ImageImageImage

What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling?

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
JHTruth
RealGM
Posts: 12,603
And1: 896
Joined: Jul 02, 2003
Location: The Big Three are Back..

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#321 » by JHTruth » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Jaylen has top 25-player type talent, just wonder where his focus is at times. Sometimes I think he'd rather cosplay Malcom X than play basketball..
Jaqua92
General Manager
Posts: 9,059
And1: 5,160
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#322 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:42 pm

The Comedian wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Come on lol. Stuff like this is just like the bostoncouchGM stuff, just in the opposite direction.

He can be one of the better two way wings in the league, but one of the three best two way players in the entire league? That’s a serious reach.


you're a mod. You're supposed to be above calling posters you disagree with, out like a child. Please stop


I wasn’t calling you out lol. Many posters call you out for trolling because you have such an extreme negative opinion of Jaylen, but over the top optimistic posts like the above are just as far fetched, if not moreso.

I get called out for not being high enough on Jaylen, myself. Though I definitely think more of him than you do.
I had no idea you were a mod lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,466
And1: 20,901
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#323 » by The Comedian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
you're a mod. You're supposed to be above calling posters you disagree with, out like a child. Please stop


I wasn’t calling you out lol. Many posters call you out for trolling because you have such an extreme negative opinion of Jaylen, but over the top optimistic posts like the above are just as far fetched, if not moreso.

I get called out for not being high enough on Jaylen, myself. Though I definitely think more of him than you do.
I had no idea you were a mod lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


It’s because I’m a beacon of professionalism.
TommyPointGawd
Senior
Posts: 666
And1: 717
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#324 » by TommyPointGawd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:57 pm

JHTruth wrote:Jaylen has top 25-player type talent, just wonder where his focus is at times. Sometimes I think he'd rather cosplay Malcom X than play basketball..


This is true garbage.
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,466
And1: 20,901
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#325 » by The Comedian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

JHTruth wrote:Jaylen has top 25-player type talent, just wonder where his focus is at times. Sometimes I think he'd rather cosplay Malcom X than play basketball..


So him fighting for racial equality through peaceful protesting is considered cosplay?

That’s pretty demeaning of a serious issue.
Automattic
Freshman
Posts: 63
And1: 42
Joined: Jul 26, 2018
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#326 » by Automattic » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:16 am

Jaylen is the only one besides Smart that showed fight at the end of today’s game!
BostonCouchGM
Senior
Posts: 693
And1: 337
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#327 » by BostonCouchGM » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 am

Automattic wrote:Jaylen is the only one besides Smart that showed fight at the end of today’s game!


Jaylen is mostly only good for wide open threes. Like I've said ad nauseam. The Heat took that away through almost two games, basically making him ineffective. But they had three straight massive defensive breakdowns resulting in three straight wide open threes towards the end of the game. Since that is just about the only thing Jaylen is good for, it could have cost them the game because he hit the first two. But of course, it's Jaylen, so he missed the one that really mattered to tie the game. And he also had that great offensive rebound and put back too. So this loss wasn't on Jaylen at all. That is, unless it was his and not Brad's fault for overplaying Robinson in the corner on those multiple PnR where he failed to protect the backside. Since we know Jaylen's BBIQ on team defense is horrid, I'm going to assume he wasn't defending like he was supposed to. So "fight" or not, he was instrumental in this loss.
themoneyteam2
Analyst
Posts: 3,129
And1: 4,879
Joined: Oct 19, 2019
   

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#328 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:38 am

Lol without fail every loss...
keevsnick1
Junior
Posts: 498
And1: 757
Joined: Feb 27, 2017
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#329 » by keevsnick1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:04 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Automattic wrote:Jaylen is the only one besides Smart that showed fight at the end of today’s game!


Jaylen is mostly only good for wide open threes. Like I've said ad nauseam. The Heat took that away through almost two games, basically making him ineffective. But they had three straight massive defensive breakdowns resulting in three straight wide open threes towards the end of the game. Since that is just about the only thing Jaylen is good for, it could have cost them the game because he hit the first two. But of course, it's Jaylen, so he missed the one that really mattered to tie the game. And he also had that great offensive rebound and put back too. So this loss wasn't on Jaylen at all. That is, unless it was his and not Brad's fault for overplaying Robinson in the corner on those multiple PnR where he failed to protect the backside. Since we know Jaylen's BBIQ on team defense is horrid, I'm going to assume he wasn't defending like he was supposed to. So "fight" or not, he was instrumental in this loss.


Is this the opening paragraph in an Onion article? Because otherwise this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. You think Brown was OVERPLAYING Duncan Robinson, the literal best shooter in the NBA this year? That is absolutely the right move, you can't leave him open in the corner to help. You just can't, thats what good shooting does. If Jaylen does its a simple pass, corner three, and we're all KILLING Jaylen for the help.

Bottom line in that situation you have to figure out a straight up pick and roll coverage that doesn't get you killed, helping off GREAT shooters is literally the worst idea.
User avatar
AgentGreen
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,848
And1: 2,099
Joined: Feb 12, 2013
Location: Greentown
     

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#330 » by AgentGreen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 am

Doesn't get involved more in the game. The moment they did it was too late.
Image
Cuban Pete
Junior
Posts: 281
And1: 144
Joined: May 01, 2016
     

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#331 » by Cuban Pete » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:10 pm

I think he reached it this season with career high shooting numbers. He'll never be a great shooter and this is likely as good as it gets for him.
Automattic
Freshman
Posts: 63
And1: 42
Joined: Jul 26, 2018
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#332 » by Automattic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:57 pm

So he has plateaued at 23. Despite improving every year to date and his work ethic?
rd26
Ballboy
Posts: 47
And1: 102
Joined: Nov 20, 2017
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#333 » by rd26 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:45 am

I'm so glad JB hit that open three that half, otherwise we would have gotten absolutely nothing from him
Floody100
Rookie
Posts: 1,228
And1: 1,307
Joined: Oct 21, 2018
 

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#334 » by Floody100 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 am

When JB’s locked in like this he’s incredible.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,394
And1: 7,491
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#335 » by greenroom31 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 am

Good enough to bring us a win an ECF game.
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,466
And1: 20,901
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#336 » by The Comedian » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:18 am

Had an absolute monster first half, set the tone for the game.
Automattic
Freshman
Posts: 63
And1: 42
Joined: Jul 26, 2018
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#337 » by Automattic » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:29 am

It is possible that his full potential remains untapped. When his fire is lit, I am bullish on him!
themoneyteam2
Analyst
Posts: 3,129
And1: 4,879
Joined: Oct 19, 2019
   

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#338 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:28 am

Waiting for BostonCouchGM to write something negative about him.

Oh wait that only happens after Celtics losses
Floody100
Rookie
Posts: 1,228
And1: 1,307
Joined: Oct 21, 2018
 

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#339 » by Floody100 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 am

It won’t be talked about much but 5 assist tonight is huge.
I truly believe this was the best game of his career so far.
TommyPointGawd
Senior
Posts: 666
And1: 717
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
       

Re: What is Jaylen Brown's ceiling? 

Post#340 » by TommyPointGawd » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:24 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:Waiting for BostonCouchGM to write something negative about him.

Oh wait that only happens after Celtics losses


Tonight he proved Couch and others right once again. His offense is dependent on hitting wide, WIDE open threes that are provided to him by others, he's a bad defender, he gets steals and blocks when the other team just randomly throws the ball his way, and he is incapable of following a game plan because he wants to be Malcolm X. So carry on nothing has changed. Those posters are probably just a little busy at the moment
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:

Return to Boston Celtics