ImageImageImage

OT: I just watched Aaron Hernandez's documentary

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

OT: I just watched Aaron Hernandez's documentary 

Post#1 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Hey guys,

I hope all of you are staying safe and my post reaches you well!

I just watched Aaron's documentary on Netflix.

It's weird how life is, the guy is talented, but I also think he had severe CTE by his mid 20's, his behavior corresponds perfectly with the diagnosis. He's also bi-sexual which was torturing him his whole life. As I sat there and watched the documentary, it seemed as if they were trying to spin it on his sexual orientation, but I do believe it was the CTE combined with his dad's death(add to that the fact he didn't wanna admit he was attracted to men). He was never close to his mom. His cousin was his defacto mom. She denied to testify against him and got a sentence, she was having breast cancer treatment at the time. Add to that the fact his mom was dating his Tanya's(his cousin) husband.. And then Aaron started meeting bad people by virtually living at his cousin's house.

I guess Aaron thought he'd get his family straight for life by committing suicide, which is a rule in MA, I guess. It was overturned, tho.

Btw, him and Gronk were easily, even after 2 years and were going to be, the best TE duo ever. I remember watching them the first year and I had watched football for a year and I thought that what I'm witnessing is special.

And at the end I thought about what a dime his wifey was/is. Regardless of what he did, she stuck by him and was always by his side.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Re: OT: I just watched Aaron Hernandez's documentary 

Post#2 » by captain green » Fri May 1, 2020 12:38 am

Piss on this dude. Where I get the factors on possible causes, most people face harsher **** without having millions of dollars. I'll never understand ball players getting dui's when they can afford a driver or beating there women. Just a bad confused egg that was thrown multiple life supports and wasted it. I can't find empathy for people like this.
I don't care if he was gay bi or whatever and do think that **** should get resolved so that it can just be even. I'm tired of the gay bashers, and non equality ****.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#3 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri May 1, 2020 8:29 am

captain green wrote:Piss on this dude. Where I get the factors on possible causes, most people face harsher **** without having millions of dollars. I'll never understand ball players getting dui's when they can afford a driver or beating there women. Just a bad confused egg that was thrown multiple life supports and wasted it. I can't find empathy for people like this.
I don't care if he was gay bi or whatever and do think that **** should get resolved so that it can just be even. I'm tired of the gay bashers, and non equality ****.

I do understand you, but I also believe people are different and everybody can't react the same to certain situations in life. Tbh, I think when you're a teenager and a bunch of **** happens to you, it is possible that you go a bad rout to go along with his health issues..
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#4 » by Slax » Fri May 1, 2020 3:14 pm

captain green wrote:Piss on this dude. Where I get the factors on possible causes, most people face harsher **** without having millions of dollars. I'll never understand ball players getting dui's when they can afford a driver or beating there women. Just a bad confused egg that was thrown multiple life supports and wasted it. I can't find empathy for people like this.

Obviously Hernandez was a bad person - he was a murderer who chose to kill and understood what he was doing and that it was wrong. But if some combination of childhood family turmoil, CTE, recent personal tragedy caused by losing one family member and seeing another going through dangerous health issues, and dysphoria of repressing his sexual orientation in response to homophobic social norms all contributed to whatever horrific sickness of mind that culminated him killing someone and then himself, I think it's both interesting and useful to understand those factors, fwiw.
Shuttlesworth99
Junior
And1: 771

Post#5 » by Shuttlesworth99 » Sun May 3, 2020 11:17 am

I’d suggest following up with watching League of Denial (full doco available on YouTube).

I watched the Hernandez doco a few months ago. Obviously you feel horrible for the victims, 100%. But I couldn’t walk away hating Hernandez. There is times when in his eyes he looks like a happy, innocent young kid, other times they look quite evil. But I’m really on the CTE is a major culprit point of view.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#6 » by 24istheLAW » Sun May 3, 2020 10:04 pm

Totally agree. I don't care why he was a horrendous human being, he was. The world is full of downtrodden, abused people, who suffer so much, yet find it in their heart to be decent human beings (much less merely not be murderers). I couldn't possibly have less empathy for the guy.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#7 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon May 4, 2020 5:16 am

FYSA: He probably shot at least six people in the head by the time he was 24.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#8 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon May 4, 2020 5:27 am

Always tough to know how to balance compassion and judgment..

Return to Boston Celtics