ImageImageImage

Kanter - what happens with him?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

What does Kanter do and do you want him to do it

He opts in, I'm happy.
53%
He opts in, I'm sad.
11%
He opts out, I'm happy.
14%
He opts out, I'm sad.
22%

Total votes: 36

100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Re: Kanter - what happens with him? 

Post#21 » by 100proof » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 pm

djFan71 wrote:
100proof wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Baynes is gonna get better offers than what we can make him. We'll have at best what?? The taxpayers MLE, not the full MLE and maybe the mini-midlevel?? Phoenix alone would give him more money and more reason to stay.

We will get far enough under the tax to use the full mle.

And Baynes will want to come back.

How do you see us under the tax line? Do you think Gordon is gone? Or what number do you see him resigning at?

I think he is gone, but if he resigns it will be for Brown like salary. 25 mill per season. He is a forth option and he is not worth more than Brown or Tatum, and half the games, smart.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,234

Post#22 » by djFan71 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:34 pm

100proof wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
100proof wrote:We will get far enough under the tax to use the full mle.

How do you see us under the tax line? Do you think Gordon is gone? Or what number do you see him resigning at?

I think he is gone, but if he resigns it will be for Brown like salary. 25 mill per season. He is a forth option and he is not worth more than Brown or Tatum, and half the games, smart.

Yeah, If he does come back at that it's squeaky close - assuming the cap/tax doesn't plummet with all the lost revenue and we make some other moves as well. Would be great.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,521

Post#23 » by snowman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:19 pm

I would expect him to opt out, to try and get more money. If R. Will is healthy he will get more time then Kanter will anyway. We know that Theis is our starter, so Kanter will be at best third on the depth chart. I also think Danny hopes he opts out, so he will have a place for Tacko, to become the third center on the depth chart. And then there is still Poirier, that is also under contract for next season.

We do not need Theis, R. Williams, Kanter, Poirier, and Tacko on the squad at the same time, unless Theis and R. Williams are moved to PF, (moving Tatum to SF), which I don't think will happen.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#24 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:02 pm

100proof wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
100proof wrote:

We will get far enough under the tax to use the full mle.

Can any of our resident capologists confirm this for us? Will a savings of 6M or so bring us under the tax line?
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Post#25 » by Parliament10 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:56 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:
djFan71 wrote:How do you see us under the tax line? Do you think Gordon is gone? Or what number do you see him resigning at?

Can any of our resident capologists confirm this for us? Will a savings of 6M or so bring us under the tax line?

I seriously doubt that.
Tatum is due for an Extension, as well.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,234

Post#26 » by djFan71 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:

I seriously doubt that.
Tatum is due for an Extension, as well.

It works - that saves $9M not $6M. Kanter is another $5M. Let Green, Semi, etc, go. Punt a pick, etc, you get right there at the line. Depending on what the line is and what damage this year does to the cap/tax numbers. But, pre-apocalypse, that would have worked - IF you could have signed Gordon for that.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#27 » by celtxman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Well worth what he is paid. Hope he opts in
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#28 » by 100proof » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:45 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:
djFan71 wrote:How do you see us under the tax line? Do you think Gordon is gone? Or what number do you see him resigning at?

I went through it all in my what will hayward do next thread.

Kanter gone, hayward at 6 mill less, no semi, no green and you have the space.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#29 » by Taget » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Normally I'd say he'd opt out. But given everything that is going on a lot of players are going to opt for the security of money in the bank.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#30 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:55 pm

100proof wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:

Fair enough. And thank you. Wasn't calling you a liar or anything. Just didn't know the numbers. Don't get me wrong. I'd happily take Baynes back but I'd be surprised if he did. I definitely think Hayward will be back and if he opts out, it will only be to sign a deal with a lower AAV.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,680

Post#31 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Fair enough. And thank you. Wasn't calling you a liar or anything. Just didn't know the numbers. Don't get me wrong. I'd happily take Baynes back but I'd be surprised if he did. I definitely think Hayward will be back and if he opts out, it will only be to sign a deal with a lower AAV.

No one knows how the suspension (and still possible cancellation) of this NBA season will affect the BRI, salary cap, and tax line. I honestly don't know how the upcoming free agency will go. There's just too much uncertainty right now that it's almost pointless to talk about specifics.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Post#32 » by Parliament10 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 2:13 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
100proof wrote:

No one knows how the suspension (and still possible cancellation) of this NBA season will affect the BRI, salary cap, and tax line. I honestly don't know how the upcoming free agency will go. There's just too much uncertainty right now that it's almost pointless to talk about specifics.

With all this uncertainty, I think that Kanter is definitely Opting-in.
Someone like Hayward, may do better Opting-out.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics