ImageImageImage

The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World

Moderators: The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971

User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#121 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#122 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#123 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 7,352
And1: 7,464
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#124 » by djFan71 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 11:35 pm

Wiretap article on the NHL testing everyday:
https://hockey.realgm.com/wiretap/15597/NHL-To-Test-Players-Daily-If-Play-Resumes

Gotta assume the NBA has to do this as well.
NHL could actually be a lot safer since they have the option of the face shield.

Note: I never watch hockey, so I have no idea how many guys wear them or if they're required before or will be now, etc.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#125 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 12:10 am

Read on Twitter




Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
31to6
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 15,534
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: all your picks

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#126 » by 31to6 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:50 am

djFan71 wrote:Wiretap article on the NHL testing everyday:
https://hockey.realgm.com/wiretap/15597/NHL-To-Test-Players-Daily-If-Play-Resumes

Gotta assume the NBA has to do this as well.
NHL could actually be a lot safer since they have the option of the face shield.

Note: I never watch hockey, so I have no idea how many guys wear them or if they're required before or will be now, etc.


If players are asymptomatic carriers though — I’d be psyched for hoops sooner rather than later, but am not actually expecting to get it just yet.
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 7,352
And1: 7,464
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#127 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 4:53 pm

31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Wiretap article on the NHL testing everyday:
https://hockey.realgm.com/wiretap/15597/NHL-To-Test-Players-Daily-If-Play-Resumes

Gotta assume the NBA has to do this as well.
NHL could actually be a lot safer since they have the option of the face shield.

Note: I never watch hockey, so I have no idea how many guys wear them or if they're required before or will be now, etc.


If players are asymptomatic carriers though — I’d be psyched for hoops sooner rather than later, but am not actually expecting to get it just yet.

Tests would catch asymptomatic carriers, right? I was saying I think both leagues almost have to test daily. Then just had the random thought about the faceshield being kinda handy for the NHL.
User avatar
31to6
RealGM
Posts: 13,196
And1: 15,534
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: all your picks

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#128 » by 31to6 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:02 pm

djFan71 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Wiretap article on the NHL testing everyday:
https://hockey.realgm.com/wiretap/15597/NHL-To-Test-Players-Daily-If-Play-Resumes

Gotta assume the NBA has to do this as well.
NHL could actually be a lot safer since they have the option of the face shield.

Note: I never watch hockey, so I have no idea how many guys wear them or if they're required before or will be now, etc.


If players are asymptomatic carriers though — I’d be psyched for hoops sooner rather than later, but am not actually expecting to get it just yet.

Tests would catch asymptomatic carriers, right? I was saying I think both leagues almost have to test daily. Then just had the random thought about the faceshield being kinda handy for the NHL.


lol @ me -- I'd apparently shut down my brain for the night, locked it up, and thrown away the key. C'mon 31to6, get your **** together!

So let's go with: cool, they can be a large-scale, high-profile case of whether that strategy can work (not that anyone else could ever afford it -- well, the faceshields we can afford:).
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#129 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 7,352
And1: 7,464
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#130 » by djFan71 » Fri Jun 5, 2020 6:06 am

31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
If players are asymptomatic carriers though — I’d be psyched for hoops sooner rather than later, but am not actually expecting to get it just yet.

Tests would catch asymptomatic carriers, right? I was saying I think both leagues almost have to test daily. Then just had the random thought about the faceshield being kinda handy for the NHL.

C'mon 31to6, get your **** together!

About time somebody said it. :)
All good man. I think there’s almost no stopping it at this point. The money has momentum now.
User avatar
ermocrate
General Manager
Posts: 9,616
And1: 1,582
Joined: Apr 19, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Contact:
   

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#131 » by ermocrate » Fri Jun 5, 2020 10:14 am

Why waste time and money on tests for NBA players when you can test people for free instead.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#132 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jun 6, 2020 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter




Anybody know more about this?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#133 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 1:19 am

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#134 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter




Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
JimmyFromNz
Sophomore
Posts: 180
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 11, 2006
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#135 » by JimmyFromNz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Having stamped out all cases of COVID in New Zealand, our 'major' sports are restarting with fans in attendance.

So for what it's worth - if anyone is losing the will to live without basketball... the NZ National Basketball league is beginning 23 June.

https://www.nznbl.basketball/

This is a feeder league for the Australian NBL (the higher league that Hampton and LaMelo played in this year, which regularly attracts guys like Celtics HOFer Orien Greene). The make up of the league is certain ANBL players, some mediocre former american college players, and emerging national talent.

The uniqueness of this year is that they are pooling all players and holding an NBA style draft. Hilariously it is an open draft, so despite having around 90 guys who are professional/semi-professional, anyone can technically sign up!

They have a short season pass available which is about 10 USD. So if you're desperate, into sub-optimal basketball, want to put money down on the 'Otago Nuggets' smoking the 'Taranaki Mountain Airs', or are just interested in a different basketball 'experience' give it a look.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 29,473
And1: 10,740
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#136 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 pm

I think the NBA should bag Orlando and go to New Zealand so that the games can be played in front of live crowds.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 29,462
And1: 55,474
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#137 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 29,462
And1: 55,474
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#138 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#139 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 27,568
And1: 27,589
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: The Return of Sports Leagues, Around the World 

Post#140 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart

Return to Boston Celtics