ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,235

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#361 » by djFan71 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:54 pm

Smart, Poirier, Semi, 25 for Derrick White, Gay, #12.

I'm not even gonna duck from this one, just kinda throwing it out there. Beyond the initial shock, I can kinda like it. Then kinda hate it since I love Marcus. Depends on how much you like the draft and if you think Rudy can give us a solid 20 mpg off the bench. You could tweak the margins - Kanter instead of Poirier, 30 instead of / in addition to 25. Edwards somewhere, etc.
If the Spurs make the playoffs and fall to 17, I think that kills this.

I'm actually wondering what Spurs fans would think. Pop would love Smart & Semi, but I think they love White too.

White gives us a little more offense/penetration off the bench, obviously a little less defensive versatility - but maybe not as much as you'd expect. Gay brings a vet swing off the bench. #12 gets you a shot at a better rook PG/wing. Or possible trade up with #14 (go Blazers) to high lotto.

Kemba/Jaylen/Tatum/Hayward/Theis
White/Romeo/Gay/Grant/Kanter
#12/#14/Timelord

Fill out the rest with Edwards/Tacko/Waters/picks/vet mins.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#362 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:57 pm

djFan71 wrote:Smart, Poirier, Semi, 25 for Derrick White, Gay, #12.

I'm not even gonna duck from this one, just kinda throwing it out there. Beyond the initial shock, I can kinda like it. Then kinda hate it since I love Marcus. Depends on how much you like the draft and if you think Rudy can give us a solid 20 mpg off the bench. You could tweak the margins - Kanter instead of Poirier, 30 instead of / in addition to 25. Edwards somewhere, etc.

I'm actually wondering what Spurs fans would think. Pop would love Smart & Semi, but I think they love White too.

White gives us a little more offense/penetration off the bench, obviously a little less defensive versatility - but maybe not as much as you'd expect. Gay brings a vet swing off the bench. #12 gets you a shot at a better rook PG/wing. Or possible trade up with #14 (go Blazers) to high lotto.

#12/#14/Timelord

The trade Is fair value wise I think, that said...

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#363 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Aug 5, 2020 7:27 pm

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:After watching Philly play and seeing Simmons checked out, I think he’s seriously pissed about being labeled PF and think he may ask out this summer.

Jaylen and Smart for Simmons. /ducks

I never want to see Marcus Smart wearing anything other than a Celtics uniform.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#364 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Aug 5, 2020 7:39 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:After watching Philly play and seeing Simmons checked out, I think he’s seriously pissed about being labeled PF and think he may ask out this summer.

I could never trade Marcus, just like I could never cheat on my gf. But on occasions, my head entertains the idea before goodness prevails.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#365 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Aug 5, 2020 7:46 pm

The Comedian wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

I could never trade Marcus, just like I could never cheat on my gf. But on occasions, my head entertains the idea before goodness prevails.

I cheated on one of my old girlfriends. Sex was great (well, partly because it was dangerous. Girl I was cheating with happened to be my buddy's older sister. I would stay at his place, waited till he fell asleep, and then creep upstairs to his sister's room and go at it. I hope he doesn't read RealGM). However, the stress of juggling 2 women wasn't worth it, just like it would never be worth it to trade Marcus Smart.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#366 » by djFan71 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:21 pm

The Comedian wrote:

#12/#14/Timelord

I assume you're not a fan of this one either?

Poirier, Edwards & The Comedian's grandmother for Raul Neto & Philly's top 55 protected 2022 2nd rounder.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#367 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Aug 5, 2020 8:24 pm

djFan71 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

#12/#14/Timelord

I assume you're not a fan of this one either?

Poirier, Edwards & The Comedian's grandmother for Raul Neto & Philly's top 55 protected 2022 2nd rounder.

I’d prefer that, grandma is in no position to be this teams defensive backbone.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#368 » by captain green » Wed Aug 5, 2020 10:28 pm

#12/#14/Timelord

If we're trading smart it better be clear value over smart. This isn't white over rated ( could draft this type player with 17h or later, Gay is older and the 12th pick from 25th pick isn't enough to get the legit vocal leader of our team? Nah
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#369 » by djFan71 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 10:40 pm

captain green wrote:

#12/#14/Timelord

If we're trading smart it better be clear value over smart. This isn't white over rated ( could draft this type player with 17h or later, Gay is older and the 12th pick from 25th pick isn't enough to get the legit vocal leader of our team? Nah

Yeah, that's the big point. It fills out the bench a little but doesn't improve our elite talent. I think the trade could make us better, but it's dependent on hitting the pick in a flat draft. Probably not enough to justify it.
Realg2020
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#370 » by Realg2020 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 10:50 pm

captain green wrote:

#12/#14/Timelord

Gay can provide a solid 15 ppg scoring of the bench as a backup wing, but he can’t defend a lick and overall Cs would be a far worse defensive squat if you have him and Kemba on the 2 rotations carrying a heavy load each. Too many defensive weak links. Keep Smart and just try to sign a stretch 5 who can play D and protect the rim that isn’t too old (around 30-31) which of course will cost 20 mill at least per. If Hayward was to ever opt out this summer (no chance probably and especially in this financial climate), that would be amazing. You throw 4-5 year $$ at 30 year old Ibaka who can stretch the floor big and is extremely athletic for a 5. Smart is extremely valuable glue guy if Cs had stretch rim protector. Some of the young drafted on the bench will hopefully get better next year. A vet here and there on their last leg trying to win a chip isn’t hard to find. Cs could of had Melo if they wanted.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#371 » by djFan71 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:32 pm

How much does MIN want to try to make the playoffs? And how much do you like this draft?

Smart, 14, Edwards, Poirier for #3, James Johnson

Smart would be exactly what that team needs. We get a 3rd # 3. Last two have worked out well.

BTW, I'm not trying to trade Smart. More just that he's our only reasonable salary to make deals with that haven't already been explored to death.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#372 » by djFan71 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:16 pm

Who says no?

GSW: Wiggins, #1, future 2nd for A Gordon, Smart
ORL: A Gordon, Aminu for Wiggins, #14, GSW 2nd.
BOS: Smart, #14 for Aminu, #1

OK, I'll probably stop now. Probably.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,142

Post#373 » by Darthlukey » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:48 pm

djFan71 wrote:Who says no?

In that deal, who do you take with #1, let's say its 1st overall?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#374 » by djFan71 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:25 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Who says no?

In that deal, who do you take with #1, let's say its 1st overall?

I'd probably say one of the 3 PGs (Hayes, Ball, Haliburton), seems high to take Wiseman. But I'm not a draft expert.

You're gambling they are able to breakdown guys off the dribble and score at a much higher rate than Smart. Besides Kemba, none of our guys can really do that. So, they'd have to become elite at that to offset losing Smart on the defensive side. He's solid running things and shooting now on O, but not a guy that can break a defense down.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,313

Post#375 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:41 pm

How would you guys feel about Jaylen to Dallas for Porzingis 9w/ Kanter). Would balance our roster so we can play our top 5 guys together...

Kemba / Edwards / Waters
Smart / Langford
Hayward / Semi
Tatum / G Williams
Porzingis / Theis / R Williams / Poirier / Fall

And then we'd have the 3 first rounders to wheel and deal with. Obviously would hurt to lose Jaylen but Porzingis is a terrific young budding star himself and he fills a big positional need as a shooting 5 that also defends the rim.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#376 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Aug 7, 2020 12:02 am

It's highly unlikely that Dallas would trade Porzingis for Brown. Plus if you play Porzingis at center he will get hurt almost immediately. Too skinny.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#377 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 12:53 am

hugepatsfan wrote:How would you guys feel about Jaylen to Dallas for Porzingis 9w/ Kanter). Would balance our roster so we can play our top 5 guys together...

Kemba / Edwards / Waters
Smart / Langford
Hayward / Semi
Tatum / G Williams
Porzingis / Theis / R Williams / Poirier / Fall

And then we'd have the 3 first rounders to wheel and deal with. Obviously would hurt to lose Jaylen but Porzingis is a terrific young budding star himself and he fills a big positional need as a shooting 5 that also defends the rim.

Dallas laughs at u and hangs up
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#378 » by Ernest » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:34 pm

My question is when can we get back in the ring chasers game like we were in 08-2011 or so? The team looks pretty good right now and there is no one I want to trade. Easy places to improve would be a better back up point than Wannamaker and another Center. With Waters Fall Williams and Edwards we might have the help we need already, but they might not be quite ready next year. So a vet pg and Center for 1 year would make a lot of sense to me.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#379 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:47 pm

Ernest wrote:My question is when can we get back in the ring chasers game like we were in 08-2011 or so? The team looks pretty good right now and there is no one I want to trade. Easy places to improve would be a better back up point than Wannamaker and another Center. With Waters Fall Williams and Edwards we might have the help we need already, but they might not be quite ready next year. So a vet pg and Center for 1 year would make a lot of sense to me.

This summer (or should I say fall?)should be interesting because I want to see if teams are willing to shell out money for free agents, given that next season probably won't be played in front of fans. Perhaps teams will cheap out and we can snag someone with the MLE. My dream is being able to get one of Ibaka or Gasol for cheap. However, I suppose that if that is the market value for the former, he's probably going to team up with his buddy, KD.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#380 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 4:58 pm

Ernest wrote:My question is when can we get back in the ring chasers game like we were in 08-2011 or so? The team looks pretty good right now and there is no one I want to trade. Easy places to improve would be a better back up point than Wannamaker and another Center. With Waters Fall Williams and Edwards we might have the help we need already, but they might not be quite ready next year. So a vet pg and Center for 1 year would make a lot of sense to me.

When we have team that can win a ring...when we are a veterans best chance to win it all. Few years from that. Clips, lakers, bucks all will get them over us

Return to Boston Celtics