ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,448
And1: 4,521
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1261 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 pm

HardHittenNB83 wrote:U guys believe in Science Fiction a little to much, Covid is nothing to be scared about live ur life ! Get fresh air and sun and keep ur immune system A-1 and u have zero to worry about, people I know who tested positive 1 was a 82 year old and he said he felt fine jus a little under the weather!! If u ain’t know by now they push fear threw the media, stress alone kills ur immune system, Covid is a 2/10 and fake news pushes it as a 10/10, Do not consent to testing / vaccines or nothing, the same guy Bill Gates said on Ted Talks our his own mouth “if we do a good job on healthcare and vaccines we can decrease the world population by 10-15%” and this the guy ur gonna choose ?! The same guy who gave u Microsoft with viruses and than turned around and sold u anti virus software?!! Y’all gotta research ur own and stop echoing what u heard on ur tv or from ur sheep friends on social media, control ur own thoughts bcuz 90% don’t.... peace


Well ****, I was going to listen to scientists and infectious disease experts along with historians and people with common sense but then this epic f**ktard with a troll account came along and almost intelligibly made some really fine points. I'm a go throw my masks away and kiss anyone who looks feverish.
User avatar
SichtingLives
RealGM
Posts: 40,067
And1: 24,083
Joined: Mar 25, 2009

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1262 » by SichtingLives » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 pm

It's kind of funny that there is no discernible way to tell the difference between a trolling 10 year old from an adult Trumpuppet on a forum.
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,662
And1: 3,176
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1263 » by threrf23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 pm

SichtingLives wrote:It's kind of funny that there is no discernible way to tell the difference between a trolling 10 year old from an adult Trumpuppet on a forum.


Even more funny that there is little discernable way to tell the difference between a trolling 10 y/o and Trump himself.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 31,127
And1: 12,785
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1264 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 pm

threrf23 wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:It's kind of funny that there is no discernible way to tell the difference between a trolling 10 year old from an adult Trumpuppet on a forum.


Even more funny that there is little discernable way to tell the difference between a trolling 10 y/o and Trump himself.


The 10 year-old is a much better speller. Dead giveaway.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,752
And1: 64,531
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1265 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:08 am

Hoping for the best.
Read on Twitter
ddb
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 8,794
Joined: May 10, 2007

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1266 » by ddb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:55 pm

I have been really hesitant to post in here but I'm going to throw one post together and leave it at. First of all, Covid is real. But it's been real for a long time. coronavirus' are not a new thing. They have been around for decades. So please don't mistaken what I'm about to say and throw me into the category of conspiracist. Because I do believe that some people have died because of the most recent coronavirus. However, it's clear as day that the case numbers and death numbers have been manipulated to the fullest to push a narrative of fear that is media driven across the world. The scary part of all of this is there are countless clips and videos of Fauci, Gates, and many others talking about this stuff over the past couple of years. It's almost like they knew it was going to happen. Now, please allow me to share some statistics straight from the CDC. Oct 1, 2019 thru April 4, 2020 there was between 40-56 million flu cases of A or B (combined). Between 50-62k deaths from flu A/B. 410-740k hospitalizations. Where has the flu gone? Numbers are showing its down over 90%. That's very clearly because everything is now falling in the category of covid-19.

Masks, social distancing. Don't work. I live in Florida and have yet to put a mask on. We are all fine down here. Things are open, some people wear masks, some don't. I'm blessed to be here. Our numbers with the elderly population in Florida should be astronomical based on what politicians are pushing in certain areas with lock downs and mask mandates. Here's one of dozens of videos to help support my stance on that. And I don't want to hear "o, it's something Sean Avery posted and he's an idiot." I've seen this video and many others elsewhere, I just recall seeing that he posted it recently so that's where I went to grab the content.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The bottom line. Covid-19 is real. Not a hoax. But not nearly as dangerous as its being made out to be. Mask mandates, lock downs, and social distancing IS A FRAUD. This is about control through fear. This is about mandating vaccines. This is about stripping freedoms and seeing how far they can go to control the general public. If you can go to a strip club, but you can't go to Church. Something is up. The list goes on and on. The "Great reset" is not a conspiracy theory. It's something that politicians across the world are already talking about in speeches.

So I suggest that even if you think I'm nuts....Do some real research beyond the CDC website, WHO website, etc. Talk to people on both sides of the fence.

The solution is very simple. If you have health issues, if you are old, or if you are afraid...you have every right to take precautions. But if you are healthy you need to be out there urging to reopen. Take your mask off. You will be fine. And by doing this we are ultimately protecting the vulnerable. Just like any virus, it can be overcome. Staying in your house by the masses only prolongs everything.

Lastly, when this vaccine is released. Do whatever your heart desires. I can tell you with certainty that I will not be taking a covid vaccine. same reason I don't take a flu vaccine. Just wait and see how many covid vaccine injuries there are. It's going to be a major problem. And when the vaccine doesn't work they are going to say it's because the virus mutated. Well....duh! All virus' do! It won't be long until Covid-20 is the what the media is driving. It won't be long until you can't even go to a Celtics game without proof of a vaccination or "immunity".

This is scary **** my friends. And I'm not talking about the virus. You know, there was a time not too long ago when there was a virus that unlike covid WAS an absolute death sentence. At first they said it was the "gay cancer". But then straight people started dying from it too. And yes, the volume of the disease wasn't nearly as widespread because we soon found out that it wasn't airborne. But for awhile the experts had no idea what it was, how it was transmitted, or where it came from. HIV & Aids is still around, and I'd just like to remind people that during the onset of HIV/AIDS there wasn't a lockdown. Or masks. Or social distancing. Yet, if you got aids at that time you were dead. period. Just some food for thought. so why are we locking down, being forced to do all these bizarre things for a coronavirus?

I digress. go Celtics!
GreenFor3
Senior
Posts: 732
And1: 342
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
   

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1267 » by GreenFor3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm

ddb wrote:
Spoiler:
I have been really hesitant to post in here but I'm going to throw one post together and leave it at. First of all, Covid is real. But it's been real for a long time. coronavirus' are not a new thing. They have been around for decades. So please don't mistaken what I'm about to say and throw me into the category of conspiracist. Because I do believe that some people have died because of the most recent coronavirus. However, it's clear as day that the case numbers and death numbers have been manipulated to the fullest to push a narrative of fear that is media driven across the world. The scary part of all of this is there are countless clips and videos of Fauci, Gates, and many others talking about this stuff over the past couple of years. It's almost like they knew it was going to happen. Now, please allow me to share some statistics straight from the CDC. Oct 1, 2019 thru April 4, 2020 there was between 40-56 million flu cases of A or B (combined). Between 50-62k deaths from flu A/B. 410-740k hospitalizations. Where has the flu gone? Numbers are showing its down over 90%. That's very clearly because everything is now falling in the category of covid-19.

Masks, social distancing. Don't work. I live in Florida and have yet to put a mask on. We are all fine down here. Things are open, some people wear masks, some don't. I'm blessed to be here. Our numbers with the elderly population in Florida should be astronomical based on what politicians are pushing in certain areas with lock downs and mask mandates. Here's one of dozens of videos to help support my stance on that. And I don't want to hear "o, it's something Sean Avery posted and he's an idiot." I've seen this video and many others elsewhere, I just recall seeing that he posted it recently so that's where I went to grab the content.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The bottom line. Covid-19 is real. Not a hoax. But not nearly as dangerous as its being made out to be. Mask mandates, lock downs, and social distancing IS A FRAUD. This is about control through fear. This is about mandating vaccines. This is about stripping freedoms and seeing how far they can go to control the general public. If you can go to a strip club, but you can't go to Church. Something is up. The list goes on and on. The "Great reset" is not a conspiracy theory. It's something that politicians across the world are already talking about in speeches.

So I suggest that even if you think I'm nuts....Do some real research beyond the CDC website, WHO website, etc. Talk to people on both sides of the fence.

The solution is very simple. If you have health issues, if you are old, or if you are afraid...you have every right to take precautions. But if you are healthy you need to be out there urging to reopen. Take your mask off. You will be fine. And by doing this we are ultimately protecting the vulnerable. Just like any virus, it can be overcome. Staying in your house by the masses only prolongs everything.

Lastly, when this vaccine is released. Do whatever your heart desires. I can tell you with certainty that I will not be taking a covid vaccine. same reason I don't take a flu vaccine. Just wait and see how many covid vaccine injuries there are. It's going to be a major problem. And when the vaccine doesn't work they are going to say it's because the virus mutated. Well....duh! All virus' do! It won't be long until Covid-20 is the what the media is driving. It won't be long until you can't even go to a Celtics game without proof of a vaccination or "immunity".

This is scary **** my friends. And I'm not talking about the virus. You know, there was a time not too long ago when there was a virus that unlike covid WAS an absolute death sentence. At first they said it was the "gay cancer". But then straight people started dying from it too. And yes, the volume of the disease wasn't nearly as widespread because we soon found out that it wasn't airborne. But for awhile the experts had no idea what it was, how it was transmitted, or where it came from.
HIV & Aids is still around, and I'd just like to remind people that during the onset of HIV/AIDS there wasn't a lockdown. Or masks. Or social distancing. Yet, if you got aids at that time you were dead. period. Just some food for thought. so why are we locking down, being forced to do all these bizarre things for a coronavirus?

I digress. go Celtics!

I don't want to get into the whole thing, but this part is simple to answer. HIV & Aids are transmitted through blood and sexual fluids, so you do not need to do social distancing or lock downs. Instead it's mitigated with preventing things like unprotected sex and needle sharing. Plus HIV hit the gay and drug communities first so people were much slower to respond as society didn't give a **** about either of them.
GWVan
Veteran
Posts: 2,574
And1: 1,681
Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Location: The world's most famous beach
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1268 » by GWVan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:41 pm

I agree with pretty much everything you said ddb, but I usually keep my mouth shut as I appear to be on the 'wrong' side. Since you put yourself out there I'll stand up for a minute.

I've been following and tracking numbers since the beginning as I has some responsibilities in running a fraternal organization whose membership trends deep into the risk groups. I've felt it was really overhyped from the beginning and the fear sometimes gets in the way of practical solutions while protecting the vulnerable.

Maybe being in Florida and outside one of the big metro centers leads me to a distorted view, but here, cases are up and deaths are down.

Now what is bugging me is four people close to me, my 21 year old son, and three friends in their 60s have had the virus in the last few weeks. All of them had a 24 hour bug and were fine after. I'm wondering if Florida's lackadaisical approach to lockdowns has allowed the virus to spread and mutate here to a less deadly version. Or is the test coming up positive for another coronavirus because it is too sensitive?
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,063
And1: 6,306
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1269 » by ParticleMan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:57 pm

maybe there is some overhyping of the covid threat, but let's be real, previous coronaviruses have not killed over a quarter of a million people in 6 months. nowhere close. saying covid-19 is just another coronavirus is like saying a tsunami is just another good surfing wave.

maybe you think it's overblown. fine. maybe you're even right. but there are others out there who are scared, possibly because they are older, they have respiratory ailments, or they're just more fearful people. doesn't it seem neighborly to e.g. wear a mask inside stores, even if you think corona is not that big a deal? i mean, is that really such an onerous thing to ask?
cl2117
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,612
And1: 3,762
Joined: Jun 14, 2013
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1270 » by cl2117 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Oh ffs I was hesitant to open this thread, but was curious. It's not a hoax. Masks and lockdowns are not a fraud. There is no global conspiracy to get you. Vaccines don't cause autism. Over 2,000 people died yesterday. Come on people.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
watsonthedragon
Rookie
Posts: 1,067
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1271 » by watsonthedragon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:27 pm

ParticleMan wrote:maybe there is some overhyping of the covid threat, but let's be real, previous coronaviruses have not killed over a quarter of a million people in 6 months. nowhere close. saying covid-19 is just another coronavirus is like saying a tsunami is just another good surfing wave.

maybe you think it's overblown. fine. maybe you're even right. but there are others out there who are scared, possibly because they are older, they have respiratory ailments, or they're just more fearful people. doesn't it seem neighborly to e.g. wear a mask inside stores, even if you think corona is not that big a deal? i mean, is that really such an onerous thing to ask?


Especially since masks are used to reduce the risk of you transmitting to others, not protecting yourself.

Also, saying masks and social distancing don't work is pretty ridiculous. You can argue that they aren't needed or are overkill, which may be what ddb is getting it, but saying that they don't work is just ignoring logic. If I have any infectious disease and I stand further away from you it reduces the risk of you getting it. Period.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,563
And1: 6,641
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1272 » by canman1971 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:20 pm

I am absolutely stunned by some of the recent comments in this thread.
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,662
And1: 3,176
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1273 » by threrf23 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:25 pm

GWVan wrote:
Now what is bugging me is four people close to me, my 21 year old son, and three friends in their 60s have had the virus in the last few weeks. All of them had a 24 hour bug and were fine after. I'm wondering if Florida's lackadaisical approach to lockdowns has allowed the virus to spread and mutate here to a less deadly version. Or is the test coming up positive for another coronavirus because it is too sensitive?


The virus has never presented a bigger (or much bigger) threat than the flu to those young and healthy. Even those in the 60s are likely to be okay if they are healthy and have no preexisting conditions or what not. But if enough of your peers get it, someone will die and some will end up hospitalized. They infect their parents - bad news.

Anyways deaths lag behind cases. Taking a quick glance at some Google charts - if you go back two weeks daily case totals in FL look about half as high as the summer peak. Daily deaths also look about half as high as the summer peak. Maybe not exactly, but with school back in session I'm sure a higher percentage of diagnosed cases are amongst younger folk.

Also, there seems to be lots of anecdotal evidence that symptom severity is correlated with viral load. Contracting Covid is not necessarily a straight up black or white, yes or no issue. If you are in a suburban area with lower case totals, and are avoiding large gatherings and not spending time around 20 somethings who are out partying and wearing masks situationally etc etc...then chances are you are exposed to less viral load.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 7,914
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1274 » by greenroom31 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:27 pm

I'll just say I can't believe the mental gymnastics and conspiracy theories otherwise intelligent and rational people will adopt in order to avoid wearing a damn mask.

It's really not that hard a thing to do. It's not surrendering your rights or your freedoms or some nonsense. It's about taking a very simple step to help protect yourselves and others that is little to no inconvenience in reality until such time as a vaccine becomes available (hopefully soon).

And not to take a cheap shot but I must admit, when I read the "I live in Florida" part it all started to make sense...
ddb
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 8,794
Joined: May 10, 2007

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1275 » by ddb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm

GreenFor3 wrote:
ddb wrote:
Spoiler:
I have been really hesitant to post in here but I'm going to throw one post together and leave it at. First of all, Covid is real. But it's been real for a long time. coronavirus' are not a new thing. They have been around for decades. So please don't mistaken what I'm about to say and throw me into the category of conspiracist. Because I do believe that some people have died because of the most recent coronavirus. However, it's clear as day that the case numbers and death numbers have been manipulated to the fullest to push a narrative of fear that is media driven across the world. The scary part of all of this is there are countless clips and videos of Fauci, Gates, and many others talking about this stuff over the past couple of years. It's almost like they knew it was going to happen. Now, please allow me to share some statistics straight from the CDC. Oct 1, 2019 thru April 4, 2020 there was between 40-56 million flu cases of A or B (combined). Between 50-62k deaths from flu A/B. 410-740k hospitalizations. Where has the flu gone? Numbers are showing its down over 90%. That's very clearly because everything is now falling in the category of covid-19.

Masks, social distancing. Don't work. I live in Florida and have yet to put a mask on. We are all fine down here. Things are open, some people wear masks, some don't. I'm blessed to be here. Our numbers with the elderly population in Florida should be astronomical based on what politicians are pushing in certain areas with lock downs and mask mandates. Here's one of dozens of videos to help support my stance on that. And I don't want to hear "o, it's something Sean Avery posted and he's an idiot." I've seen this video and many others elsewhere, I just recall seeing that he posted it recently so that's where I went to grab the content.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

The bottom line. Covid-19 is real. Not a hoax. But not nearly as dangerous as its being made out to be. Mask mandates, lock downs, and social distancing IS A FRAUD. This is about control through fear. This is about mandating vaccines. This is about stripping freedoms and seeing how far they can go to control the general public. If you can go to a strip club, but you can't go to Church. Something is up. The list goes on and on. The "Great reset" is not a conspiracy theory. It's something that politicians across the world are already talking about in speeches.

So I suggest that even if you think I'm nuts....Do some real research beyond the CDC website, WHO website, etc. Talk to people on both sides of the fence.

The solution is very simple. If you have health issues, if you are old, or if you are afraid...you have every right to take precautions. But if you are healthy you need to be out there urging to reopen. Take your mask off. You will be fine. And by doing this we are ultimately protecting the vulnerable. Just like any virus, it can be overcome. Staying in your house by the masses only prolongs everything.

Lastly, when this vaccine is released. Do whatever your heart desires. I can tell you with certainty that I will not be taking a covid vaccine. same reason I don't take a flu vaccine. Just wait and see how many covid vaccine injuries there are. It's going to be a major problem. And when the vaccine doesn't work they are going to say it's because the virus mutated. Well....duh! All virus' do! It won't be long until Covid-20 is the what the media is driving. It won't be long until you can't even go to a Celtics game without proof of a vaccination or "immunity".

This is scary **** my friends. And I'm not talking about the virus. You know, there was a time not too long ago when there was a virus that unlike covid WAS an absolute death sentence. At first they said it was the "gay cancer". But then straight people started dying from it too. And yes, the volume of the disease wasn't nearly as widespread because we soon found out that it wasn't airborne. But for awhile the experts had no idea what it was, how it was transmitted, or where it came from.
HIV & Aids is still around, and I'd just like to remind people that during the onset of HIV/AIDS there wasn't a lockdown. Or masks. Or social distancing. Yet, if you got aids at that time you were dead. period. Just some food for thought. so why are we locking down, being forced to do all these bizarre things for a coronavirus?

I digress. go Celtics!

I don't want to get into the whole thing, but this part is simple to answer. HIV & Aids are transmitted through blood and sexual fluids, so you do not need to do social distancing or lock downs. Instead it's mitigated with preventing things like unprotected sex and needle sharing. Plus HIV hit the gay and drug communities first so people were much slower to respond as society didn't give a **** about either of them.


Obviously. Everything you said is well known. I only brought that up because at first when it first started spreading the medical professionals and govt officials did not know how, when, or where it was transmitted. There were no lockdowns. That is my only point in bringing that up. And it was a death sentence.
ddb
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 8,794
Joined: May 10, 2007

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1276 » by ddb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:45 pm

GWVan wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you said ddb, but I usually keep my mouth shut as I appear to be on the 'wrong' side. Since you put yourself out there I'll stand up for a minute.

I've been following and tracking numbers since the beginning as I has some responsibilities in running a fraternal organization whose membership trends deep into the risk groups. I've felt it was really overhyped from the beginning and the fear sometimes gets in the way of practical solutions while protecting the vulnerable.

Maybe being in Florida and outside one of the big metro centers leads me to a distorted view, but here, cases are up and deaths are down.

Now what is bugging me is four people close to me, my 21 year old son, and three friends in their 60s have had the virus in the last few weeks. All of them had a 24 hour bug and were fine after. I'm wondering if Florida's lackadaisical approach to lockdowns has allowed the virus to spread and mutate here to a less deadly version. Or is the test coming up positive for another coronavirus because it is too sensitive?


Florida is just as crazy about getting people tested as anywhere else. I just think it's so easy to manipulate the numbers of cases and deaths. I don't really want to get into a deep conversation about it because quite frankly I'm sick and tired of talking about it with people. I shared what I had to say. Glad I did. Don't care if people disagree or are offended by it. It's how I feel, based on extensive research. I have a right to feel that way.
ddb
General Manager
Posts: 9,882
And1: 8,794
Joined: May 10, 2007

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1277 » by ddb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 pm

ParticleMan wrote:maybe there is some overhyping of the covid threat, but let's be real, previous coronaviruses have not killed over a quarter of a million people in 6 months. nowhere close. saying covid-19 is just another coronavirus is like saying a tsunami is just another good surfing wave.

maybe you think it's overblown. fine. maybe you're even right. but there are others out there who are scared, possibly because they are older, they have respiratory ailments, or they're just more fearful people. doesn't it seem neighborly to e.g. wear a mask inside stores, even if you think corona is not that big a deal? i mean, is that really such an onerous thing to ask?


but did it? did it kill that many people?
fallguy
Veteran
Posts: 2,933
And1: 4,018
Joined: Jun 12, 2009

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1278 » by fallguy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm

greenroom31 wrote:I'll just say I can't believe the mental gymnastics and conspiracy theories otherwise intelligent and rational people will adopt in order to avoid wearing a damn mask.

It's really not that hard a thing to do. It's not surrendering your rights or your freedoms or some nonsense. It's about taking a very simple step to help protect yourselves and others that is little to no inconvenience in reality until such time as a vaccine becomes available (hopefully soon).

And not to take a cheap shot but I must admit, when I read the "I live in Florida" part it all started to make sense...


The freedom argument is beyond stupid. Masks are simple, easy, imperfect but effective. Just like seatbelts. Just like helmets.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,563
And1: 6,641
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1279 » by canman1971 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:56 pm

My wife is a nurse in a long term care facility, and I will say this **** is as real as it gets. Will government officials or businesses try to take advantage of it? Of course, but lots of people have died as a result of this and have gotten extremely sick. I don't know where the disconnect is? Even with some of my closest friends.
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,662
And1: 3,176
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1280 » by threrf23 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:59 pm

While I think it is obvious by now that masks work and should certainly be worn in certain contexts if not in general, the latest discussion in this thread illustrates why blanket mask mandates and rhetoric can backfire pretty easily. By quasi-forcing people to wear masks - are you encouraging them to wear masks, daring them not to wear one, or simply hurting your credibility amongst them? Maybe your intent is not to spew out of touch political rhetoric, and maybe you are not spewing political rhetoric, but that is how it comes across to a lot of people.

The attitudes being expressed are held by many and are especially common in some parts of the country.

Return to Boston Celtics