ImageImageImage

Bring the Light

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Bring the Light 

Post#1 » by truth18 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:06 am

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. You're NOT gonna die.

Just wanted to share some positive things I've been doing in Philadelphia. Cs up Cs down. All the light and positive energy from the Bedlam of brotherly love.

We all wear a green badge in these times that keeps us connected to the parquet of our sorrow. Lebron didn't mean it, but I got you. And when you see a homie fall, pick them up. The championship this time is all of us changing our world for the better. And you can be a part of that team even in small ways like that.

I love most of you and remember: there is always a light. There is always a way. Anything is possible, because Havlicek stole the ball, because Bird played while he felt like he was dying physically still won against elite teams, because the Patriots came back in Atlanta against the cosmos itself.

We win in Boston. Pick your homie up. Stay strong. That victory cigar is going to all of us when we make it through this, and there will be no vote.

Cya courtside in two years and in the parquet aether of our team's mind's eye of Gardenia. And if all else fails, remember:

Geno got us from above. 100 points of love coming quick.

Read the article at the bottom. We are now expanding into a full non profit that can help in many ways. Love helping people and very excited to do what I can.

**** the Lakers.

-T

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/philadelphia-homeless-portable-sink-jaboukie-white-helen-ubinas-corona-covid-20200501.html
YOU LOSE
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Re: Bring the Light 

Post#2 » by djFan71 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:55 am

Great stuff truth. Sorry to hear about your friend.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Post#3 » by K For Three » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:57 am

Hey truth, glad to hear you are doing okay and are helping people.

Spoiler:

Lets all hope for better days ahead someday as a country. (and more championships in the future here for Boston wouldn't hurt :wink: )

Of course you know we will come back stronger.

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#4 » by truth18 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:38 am

djFan71 wrote:Great stuff truth. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Her name was Janice. She was an incredible doctor who saved countless lives in her life in many different ways, but mostly directly at the ER.

She did not fear death. She killed death many times.

So when I feel at my lowest in the new world, I think of her not being able to talk on the phone to say goodbye. Not having the strength for last words. Trapped in a toxic New York hospital cell without family or loved ones.

Because I know she would be laughing through it. Telling me that people just die sometimes even when we do everything we can to stop it. She'd tell me to smile.

My mother is on the front lines too in Boston. Right in with the covid patients for months.

She would laugh too. Probably just having seen someone die alone.

So I smile in the face of the abstract, forever shifting gray spectre that is the fear of forced change, death and crippling global suffering.

And then I do everything I can for her and the dead.

My best friend in Egypt is having a kid soon. I do more than everything I can for her.

I never understood what Pogue really meant about a lot of stuff in life until this year. He was right about everything.

Live without fear and help one another. Take care of yourself and rest when necessary. None of this is over. New era.

If you fall, your brother will come pick you up.

Kemba For Three wrote:Hey truth, glad to hear you are doing okay and are helping people.

Spoiler:

Lets all hope for better days ahead someday as a country. (and more championships in the future here for Boston wouldn't hurt :wink: )

Yo seriously kf3? Giving me the highlight of my day this early on?

Spoiler:

Britney slaying them in Covid. On the charts and everywhere else.
Hope you're doing well too, all my best!
YOU LOSE
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#5 » by Turgon » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:50 am

Amazing work truth. And I'm very sorry for Janice. Wish you all the best!
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#6 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm

Im very sorry for your loss— thank you for doing your part to help others and make the world a better place. Life is crazy and times definitely are not good— the world could use more people like you.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#7 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Good **** truth. You're an awesome dude.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#8 » by 3D Chess » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:53 pm

**** lol at your Location update.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#9 » by djFan71 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:35 am

truth18 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Great stuff truth. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Her name was Janice. She was an incredible doctor who saved countless lives in her life in many different ways, but mostly directly at the ER.

She did not fear death. She killed death many times.

So when I feel at my lowest in the new world, I think of her not being able to talk on the phone to say goodbye. Not having the strength for last words. Trapped in a toxic New York hospital cell without family or loved ones.

Because I know she would be laughing through it. Telling me that people just die sometimes even when we do everything we can to stop it. She'd tell me to smile.

My mother is on the front lines too in Boston. Right in with the covid patients for months.

She would laugh too. Probably just having seen someone die alone.

So I smile in the face of the abstract, forever shifting gray spectre that is the fear of forced change, death and crippling global suffering.

And then I do everything I can for her and the dead.

My best friend in Egypt is having a kid soon. I do more than everything I can for her.

I never understood what Pogue really meant about a lot of stuff in life until this year. He was right about everything.

Live without fear and help one another. Take care of yourself and rest when necessary. None of this is over. New era.

If you fall, your brother will come pick you up.

Kemba For Three wrote:Hey truth, glad to hear you are doing okay and are helping people.

Spoiler:

Yo seriously kf3? Giving me the highlight of my day this early on?

Spoiler:

Britney slaying them in Covid. On the charts and everywhere else.
Hope you're doing well too, all my best!

Right on, man. They both sound like fighters and good people.

I missed most of the Pogue experience. We overlapped maybe a few months when I started. I vaguely remember liking his posts, seeing a crazy detailed custom player eval spreadsheet, then he was gone.

If your day peaks early with kittens and Britney, that's a good day. :)
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#10 » by canman1971 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:18 am

truth18 wrote:WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. You're NOT gonna die.

Just wanted to share some positive things I've been doing in Philadelphia. Cs up Cs down. All the light and positive energy from the Bedlam of brotherly love.

We all wear a green badge in these times that keeps us connected to the parquet of our sorrow. Lebron didn't mean it, but I got you. And when you see a homie fall, pick them up. The championship this time is all of us changing our world for the better. And you can be a part of that team even in small ways like that.

I love most of you and remember: there is always a light. There is always a way. Anything is possible, because Havlicek stole the ball, because Bird played while he felt like he was dying physically still won against elite teams, because the Patriots came back in Atlanta against the cosmos itself.

We win in Boston. Pick your homie up. Stay strong. That victory cigar is going to all of us when we make it through this, and there will be no vote.

Cya courtside in two years and in the parquet aether of our team's mind's eye of Gardenia. And if all else fails, remember:

Geno got us from above. 100 points of love coming quick.

Read the article at the bottom. We are now expanding into a full non profit that can help in many ways. Love helping people and very excited to do what I can.

**** the Lakers.

-T

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/philadelphia-homeless-portable-sink-jaboukie-white-helen-ubinas-corona-covid-20200501.html

The world needs more of you. I'm looking into doing something more than donating what I can. Like a raffle type of thing. So sorry about your loss. Your approach to all things is something that all should aspire to be.

Return to Boston Celtics