ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1581 » by theman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 pm

"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,785

Post#1582 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 pm

I'm wearing a band aid on my left arm.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1583 » by canman1971 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:08 pm

I'll be wearing Green and rocking out to the live stream of the Dropkick Murphy's on March 17th at 7pm EST. Can't believe it's been a year.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#1584 » by DoubleHappiness » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 am

I know we got some Brazilians in here. Just talked to my friend in Brasil and they are NOT having a good time right now. Hospital system struggling. He's got two people close to him in intensive care and they were lucky to get a bed he said, as the system is threatening collapse.

Stay safe out there South American friends.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#1585 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:39 am

theman wrote:Image

I'm not going to wear my idiocy on my sleeve, that's for damn sure.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1586 » by theman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I'm not going to wear my idiocy on my sleeve, that's for damn sure.

Keep it in your pants.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1587 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:25 pm

theman wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I'm not going to wear my idiocy on my sleeve, that's for damn sure.

Keep it in your pants.

Look... I live in the hotspot of the pandemic in Canada. We're catching this **** virus left and right. A lot of people have died, to the point that everybody here knows somebody who was lost to the pandemic. Let's not even bring up those who have been without a job for months, some becoming homeless. I read terrible news every day. Then I come here and I stumble upon your post sharing some brainless idiot's attempt at fun... and it kinda, sorta feels like I'm being trolled.

So no, I'm not going to keep it in my pants. If anything, this is a good time to start slapping idiocy with it, whether you like it or not. People like your RazorFist friend are the reason this virus will stick around longer, thanks to which we'll have to deal with its mutations, which means more death and more suffering. How ****ing fun is that?
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#1588 » by exculpatory » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
theman wrote:

Keep it in your pants.

Look... I live in the hotspot of the pandemic in Canada. We're catching this **** virus left and right. A lot of people have died, to the point that everybody here knows somebody who was lost to the pandemic. Let's not even bring up those who have been without a job for months, some becoming homeless. I read terrible news every day. Then I come here and I stumble upon your post sharing some brainless idiot's attempt at fun... and it kinda, sorta feels like I'm being trolled.

So no, I'm not going to keep it in my pants. If anything, this is a good time to start slapping idiocy with it, either you like it or not. People like your RazorFist friend are the reason this virus will stick around longer, thanks to which we'll have to deal with its mutations, which means more death and more suffering. How ****ing fun is that?

+infinity

So many ignorant, crass, selfish, scum sucking morons out there propagating this curse to mankind.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#1589 » by exculpatory » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am

This is truly exciting.
It will be inordinately difficult for someone non-medical to read & digest - but perhaps a couple of you will take a run at it. You ought to read at least the abstract, introduction & conclusions of the ATCH publication from the March issue of the JCEM.. It is an awesome hypothesis if true. In a nutshell, an aspect of endocrine pathophysiology may determine which patients, after contracting COVID, develop ARDS, cytokine storm, COVID-induced coagulopathy, & the need for intubation & the ICU potentially resulting in death. And, if true, it lays the groundwork for immediately initiating an evaluation of a very consequential/new therapeutic intervention (dexamethasone PLUS an aldosterone receptor antagonist).

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/106/3/622/6009077
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#1590 » by Slax » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 pm

A patient my wife was taking care of sneezed on her and later tested positive, and now she has some mild symptoms (congestion, scratchy throat, weakness). She's fully vaccinated and was wearing a mask during the interaction so there's at least an outside chance this is just allergies or a cold, but honestly... probably COVID. She has been instructed to quarantine regardless of however the PCR test comes back. Sucks. If it is COVID, I'm hoping it's mild (which it probably will be, considering she's vaccinated) and that she started isolating early enough to prevent spread in our household. Fingers crossed I guess. :(
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#1591 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Slax wrote:A patient my wife was taking care of sneezed on her and later tested positive, and now she has some mild symptoms (congestion, scratchy throat, weakness). She's fully vaccinated and was wearing a mask during the interaction so there's at least an outside chance this is just allergies or a cold, but honestly... probably COVID. She has been instructed to quarantine regardless of however the PCR test comes back. Sucks. If it is COVID, I'm hoping it's mild (which it probably will be, considering she's vaccinated) and that she started isolating early enough to prevent spread in our household. Fingers crossed I guess. :(

Amen. Hope it's just a cold.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1592 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 pm

Slax wrote:A patient my wife was taking care of sneezed on her and later tested positive, and now she has some mild symptoms (congestion, scratchy throat, weakness). She's fully vaccinated and was wearing a mask during the interaction so there's at least an outside chance this is just allergies or a cold, but honestly... probably COVID. She has been instructed to quarantine regardless of however the PCR test comes back. Sucks. If it is COVID, I'm hoping it's mild (which it probably will be, considering she's vaccinated) and that she started isolating early enough to prevent spread in our household. Fingers crossed I guess. :(

Here's hoping for something mild, which -- like you said -- is probably going to be the case. Thank gawd for the vaccine.
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#1593 » by Slax » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Good news - wife tested negative on PCR. Probably a cold, which could explain why she doesn't have cough or fever.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#1594 » by canman1971 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Slax wrote:Good news - wife tested negative on PCR. Probably a cold, which could explain why she doesn't have cough or fever.

My wife, who is also nurse, has a bad cold. Her work made her get tested and it was negative as well. She's also fully vaccinated and I get my first one March 24. They finally bumped up the time for teachers.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#1595 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:31 am

Slax wrote:Good news - wife tested negative on PCR. Probably a cold, which could explain why she doesn't have cough or fever.

That's Great news.

canman1971 wrote:

My wife, who is also nurse, has a bad cold. Her work made her get tested and it was negative as well. She's also fully vaccinated and I get my first one March 24. They finally bumped up the time for teachers.

Teachers are really needed. That's a Given. The Kids can't go to school without them.
My own Grands have been home (internet schooling) all this time. This is the 2nd school year.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1596 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:07 am

Green89 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I got the Moderna vaccine and there was no reaction whatsoever, just a little soreness in my arm for about 12 hours. They say that the reaction from the second short can be worse, but I'm sure it's better than covid. Even a young athlete like Tatum experiences dangerous long-term effects.

If the anti-vaxxers who got covid would just go off in a corner and die, that would be ok with me. But they spread the virus to others and overload the emergency rooms.

Where's the evidence/data that shows people who've been vaccinated can't spread the virus?

Other than the immediate, precipitous drop in cases and deaths since vaccinations started in earnest?

You are totally misinformed and that is your right, but expecting conclusive studies after like 6-8 weeks of vaccinations is not how science works.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#1597 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:51 am

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1598 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:29 pm

COVID pinata made out of a basketball

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,228

Post#1599 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1600 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Return to Boston Celtics