ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1961 » by grindtime22 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:31 am

Curmudgeon wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
You can absolutely disagree with him. You can call him an idiot if you want for not getting the vaccine. You can call him an idiot for taking Ivermectin. You can call him an idiot for a number of things, but we should at least give a true portrayal.

That is a true portrayal.

It's just not and its wild. Rogan draws clicks so they pick through every episode looking for clickbait and people fall for it. They paint him as some kind of right wing lunatic and he isn't even close to falling in that category. I would say he leans more to the left than he does to the right. You would never know it from the clickbait headlines though. His success has pretty much been built on being reasonable and open. The podcast is brilliant and wide-ranging. Putting it in a box just doesn't work and that is why its successful. Should you get your medical advice from him? No, I wouldn't. Painting him as some kind of lunatic is just wrong though.

If you think he is dumb for taking an anti-parasitic drug, well alright. I'll defer to those who know more on the subject as I am certainly lacking. Calling it "horse dewormer" is just sensationalism at its finest though. Horse dewormer, horse dewormer, horse dewormer, horse dewormer. Can we just stop with that? There are doctors prescribing it and it isn't livestock medication these doctors are putting out. There are idiots out there who are going to get the livestock version, but that isn't what Rogan is doing. That NPR article infers that he is taking livestock medication, which is just dumb. Then people read that headline and get a certain idea. It is approved for human use (not for Covid). It has been widely and safely used for years. It may not be prominent in this country, but it has been used by hundreds of millions of people. It has had a profound impact in human populations. It was a part of winning the nobel prize for it's impact on humans. Can we at least call it human dewormer? An anti-parasitic drug? It just doesn't have the same ring though does it? We have to make it look as absolutely crazy as possible.

Rogan took a "cocktail" of crazy stuff. That characterization is sensationalism. He took an iv drip. If you can access that, it seems pretty reasonable? He took monoclonal antibody treatment. That isn't completely crazy is it? That has emergency authorization. And then he took the controversial ivermectin. It's effectiveness is up for debate, but it isn't dangerous for non-idiots either. Maybe it helped, or maybe it didn't. He isn't getting this crap from the feed store though. You paint stuff this way enough times and people will stop believing everything you put out.

Oxford University doing trials with horse dewormer has to be the craziest thing ever right? They are wildin out over there. Have they lost their damn minds? Is Alex Jones running that place? Or, maybe there has been enough to at least investigate and figure it out.

I am vaccinated. I'm on board with people getting vaccinated. If you do get the virus though, what is the best course of treatment?We are continuing to figure it out aren't we? There are some treatments, but we have no silver bullet yet. Like it or not, there are smart people that consider ivermectin promising. There are smart people writing prescriptions for it right now. We don't have great evidence yet with ivermeticin, but we should do everything we can to get it shouldn't we? Will it be effective? Will it be safe at the necessary dose? Lets figure it out before we categorize everybody as complete nutjobs. I think it is a good thing that Oxford has decided to include horse dewormer in a more statistically significant trial.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1962 » by jmr07019 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:48 pm

Show Love Spread Love
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,913

Post#1963 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:09 pm

Why not just take the Vaccine, instead of the Horse medicine?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,868

Post#1964 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:41 pm

He should have gotten vaccinated and denied it, like the anti-abortion politicians who pay for the abortion when their mistresses get pregnant.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,913

Post#1965 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:32 pm

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics