ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,174
And1: 8,781
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#941 » by djFan71 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 pm

For #3 above, be ready to be underwhelmed....

S&T to IND might make most sense if either Gordon/BOS want to move on. Depending on how many years IND wants to go, start in the $21-$26M range depending on what kinda discount he gives for going home. By doing it as a S&T you lower the salary out and thus back in. IND likes it better, they don't care about the apron anyways since they want to save $. You can do something like:

Hayward/Edwards/Poirier for Lamb/A Holiday/McDermott/'21 2nd.

Whether you include Edwards and/or Poirier depends on how much Gordon starts at.

As I said, that's an underwhelming return, but you get 3 useful players. You keep all your picks and duck the tax and have tradeable salaries come the deadline. Retool around JB/JT and picks instead of dragging Hayward along or settling for guys like Barnes/A Gordon/etc.

EDIT: Remember, this is option 3. Not 1. Or 2. You know, 3.

EDIT: 4yr/$94.6M starts at $21M which is a huge discount next year, but still adds $60M to Haywards overall deal. Which getting guaranteed now and going back to IND might be attractive to him.
Ernest
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 427
Joined: Jun 16, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#942 » by Ernest » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 am

How about getting Rondo back? Would you rather have Wannamaker or Rondo right now? I bet he might be willing to come back if he could be groomed to coach here (not take Brads job but be an assistant after he retires.)
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,174
And1: 8,781
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#943 » by djFan71 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:22 am

Ernest wrote:How about getting Rondo back? Would you rather have Wannamaker or Rondo right now? I bet he might be willing to come back if he could be groomed to coach here (not take Brads job but be an assistant after he retires.)

I'd take Rondo back for sure at vet min if we can clear a roster spot.
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#944 » by 100proof » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:07 pm

The Dallas and Celtics deal with another twist.

Hayward and 30 to Dallas
Kanter, Romeo, Poirier, Edwards, #18 and #26 to Memphis
JonasV, THJ, Wright and Allen to Boston

Kemba/Wright
Smart/Allen
Brown/THJ
Tatum/GrantW
JonasV/Theis/
Ernest
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 427
Joined: Jun 16, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#945 » by Ernest » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Ernest wrote:How about getting Rondo back? Would you rather have Wannamaker or Rondo right now? I bet he might be willing to come back if he could be groomed to coach here (not take Brads job but be an assistant after he retires.)

I'd take Rondo back for sure at vet min if we can clear a roster spot.


I wonder if Rondo would have interest or not. He has a player option for next year for $2,619,605 that's vet min right? So it'd wouldn't be a money issue it would be about where he wants to go.
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#946 » by 100proof » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:03 pm

LAst one for today, I should be working but fantasy deals are more fun.

Dallas < Hayward, Edwards, #30
> Wright, THJ, MKG, #18, #31

Indiana < Aaron Gordon, Romeo Langford, Timelord, #18
> Turner, A Holliday

Orlando < THJ, Wright, #26, Boston second #47
> Gordon, Terrence Ross

Boston < Turner, Holiday, Ross, MKG, #31
> Hayward, Edwards, Romeo, Timelord, #26, #30, #47

Move sheds 8.6 million getting under the tax. Have pick 14 and 31 and min contract to round out 3 win positions.
14- Hampton
31- Ramsay, McDaniels, Woodard

Kemba/Holiday/Hampton
Smart/Ross/Ramsay
Brown/MKG/Vet Min
Tatum/Theis/GrantW
Turner/Kanter/Poirier
playa-hater
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 133
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#947 » by playa-hater » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:05 am

100proof wrote:LAst one for today, I should be working but fantasy deals are more fun.

Dallas < Hayward, Edwards, #30
> Wright, THJ, MKG, #18, #31

Indiana < Aaron Gordon, Romeo Langford, Timelord, #18
> Turner, A Holliday

Orlando < THJ, Wright, #26, Boston second #47
> Gordon, Terrence Ross

Boston < Turner, Holiday, Ross, MKG, #31
> Hayward, Edwards, Romeo, Timelord, #26, #30, #47

Move sheds 8.6 million getting under the tax. Have pick 14 and 31 and min contract to round out 3 win positions.
14- Hampton
31- Ramsay, McDaniels, Woodard

Kemba/Holiday/Hampton
Smart/Ross/Ramsay
Brown/MKG/Vet Min
Tatum/Theis/GrantW
Turner/Kanter/Poirier


don't know if other teams would do this, but I would for Boston.. would want someone else at 14 though..
snowman
Pro Prospect
Posts: 956
And1: 612
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#948 » by snowman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Guys I love making up trade ideas (albeit stupid ones it seems) as much as the next guy. But this team is going to the ECF (HELL YEAH) and has a really good chance to make it to the finals. Danny loves this team, and the team chemistry is great, unlike last year with (that name that shall not be spoken). With us making the ECF ( HELL YEAH, sorry couldn't help it, it just sounds so good) Danny and esp. Wyc (and his money) are probably going to be all in on what it takes to keep this run going, and have as little change over as possible. So, my two cents:

1) Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Langford, G. Will. R. Will, and Kanter, (he'll pick up his option) will all be back, for sure.
2) I don't see anything that will keep Hayward off the team next year short of a blowup within the team or with one of the coaches.
Don't see that happening. He will either pick up his option or sign a longer contract with us.
3) I REALLY don't see a 3, 4, or 5 player trade going out, let alone something including picks. I think Danny may try to tweak our
11-17 some to make room for draft picks. He may trade a pick for the future, but it doesn't sound as many teams would be
willing to give up a pick in a better draft for a pick in this draft. I hope he doesn't try to draft and stash again, because that
worked so well the last time he tried that.
4) J. Green is gone most definitely. (That's 1 pick's spot)
5) Wannmaker may be offered more from some team than what we are willing to pay. Doubt it, but I think Danny and Brad like
him. I think we need an upgrade, but he did have that one playoff game that was REALLY good.
6) Semi should be released or moved. He is redundant with G. Will tasking his minutes. (that's a 2nd picks spot)
7) Poirier needs to be waived and stretched. (That's a 3rd picks spot)
8) Edwards will have a short leash and if he can't start hitting shots during against another team but the Piston's, he is gone with
Waters waiting to take his spot.
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#949 » by 100proof » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Smart has proven worthy of being the starting sg moving forward. Theis is good,but imo not a starter, so I think offseason jeeds are to address that and what to do with Hayward.

Hayward off the bench is ok, but overpaid . So i think the most reasonable thing to do is to try and turn him into reliable bench scoring and a better version of theis.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,876
And1: 14,530
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Big 3 will crush the east!
     

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#950 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Not sure we will make ecf and trade away 60% of the team. I feel we could trade a three for one for rotational player and roster spots for picks. We could even do a blockbuster for a top ten player shaking loose, but not all these four trade scenario. Go back to nba2k with this stuff

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#951 » by 100proof » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Not sure we will make ecf and trade away 60% of the team. I feel we could trade a three for one for rotational player and roster spots for picks. We could even do a blockbuster for a top ten player shaking loose, but not all these four trade scenario. Go back to nba2k with this stuff

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app


U are right. Think Hayward is shopped cause we are making the exf, multiple times, without him
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,174
And1: 8,781
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#952 » by djFan71 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:02 pm

snowman wrote:Guys I love making up trade ideas (albeit stupid ones it seems) as much as the next guy. But this team is going to the ECF (HELL YEAH) and has a really good chance to make it to the finals. Danny loves this team, and the team chemistry is great, unlike last year with (that name that shall not be spoken). With us making the ECF ( HELL YEAH, sorry couldn't help it, it just sounds so good) Danny and esp. Wyc (and his money) are probably going to be all in on what it takes to keep this run going, and have as little change over as possible. So, my two cents:

1) Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Langford, G. Will. R. Will, and Kanter, (he'll pick up his option) will all be back, for sure.
2) I don't see anything that will keep Hayward off the team next year short of a blowup within the team or with one of the coaches.
Don't see that happening. He will either pick up his option or sign a longer contract with us.
3) I REALLY don't see a 3, 4, or 5 player trade going out, let alone something including picks. I think Danny may try to tweak our
11-17 some to make room for draft picks. He may trade a pick for the future, but it doesn't sound as many teams would be
willing to give up a pick in a better draft for a pick in this draft. I hope he doesn't try to draft and stash again, because that
worked so well the last time he tried that.
4) J. Green is gone most definitely. (That's 1 pick's spot)
5) Wannmaker may be offered more from some team than what we are willing to pay. Doubt it, but I think Danny and Brad like
him. I think we need an upgrade, but he did have that one playoff game that was REALLY good.
6) Semi should be released or moved. He is redundant with G. Will tasking his minutes. (that's a 2nd picks spot)
7) Poirier needs to be waived and stretched. (That's a 3rd picks spot)
8) Edwards will have a short leash and if he can't start hitting shots during against another team but the Piston's, he is gone with
Waters waiting to take his spot.

Your first sentence is really why we're here. Agree with the rest, though, and have stated that multiple times as I'm ignoring it and coming up with crazy deals. :)

Super, highly likely we end up just doing the tweak the end of the roster thing. If that. Really, the zero case is let all the non-guaranteed contracts go, and you already have 3 spots open for the 1st rounders.

It comes down to how much do you want to commit to Hayward impacting the rest. If he just opts in without extension, you're severely limited. If he does a 3 yr resign you can do some things but are in the tax still unless you waste assets. If he does a 4 yr, you can basically give him Jaylen's deal and duck the tax with minor moves to postpone the repeater an extra year.

But, you're contending NOW. So, I'm leaning towards the 3yr/$80M route. Frees up enough money to sign another tax-payer MLE guy without being too high on the tax ladder. Maybe consolidate 26/30 to move up slightly. Or 30 for 2 future 2nds. Draft 2 1sts. Then use Wana/Semi/Waters/Semi on the last spot depending on who you draft.

If you get just one more really solid, consistent, regular rotation guy out of any of those moves or just growth of Romeo/Grant/Timelord, we're in really, really good shape.
playa-hater
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 133
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#953 » by playa-hater » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

snowman wrote:Guys I love making up trade ideas (albeit stupid ones it seems) as much as the next guy. But this team is going to the ECF (HELL YEAH) and has a really good chance to make it to the finals. Danny loves this team, and the team chemistry is great, unlike last year with (that name that shall not be spoken). With us making the ECF ( HELL YEAH, sorry couldn't help it, it just sounds so good) Danny and esp. Wyc (and his money) are probably going to be all in on what it takes to keep this run going, and have as little change over as possible. So, my two cents:

1) Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Langford, G. Will. R. Will, and Kanter, (he'll pick up his option) will all be back, for sure.
2) I don't see anything that will keep Hayward off the team next year short of a blowup within the team or with one of the coaches.
Don't see that happening. He will either pick up his option or sign a longer contract with us.
3) I REALLY don't see a 3, 4, or 5 player trade going out, let alone something including picks. I think Danny may try to tweak our
11-17 some to make room for draft picks. He may trade a pick for the future, but it doesn't sound as many teams would be
willing to give up a pick in a better draft for a pick in this draft. I hope he doesn't try to draft and stash again, because that
worked so well the last time he tried that.
4) J. Green is gone most definitely. (That's 1 pick's spot)
5) Wannmaker may be offered more from some team than what we are willing to pay. Doubt it, but I think Danny and Brad like
him. I think we need an upgrade, but he did have that one playoff game that was REALLY good.
6) Semi should be released or moved. He is redundant with G. Will tasking his minutes. (that's a 2nd picks spot)
7) Poirier needs to be waived and stretched. (That's a 3rd picks spot)
8) Edwards will have a short leash and if he can't start hitting shots during against another team but the Piston's, he is gone with
Waters waiting to take his spot.


100% agree
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#954 » by 100proof » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Giannis demands out:
Giannis and bledsoe to boston.

Hayward, kanter, romeo, Timelord, edwards, #14, #30, 2020second, 2021 first, 2022 second

Bucks shed huge longterm salary,(maybe flip hayward for more picks) add 3 young propects, 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

Far off?
Ernest
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 427
Joined: Jun 16, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#955 » by Ernest » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 am

100proof wrote:Giannis demands out:
Giannis and bledsoe to boston.

Hayward, kanter, romeo, Timelord, edwards, #14, #30, 2020second, 2021 first, 2022 second

Bucks shed huge longterm salary,(maybe flip hayward for more picks) add 3 young propects, 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

Far off?


Probably. It would depend on what Mil wants to do in a Giannis demands out scenario. Try to keep winning (or at least butts in seats) or try to rebuild as fast as possible. If they want to stay a playoff team, I'd imagine someone would offer a better deal. If they want to rebuild, it's not a bad deal but it has no top picks. They would have to hope we become like the nets after the KG PP trade and fall off a cliff in 1 year. I think any team with a top 5 pick this year or assumed next year would have a better offer.
Darthlukey
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,506
And1: 798
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
         

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#956 » by Darthlukey » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:25 am

Ernest wrote:
100proof wrote:Giannis demands out:
Giannis and bledsoe to boston.

Hayward, kanter, romeo, Timelord, edwards, #14, #30, 2020second, 2021 first, 2022 second

Bucks shed huge longterm salary,(maybe flip hayward for more picks) add 3 young propects, 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

Far off?


Probably. It would depend on what Mil wants to do in a Giannis demands out scenario. Try to keep winning (or at least butts in seats) or try to rebuild as fast as possible. If they want to stay a playoff team, I'd imagine someone would offer a better deal. If they want to rebuild, it's not a bad deal but it has no top picks. They would have to hope we become like the nets after the KG PP trade and fall off a cliff in 1 year. I think any team with a top 5 pick this year or assumed next year would have a better offer.

If they want to stay competitive, I have seen deals built around Bam that are pretty darn good fron miami. Since our pick stash is depleted and Jaylen is very much looking like a long term keeper, we don't have much to offer
snowman
Pro Prospect
Posts: 956
And1: 612
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#957 » by snowman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Does Semi have a future with this team. I forget that he was drafted the same year as Tatum. He is what he is at this point. I really don't expect him to get any better. G. Will does everything Semi can do now, and is just a rookie. Who did Brad have finishing game 7 ? It wasn't Semi. Don't pick up his option, or pick it up and trad him. He can be upgraded by a draft pick.
playa-hater
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 133
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#958 » by playa-hater » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm

snowman wrote:Does Semi have a future with this team. I forget that he was drafted the same year as Tatum. He is what he is at this point. I really don't expect him to get any better. G. Will does everything Semi can do now, and is just a rookie. Who did Brad have finishing game 7 ? It wasn't Semi. Don't pick up his option, or pick it up and trad him. He can be upgraded by a draft pick.


the answer to tis question is the same as how much has he improved since drafted?

answer is NOT Much..

we need a better 3-D player period.
snowman
Pro Prospect
Posts: 956
And1: 612
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#959 » by snowman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 pm

playa-hater wrote:
snowman wrote:Does Semi have a future with this team. I forget that he was drafted the same year as Tatum. He is what he is at this point. I really don't expect him to get any better. G. Will does everything Semi can do now, and is just a rookie. Who did Brad have finishing game 7 ? It wasn't Semi. Don't pick up his option, or pick it up and trad him. He can be upgraded by a draft pick.


the answer to tis question is the same as how much has he improved since drafted?

answer is NOT Much..

we need a better 3-D player period.


We have one in Grant and can use his roster spot on a wing like Saddiq Bey.
100proof
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,609
And1: 860
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#960 » by 100proof » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:50 pm

Offseason.

Robert williams, carson edwards, #26 to brooklyn for jarrett Allen.
Brooklyn doesnt want to up his contract in a year (assumption) so a cheap shot blocker to grrom behind deandre and a pick are the consolation.

Hayward to Atlanta for 6 and huerter
Atlanta nabs a free agent and preserves max capspace for 2021. Improves immediately.

Kanter and #26 to sAS for johnson

Jarret Allen for a sign and traded mudiay, and the tpe and #6 from the hayward trade for gobert.

Kemba/mudiay/waters
Smart/romeo
Brown/johnson/semi
Tatum/gwilliams
Gobert/theis/poirier

Return to Boston Celtics