ImageImageImage

Williams over Kanter situational?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Re: Williams over Kanter situational? 

Post#41 » by TheSheriff » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:01 am

Kanter is a matchup center. He played well against Jokic in December, iirc. If that matchup occurs (knock on wood) then Kanter will likely play more minutes.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#42 » by JHTruth » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

jfs1000d wrote:Kanter is a good offensive player and probably the best pound for pound offensive rebounder in the nba.

Kanter struggles defensively in PnR and is very slow defensively. He also is an average defensive rebounder .

In certain matchups, where you can hide his defensive weaknesses, he kills

Guy is a good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever notice how Kanter is a great O rebounder and meh on the D boards? It's because he only puts energy into the O boards because he can get points there. Guy is a total stat-padder and a strictly one-way player. Every coach he's ever had has soured on him and he rides the pine during the playoffs.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#43 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Kanter would have been 9th in the NBA in defensive rebounding pct if he qualified. Better than Dwight Howard. Is Dwight Howard a good defensive rebounder? He's definitely a one-way player, though.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#44 » by SMTBSI » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Yeah, I mean, he was by far the best defensive rebounder on the team this year, in terms of DRB%, with a rate that was comparable to other top rebounders.

There's a lot of areas to pick on him on, that doesn't seem like one of them.

Return to Boston Celtics