ImageImageImage

Time to sell high on Tatum?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Re: Time to sell high on Tatum? 

Post#21 » by 31to6 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:04 pm

djFan71 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Man, you got me. I saw the thread. Looked who the @$%* created it. Looked again. Said, no way, really?!?!? Clicked it. Slapped forehead. Cursed 31to6.

When I get to hell I'm expecting an extra level down for my performance on this board.
#Tatum'sABust;)

Spoiler:
Moving on now allows us to sacrifice very little from this years team, while also reloading for the future.

Is it time to sell low on 31to6?

Spoiler:
Moving on now allows us to sacrifice the very little he would add to this year's forum, while also saving us from his posts in the future.

Don’t forget my trade kicker, which would have me dropping 20 **** posts on this board if traded.

Spoiler:
Fire Danny fire Brad from Healthpoint
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Post#22 » by KrazyP » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:54 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
celtxman wrote:
Soulcatcher33 wrote:The only realistic player I could see trading Tatum for is Giannis. He's the type of player you have to go after if he's available, period.

We're talking about things that will never happen but Giannis definitely and Doncic probably. Doncic cant play defense like Tatum but neither could Larry Bird. Doncic is a much better passer and thus makes players around him better in addition to being unstoppable himself.

Larry was an incredible team defender and could guard 3 positions. Doncic is just about the worst defender at his position in the NBA. Doncic has shot 31% from three for his career. He's also among the leaders in turnovers. He hunts uncontested defensive rebounds and since he's so high usage he's bound to get assists. Its' stat padding and it makes people who don't know basketball think he's much better than he is. He's an incredible passer with great court vision. But I've yet to see him drive without first committing a carry. And he travels on almost every possession. Only in a league that has changed the rules could Doncic be a star. Tatum is a tier above Doncic as an all around player. No chance I trade Tatum for him.

The Mavs have the league's best offense by a wide margin with Doncic putting up 28.9 ppg on .583 TS%. 4.8 VORP at the age of 20. He's single handedly turned the Mavs franchise around and is better overall than Tatum by a considerable margin.

Its ok to acknowledge other players are better than your players.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#23 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:07 pm

KrazyP wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
celtxman wrote:We're talking about things that will never happen but Giannis definitely and Doncic probably. Doncic cant play defense like Tatum but neither could Larry Bird. Doncic is a much better passer and thus makes players around him better in addition to being unstoppable himself.

Larry was an incredible team defender and could guard 3 positions. Doncic is just about the worst defender at his position in the NBA. Doncic has shot 31% from three for his career. He's also among the leaders in turnovers. He hunts uncontested defensive rebounds and since he's so high usage he's bound to get assists. Its' stat padding and it makes people who don't know basketball think he's much better than he is. He's an incredible passer with great court vision. But I've yet to see him drive without first committing a carry. And he travels on almost every possession. Only in a league that has changed the rules could Doncic be a star. Tatum is a tier above Doncic as an all around player. No chance I trade Tatum for him.

The Mavs have the league's best offense by a wide margin with Doncic putting up 28.9 ppg on .583 TS%. 4.8 VORP at the age of 20. He's single handedly turned the Mavs franchise around and is better overall than Tatum by a considerable margin.

That poster is probably the most negative guy on this forum when it comes to this roster. Also, don’t really see why one feels this need to come to another teams board and make smug comments like your last sentence.

I agree that Doncic is better than Tatum, but since you’re using VORP for your argument, do you think Tatum is a considerable margin better than Siakam? Has a 3.1 to 2.2 VORP advantage despite being a much younger player.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Post#24 » by KrazyP » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:30 pm

The Comedian wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

That poster is probably the most negative guy on this forum when it comes to this roster. Also, don’t really see why one feels this need to come to another teams board and make smug comments like your last sentence.

I agree that Doncic is better than Tatum, but since you’re using VORP for your argument, do you think Tatum is a considerable margin better than Siakam? Has a 3.1 to 2.2 VORP advantage despite being a much younger player.

I can post anywhere I want. There are no realgm laws against posting on "other teams" forums that I am aware of. Blind homerism annoys me so I call it out when I can.

I think Tatum has been better than Siakam this season. Siakam was significantly better than him last season though. At this point overall they are probably both in the top 15ish area in terms of overall player rankings.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#25 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:57 pm

KrazyP wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

I can post anywhere I want. There are no realgm laws against posting on "other teams" forums that I am aware of. Blind homerism annoys me so I call it out when I can.

I think Tatum has been better than Siakam this season. Siakam was significantly better than him last season though. At this point overall they are probably both in the top 15ish area in terms of overall player rankings.

I never said there was an issue with you posting here, just that last sentence. No need to talk down, you got your point completely across with your first paragraph.

Return to Boston Celtics