ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

cloverleaf
General Manager
Posts: 7,508
And1: 4,721
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1701 » by cloverleaf » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:25 pm

exculpatory
RealGM
Posts: 11,315
And1: 7,182
Joined: Nov 10, 2008

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1702 » by exculpatory » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm

The proof is not perfect - but it is pretty **** good & the best we **** have VS this horrific plague while we continue to mass VAX as rapidly as possible.

Those who view appropriate mitigation to protect both themselves & the general public as an unacceptable violation of their constitutional rights & personal freedoms and/or refuse to VAX are dumber than rocks and/or selfish dick wads and/or have their heads so far up their asses that they could bite off a polyp in their ascending colons.


https://www.mdedge.com/hematology-oncology/article/236833/coronavirus-updates/dining-restrictions-mask-mandates-tied-less

CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 3/5/2021

The numbers are in to back up two policies designed to restrict the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) found that when states lifted restrictions on dining on premises at restaurants, rates of daily COVID-19 cases jumped 41-100 days later. COVID-19-related deaths also increased significantly after 60 days.
On the other hand, the same report demonstrates that state mask mandates slowed the spread of SARS-CoV-2 within a few weeks.
The study was published online March 5 in the CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
The investigators did not distinguish between outdoor and indoor restaurant dining. But they did compare COVID-19 case and death rates before and after most states banned restaurants from serving patrons on-premises in March and April 2020.
They found, for example, that COVID-19 daily cases increased by 0.9% at 41-60 days after on-premise dining was permitted. Similarly, rates jumped by 1.2% at 61-80 days, and 1.1% at 81-100 days after the restaurant restrictions were lifted.
The differences were statistically significant, with P values of .02, <.01, and .04, respectively.
COVID-19–related death rates did not increase significantly at first – but did jump 2.2% between 61 and 80 days after the return of on-premises dining, for example. Deaths also increased by 3% at 81-100 days.
Both these differences were statistically significant (P < .01).
This is not the first report where the CDC announced reservations about in-person dining. In September 2020, CDC investigators implicated the inability to wear a mask while eating and drinking as likely contributing to the heightened risk.
Masks make a difference
The CDC report also provided more evidence to back mask-wearing policies for public spaces. Between March 1 and Dec. 31, 2020, 74% of U.S. counties issued mask mandates.
Investigators found that these policies had a more immediate effect, reducing daily COVID-19 cases by 0.5% in the first 20 days. Mask mandates likewise were linked to daily cases dropping 1.1% between 21 and 40 days, 1.5% between 41 and 60 days, 1.7% between 61 and 80 days, and 1.8% between 81 and 100 days.
These decreases in daily COVID-19 cases were statistically significant (P < .01) compared with a reference period before March 1, 2020.
The CDC also linked mask mandates to lower mortality. For example, these state policies were associated with 0.7% fewer deaths at 1-20 days post implementation. The effect increased thereafter – 1.0% drop at 21-40 days, 1.4% decrease at 41-60 days, 1.6% drop between 61 and 80 days, and 1.9% fewer deaths between 81 and 100 days.
The decrease in deaths was statistically significant at 1-20 days after the mask mandate (P = .03), as well as during the other periods (each P < .01) compared with the reference period.
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD, reacted to the new findings at a White House press briefing. She cited how increases in COVID-19 cases and death rates “slowed significantly within 20 days of putting mask mandates into place. This is why I’m asking you to double down on prevention measures.
“We have seen this movie before,” Dr. Walensky added. “When prevention measures like mask-wearing mandates are lifted, cases go up.”
Recently, multiple states have announced plans to roll back restrictions related to the pandemic, including mask mandates, which prompted warnings from some public health officials.
These are not the first CDC data to show that mask mandates make a difference.
In February 2021, for example, the agency pointed out that state-wide mask mandates reduced COVID-19 hospitalizations by 5.5% among adults 18-64 years old within 3 weeks of implementation.
Restrictions regarding on-premises restaurant dining and implementation of state-wide mask mandates are two tactics within a more comprehensive CDC strategy to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The researchers note that “such efforts are increasingly important given the emergence of highly transmissible SARS-CoV-2 variants in the United States.”


https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6625

Annals of Internal Medicine 12/2020 - the Bible for internists!

Key Summary Points
Masks and face coverings, if widely worn, may substantially reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The benefits of mask wearing seem to outweigh the harms when COVID-19 is spreading in a population.
Randomized trials are sparse and have not addressed the question of source control.
Psychological effects of masks are culturally framed and shape acceptance and adherence.
Mandated masking involves a tradeoff with personal freedom.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 22,947
And1: 32,514
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
     

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1703 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Ok so they finally lowered the age requirement down to 40 today, but it is only the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

exculpatory wrote:.


Ex - Should I hold out or is this one good enough? From what I’ve read, the chances of clotting are pretty low.
exculpatory
RealGM
Posts: 11,315
And1: 7,182
Joined: Nov 10, 2008

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1704 » by exculpatory » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Ok so they finally lowered the age requirement down to 40 today, but it is only the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

exculpatory wrote:.


Ex - Should I hold out or is this one good enough? From what I’ve read, the chances of clotting are pretty low.


If you have a choice, I would suggest Pfizer or Moderna.

If your only choice to get VAX in the near future is AZ & Covid is spreading rampantly in your location (similar to Toronto), I would suggest getting it.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,755
And1: 6,989
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1705 » by canman1971 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I still haven’t gotten my first shot. If you don’t have any underlying health conditions, don’t work in health care, and are under the age of 55, you are still waiting in line. It is such a joke of a roll out. We are behind several provinces in my country.

Also, while I’m venting, it is an absolute joke that around my way, we haven’t added essential workers or teachers to the list of eligible people to get the vaccine immediately. Our premiere has maintained that schools have been safe, when in reality, they have been hiding results in order to maintain this facade.

That's messed up. I just got my second and I'm a teacher. If you want kids in school, it is pretty obvious teachers should get it. I've been remote since last March, but I am going back (thankfully) now that I have had both pokes. Only for 2 days, then we have vacation. And I'm sure we will end up remote because so many make poor choices.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 32,072
And1: 14,146
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1706 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:37 pm

In Massachusetts, everyone age 16 or older is now eligible.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,755
And1: 6,989
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1707 » by canman1971 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:In Massachusetts, everyone age 16 or older is now eligible.

Same with NH. Got the 2nd yesterday with no real side effects. I'm a little achy, but when you are my age, it is a daily thing, so hard to differentiate. :lol:
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 5,462
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1708 » by jmr07019 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm

Charlie Chester - Technical Director at CNN:

Fear really drives numbers (TV ratings). Covid? Gangbusters for ratings.

Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side. Let's make it higher. Why isn't it high enough, you know, today? It would make our point better if it were higher.




Of course this doesn't mean covid is a hoax. Get your shot wear a mask blah blah blah. But understand that CNN has zero integrity and will manipulate the truth to scare you and make more money for themselves. The worst part of this video is that it is completely unsurprising and that CNN stans will ignore it.
Show Love Spread Love
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,818
And1: 5,681
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1709 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Charlie Chester - Technical Director at CNN:

Fear really drives numbers (TV ratings). Covid? Gangbusters for ratings.

Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side. Let's make it higher. Why isn't it high enough, you know, today? It would make our point better if it were higher.




Of course this doesn't mean covid is a hoax. Get your shot wear a mask blah blah blah. But understand that CNN has zero integrity and will manipulate the truth to scare you and make more money for themselves. The worst part of this video is that it is completely unsurprising and that CNN stans will ignore it.


Your really posting project veritas videos? How may **** times does that dude have to get debunked before people that want to believe his bull **** finally move on? You know it really wouldn't surprise me at all that any 24 hour news channel uses anything to generate ratings, they all do and it's why I don't bother with any of them but James O'Keefe is an absolute deceptive p.o.s. and by posting one of his videos as evidence in any argument you immediately discredit yourself and whatever you are arguing about. Honestly, I'm not sure what that is at this point, covid's not a hoax but we still don't need to take it all that seriously? Or are you trying to say all liberals watch CNN, CNN is bull ****, therefore all liberals are bull ****?

The bolded part is just plain ridiculous. You're taking something from a known peddler of propaganda and disinformation and because it backs up what you feel somehow using that to insult people who don't agree with how you feel. I say that as a liberal who thinks CNN is hyped trash reporting and wouldn't waste a second of my day watching it, no sooner or later than I would waste a second watching Fox attempt to scare me about minorites, immigrants, and raising taxes on the wealthy. They both play on their bases fears to keep them watching and the 24 hour news cycle goes on. Using O'Keefe, who is way more dishonest and biased than any cable news channel, to make a point about the ethics of a cable news channel who's political bias you disagree with is just ironic.
User avatar
La Flame
Rookie
Posts: 1,087
And1: 1,575
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1710 » by La Flame » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:56 pm

I don't care at all about blue or red, since I'm not American and imo it doesn't even matter since the regular people get screwed either way, whilst politicians get richer. Seems more like a distraction to me.
But if you watch the 2 videos, the CNN director exposes himself hard on undercover camera, the proof is undeniable here. This is just a look inside on how the mainstream media operates and how easily they can influence the public opinion and push an agenda. This is truly disgusting. If you pay attention to it, you can see how much hate/divide the media actually propagates.
This whole virus has turned into a huge politics/economics game.
User avatar
La Flame
Rookie
Posts: 1,087
And1: 1,575
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1711 » by La Flame » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:57 pm

Just to be clear I'm talking about the whole media in general, not just CNN
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,818
And1: 5,681
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1712 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:07 pm

La Flame wrote:I don't care at all about blue or red, since I'm not American and imo it doesn't even matter since the regular people get screwed either way, whilst politicians get richer. Seems more like a distraction to me.
But if you watch the 2 videos, the CNN director exposes himself hard on undercover camera, the proof is undeniable here. This is just a look inside on how the mainstream media operates and how easily they can influence the public opinion and push an agenda. This is truly disgusting. If you pay attention to it, you can see how much hate/divide the media actually propagates.
This whole virus has turned into a huge politics/economics game.


It's absolutely true that 24 hours news channels push an agenda but I think it's just as much pandering to it's divided base as it is trying to influence policy. The lines are divided on almost every facet of life in this country and those channels use that to keep people afraid and watching for ratings to create ad revenue. There's not a lot of middle ground and people seek out information that supports how they already feel about things and what is mostly a 50/50 split on most issues means confirmation bias based spin gets a larger share of the market than middle of the road, bland ol facts do. My point isn't that CNN isn't guilty of this, it's that James O'keefe puts them to shame with his deceptive methods and he is payed to push a conservative agenda by discrediting liberal targets.

JMR isn't wrong about CNN in this, he's wrong to narrow his view to CNN because of his own bias and then use that as a slight on people that watch CNN when they are essentially doing the same thing he is. And he's wrong to ever cite James O'Keefe, even if James O'Keefe were to say that the sun would rise in the morning and set in the evening.
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,818
And1: 5,681
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1713 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:22 pm

La Flame wrote:I don't care at all about blue or red, since I'm not American and imo it doesn't even matter since the regular people get screwed either way, whilst politicians get richer. Seems more like a distraction to me.
But if you watch the 2 videos, the CNN director exposes himself hard on undercover camera, the proof is undeniable here. This is just a look inside on how the mainstream media operates and how easily they can influence the public opinion and push an agenda. This is truly disgusting. If you pay attention to it, you can see how much hate/divide the media actually propagates.
This whole virus has turned into a huge politics/economics game.


Basically it comes down to this, if you want to get rich find a way to profit on telling Americans their guts feelings are correct. I use Americans here and am one but I think it's pretty much a human thing world wide, we're just a little extra special about it.
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 22,947
And1: 32,514
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
     

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1714 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:13 pm

I got my first shot yesterday and it is kicking my ass. Woke up at 2 AM with aches and chills, had to poop twice, and now I’ve got a headache. But at least I know it’s working I guess.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,755
And1: 6,989
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1715 » by canman1971 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:17 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I got my first shot yesterday and it is kicking my ass. Woke up at 2 AM with aches and chills, had to poop twice, and now I’ve got a headache. But at least I know it’s working I guess.

Which one did you get? Fortunately I experience very little side effects. I got my 2nd Moderna one on Monday and felt a little tired and achy, but that's daily for me.
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 22,947
And1: 32,514
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
     

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1716 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:22 pm

canman1971 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I got my first shot yesterday and it is kicking my ass. Woke up at 2 AM with aches and chills, had to poop twice, and now I’ve got a headache. But at least I know it’s working I guess.

Which one did you get? Fortunately I experience very little side effects. I got my 2nd Moderna one on Monday and felt a little tired and achy, but that's daily for me.


I went for Astra Zeneca. It’s the only one available in my area for my age group. Moderna and Pfizer are being saved for the older people.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,755
And1: 6,989
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1717 » by canman1971 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:25 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I got my first shot yesterday and it is kicking my ass. Woke up at 2 AM with aches and chills, had to poop twice, and now I’ve got a headache. But at least I know it’s working I guess.

Which one did you get? Fortunately I experience very little side effects. I got my 2nd Moderna one on Monday and felt a little tired and achy, but that's daily for me.


I went for Astra Zeneca. It’s the only one available in my area for my age group. Moderna and Pfizer are being saved for the older people.

Gotcha. It's funny. My wife got the Pfizer, I got the Moderna and my buddy got the J&J. Not sure that one is around here.
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 5,462
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1718 » by jmr07019 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:Charlie Chester - Technical Director at CNN:

Fear really drives numbers (TV ratings). Covid? Gangbusters for ratings.

Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side. Let's make it higher. Why isn't it high enough, you know, today? It would make our point better if it were higher.




Of course this doesn't mean covid is a hoax. Get your shot wear a mask blah blah blah. But understand that CNN has zero integrity and will manipulate the truth to scare you and make more money for themselves. The worst part of this video is that it is completely unsurprising and that CNN stans will ignore it.


Your really posting project veritas videos? How may **** times does that dude have to get debunked before people that want to believe his bull **** finally move on? You know it really wouldn't surprise me at all that any 24 hour news channel uses anything to generate ratings, they all do and it's why I don't bother with any of them but James O'Keefe is an absolute deceptive p.o.s. and by posting one of his videos as evidence in any argument you immediately discredit yourself and whatever you are arguing about. Honestly, I'm not sure what that is at this point, covid's not a hoax but we still don't need to take it all that seriously? Or are you trying to say all liberals watch CNN, CNN is bull ****, therefore all liberals are bull ****?

The bolded part is just plain ridiculous. You're taking something from a known peddler of propaganda and disinformation and because it backs up what you feel somehow using that to insult people who don't agree with how you feel. I say that as a liberal who thinks CNN is hyped trash reporting and wouldn't waste a second of my day watching it, no sooner or later than I would waste a second watching Fox attempt to scare me about minorites, immigrants, and raising taxes on the wealthy. They both play on their bases fears to keep them watching and the 24 hour news cycle goes on. Using O'Keefe, who is way more dishonest and biased than any cable news channel, to make a point about the ethics of a cable news channel who's political bias you disagree with is just ironic.


Man you really get bent out of shape whenever I post. You can always list me as a foe if my posts anger you that much. You won't see my posts that way. Anyways...

You didn't actually acknowledge or debate anything in the video. You just attacked me and O'Keefe. Try and keep it on topic.

How is the bolded part so ridiculous? You just stated that CNN is hyped trash. I agree. I post this because in my opinion (which is admittedly based on anecdotal evidence) the majority of people do not view CNN as hyped trash but rather as a trusted source. A quick google search tells me CNN is the second most watched news network in America. This isn't some small magazine or blog read by 100,000 people. I would bet the majority of CNN viewers haven't seen this video and they should watch it.

Don't put words in my mouth. It's annoying that I had to stipulate in my original post that I don't think covid was a hoax, that people should continue doing common sense things, etc. I knew I had to or you or someone else would try and put those words in my mouth. Didn't realize I also had stipulate that I don't hate all liberals and that I don't think all liberals are bull ****.

My general point is that the news shouldn't be trusted and people should think for themselves. Do I think many people are too afraid of Covid? Yes. Has the news has lied to us to increase fear and profits? Yes. Am I afraid to eat in a restaurant? No. Am I afraid to go to a drive in concert? Nope. Am I afraid to see friends I haven't seen in a few months and share a joint with them? Nope. But despite all that and despite you trying to paint my as some conservative lunatic I'm actually pretty middle of the road on this. People need to get the vaccine and conservatives are dumb for resisting it. It's too early to be lifting mask mandates. I think Trump is an ass for not pushing masks more and it costs a lot of american lives. **** him for that. Is Fox any better than CNN? Nope I won't watch them either.

PM me something showing O'Keefe being dishonest and full of crap and I would happily reconsider my stance on his videos. Don't want to turn this thread into a project veritas thread.
Show Love Spread Love
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 5,462
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1719 » by jmr07019 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 pm

La Flame wrote:I don't care at all about blue or red, since I'm not American and imo it doesn't even matter since the regular people get screwed either way, whilst politicians get richer. Seems more like a distraction to me.
But if you watch the 2 videos, the CNN director exposes himself hard on undercover camera, the proof is undeniable here. This is just a look inside on how the mainstream media operates and how easily they can influence the public opinion and push an agenda. This is truly disgusting. If you pay attention to it, you can see how much hate/divide the media actually propagates.
This whole virus has turned into a huge politics/economics game.

Just to be clear I'm talking about the whole media in general, not just CNN


100% agree. Both sides are just as bad. Is the media this bad in your country? And if you don't mind me asking what country would that be?
Show Love Spread Love
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,818
And1: 5,681
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1720 » by Bad-Thoma » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:46 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:Charlie Chester - Technical Director at CNN:





Of course this doesn't mean covid is a hoax. Get your shot wear a mask blah blah blah. But understand that CNN has zero integrity and will manipulate the truth to scare you and make more money for themselves. The worst part of this video is that it is completely unsurprising and that CNN stans will ignore it.


Your really posting project veritas videos? How may **** times does that dude have to get debunked before people that want to believe his bull **** finally move on? You know it really wouldn't surprise me at all that any 24 hour news channel uses anything to generate ratings, they all do and it's why I don't bother with any of them but James O'Keefe is an absolute deceptive p.o.s. and by posting one of his videos as evidence in any argument you immediately discredit yourself and whatever you are arguing about. Honestly, I'm not sure what that is at this point, covid's not a hoax but we still don't need to take it all that seriously? Or are you trying to say all liberals watch CNN, CNN is bull ****, therefore all liberals are bull ****?

The bolded part is just plain ridiculous. You're taking something from a known peddler of propaganda and disinformation and because it backs up what you feel somehow using that to insult people who don't agree with how you feel. I say that as a liberal who thinks CNN is hyped trash reporting and wouldn't waste a second of my day watching it, no sooner or later than I would waste a second watching Fox attempt to scare me about minorites, immigrants, and raising taxes on the wealthy. They both play on their bases fears to keep them watching and the 24 hour news cycle goes on. Using O'Keefe, who is way more dishonest and biased than any cable news channel, to make a point about the ethics of a cable news channel who's political bias you disagree with is just ironic.


Man you really get bent out of shape whenever I post. You can always list me as a foe if my posts anger you that much. You won't see my posts that way. Anyways...

You didn't actually acknowledge or debate anything in the video. You just attacked me and O'Keefe. Try and keep it on topic.

How is the bolded part so ridiculous? You just stated that CNN is hyped trash. I agree. I post this because in my opinion (which is admittedly based on anecdotal evidence) the majority of people do not view CNN as hyped trash but rather as a trusted source. A quick google search tells me CNN is the second most watched news network in America. This isn't some small magazine or blog read by 100,000 people. I would bet the majority of CNN viewers haven't seen this video and they should watch it.

Don't put words in my mouth. It's annoying that I had to stipulate in my original post that I don't think covid was a hoax, that people should continue doing common sense things, etc. I knew I had to or you or someone else would try and put those words in my mouth. Didn't realize I also had stipulate that I don't hate all liberals and that I don't think all liberals are bull ****.

My general point is that the news shouldn't be trusted and people should think for themselves. Do I think many people are too afraid of Covid? Yes. Has the news has lied to us to increase fear and profits? Yes. Am I afraid to eat in a restaurant? No. Am I afraid to go to a drive in concert? Nope. Am I afraid to see friends I haven't seen in a few months and share a joint with them? Nope. But despite all that and despite you trying to paint my as some conservative lunatic I'm actually pretty middle of the road on this. People need to get the vaccine and conservatives are dumb for resisting it. It's too early to be lifting mask mandates. I think Trump is an ass for not pushing masks more and it costs a lot of american lives. **** him for that. Is Fox any better than CNN? Nope I won't watch them either.

PM me something showing O'Keefe being dishonest and full of crap and I would happily reconsider my stance on his videos. Don't want to turn this thread into a project veritas thread.


1st the olive branch: I admittedly jumped down your throat a bit. Sorry for that. Your posts generally don't get me bent out of shape and I don't feel the need to list you, if I did you would be already, I had one person on my foe list before covid and it has grown a lot since and none of the people added were added for "basketball reasons".

2nd: You're being a little disingenuous here by acting like you were painting anything other than CNN in a bad light in your original post and that it was some broad stroke on the media in general, which we do agree on. You mentioned nothing about any other channel and specifically used the term "CNN Stans", a derogatory term for the viewers of a liberally biased news channel. Most of what you are using to walk it back I agree fully with but combined with the tone of "Get your shot wear a mask blah blah blah." maybe you can understand why I was taking you a certain way. It is a highly politicized subject unfortunately which frustrates the hell out of me and is why I was a bit dickish in my response.

3rd: I'm not going to bother with the James O'Keefe thing. You have google, if you are actually interested his history is really easy to find.

4th: I have no doubt you and I could fearlessly share a joint and some beers and talk about these things and find we'd agree on most of them, and I mean that sincerely. One the failings of social media is often the lack of a faster back and forth for clarification.

Return to Boston Celtics