tyler Bey)
#28 (Paul Reed)
#30 (Zeke Naji)

Celtics with BostonCouchGM running the show

Kira Lewis Jr-Smart
Jaylen Brown-Langford
Jerami Grant-Woodard
Jayson Tatum-Njaji-Williams
Miles Turner-Theis-Reed

set for a decade. You're welcome.

Now if we don't make any trades and are stuck with Kemba Walker and Hayward on a one year rental. We can still draft brilliantly, improve our bench dramatically and set us up for the future. It just takes someone who knows how to draft.

If we let all the scrubs on our bench leave and draft three of the following, and there's zero excuse not to as some combination of these three should be available to us, we'd still be set up well for the future:

Mane, Hall, Woodard, Bey (either), Reed, Lewis, Precious, Poku, Nnaji, Pritchard, Green, Hampton
BostonCouchGM
Pro Prospect
Posts: 872
And1: 518
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: Assemble Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Using Current Info ~ (Pre-2019-20 Playoffs) 

Post#159 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 pm

snowman wrote:
snowman wrote:I firmly believe that Hayward will be on the team with some form of contract next season. So I think the starting 5 remains the same next season.

I also believe that Wannamaker will be back with the team next season as 2nd pg. Wannamaker, Smart, Langford, G. Will and R. Will as the 2nd team is pretty deep, as long as Langford continues his improvement and R. Will health holds up.

I also believe that Danny has seen the problems with stashing a draft pick overseas for a year. It doesn't work, and wastes an asset. Hard to believe that Danny would do that again. So I think Danny will make his trade at draft time. Edwards, Semi, Green will be offered with picks to move up in the draft, move to next years draft or pick up a player.

I think Kanter opts out for more money, and Danny lets him. I think Poirier will be back next season. Danny signed him for 2 years for a reason. 1st year to learn the speed of the NBA, and if he isn't contributing by trade deadline next year he will be moved. Waters and Fall with be with the team on a reg. contract, not a 2 way. Our 2nd round pick will get one of the 2 ways.

That's leave Edwards, Green, Semi and 3 FRP's, or whom ever they are traded for, to fit into 2 roster slots between the draft, FA, and preseason.


I will update my belief after giving this more thought.
Hayward will pick up his option, and Danny will kick the extension can to next off season where he will push for either a team friendly contract (22 -24 million for 2 seasons, or will offer to do a sign and trade where ever his agent can work out a deal.
Kanter will opt out for more money which is fine. Theis's option will be picked up. Tatum will sign his max offer. Danny will pick up Timelord's option and Semi's. Green will be released, and Wannamaker will not be offered a new contract, making them both free agents. Waters and Edwards will fight it out in training camp for 1 roster spot, loser is released or traded. Poirier and Fall, the same, loser is released or traded. We should draft Saddiq Bey at 14, Tre Jones at 26, Daniel Oturu at 30, and Killian Tillie at 47.

1st team: Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Theis
2nd team: Smart, Langford, Saddiq Bey, G. Will, Timelord
3rd team: (Waters or Edwards) Tre Jones, Semi, Daniel Oturu, (Poirier or Fall)
2-wy: Tillie and another PG free agent.


that's essentially running back the same group of flawed pretenders as our starting five with a slightly better bench. Nothing changes really. I know we were close this season but that's with major injuries in the Eastern Conference, the Bucks not getting their home court advantage and being in a bubble. We can't run it back and expect similar results. Something drastic has to happen or at minimum a much better draft than Bey, Oturu and Tillie
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Assemble Celtics 2020-21 Roster, Using Current Info ~ (Pre-2019-20 Playoffs) 

Post#160 » by Parliament10 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
snowman wrote:
snowman wrote:I firmly believe that Hayward will be on the team with some form of contract next season. So I think the starting 5 remains the same next season.

I also believe that Wannamaker will be back with the team next season as 2nd pg. Wannamaker, Smart, Langford, G. Will and R. Will as the 2nd team is pretty deep, as long as Langford continues his improvement and R. Will health holds up.

I also believe that Danny has seen the problems with stashing a draft pick overseas for a year. It doesn't work, and wastes an asset. Hard to believe that Danny would do that again. So I think Danny will make his trade at draft time. Edwards, Semi, Green will be offered with picks to move up in the draft, move to next years draft or pick up a player.

I think Kanter opts out for more money, and Danny lets him. I think Poirier will be back next season. Danny signed him for 2 years for a reason. 1st year to learn the speed of the NBA, and if he isn't contributing by trade deadline next year he will be moved. Waters and Fall with be with the team on a reg. contract, not a 2 way. Our 2nd round pick will get one of the 2 ways.

That's leave Edwards, Green, Semi and 3 FRP's, or whom ever they are traded for, to fit into 2 roster slots between the draft, FA, and preseason.


I will update my belief after giving this more thought.
Hayward will pick up his option, and Danny will kick the extension can to next off season where he will push for either a team friendly contract (22 -24 million for 2 seasons, or will offer to do a sign and trade where ever his agent can work out a deal.
Kanter will opt out for more money which is fine. Theis's option will be picked up. Tatum will sign his max offer. Danny will pick up Timelord's option and Semi's. Green will be released, and Wannamaker will not be offered a new contract, making them both free agents. Waters and Edwards will fight it out in training camp for 1 roster spot, loser is released or traded. Poirier and Fall, the same, loser is released or traded. We should draft Saddiq Bey at 14, Tre Jones at 26, Daniel Oturu at 30, and Killian Tillie at 47.

1st team: Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Theis
2nd team: Smart, Langford, Saddiq Bey, G. Will, Timelord
3rd team: (Waters or Edwards) Tre Jones, Semi, Daniel Oturu, (Poirier or Fall)
2-wy: Tillie and another PG free agent.


that's essentially running back the same group of flawed pretenders as our starting five with a slightly better bench. Nothing changes really. I know we were close this season but that's with major injuries in the Eastern Conference, the Bucks not getting their home court advantage and being in a bubble. We can't run it back and expect similar results. Something drastic has to happen or at minimum a much better draft than Bey, Oturu and Tillie

I think that Trading Hayward, will bring us the most effective change.


Proposed Rotation, 2020-21:
Kemba - Brown - Tatum - G.Williams - Turner
Smart - Langford - Lamb - McDermott - R.Williams/Theis
Waters - Wanamaker/Edwards - (Rookie)
Maine Red Claws = (Rookie), Fall


Move Players:
Hayward
Kanter
Ojeleye
Poirier
Green
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart

Return to Boston Celtics