ImageImageImage

NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

The Corey's
Head Coach
Posts: 7,322
And1: 3,662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#401 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 am

mzepol wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:If he'd made that dunk it would've been a different tune.

Great block, now on to game 2.


So to be clear, because this is the second one of these. I would be singing a different tune if Tatum had a game tying dunk?

So were talking about what didnt happen instead of what did happen? Why would we do that?


Because my point was that was the right play by Tatum.


Yea thats the right play in your opinion.

As I said, had he just got bam in the air before he committed to the jump the whole progression changes. Tatum should know that and Brad drawing up a play to clear the entire side for Tatum to get a dunk was the wrong play to be calling.
User avatar
celticfan42487
RealGM
Posts: 20,879
And1: 7,011
Joined: Jul 22, 2005
Location: Billerica, MA
       

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#402 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:56 am

Tatum

OT: 0-4

Team up 6 with 3:33 to go: 0-3


He put in an entire masterpiece of a game, until it was nut up time. And then he wilted like a flower.

It's the only thing that could have ruined how perfect he was before it was time to win the game.

We got the FULL James Harden experience from him tonight.
Image
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Starter
Posts: 2,293
And1: 3,865
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#403 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:Lol. Too good.
celticfan42487 wrote:
Y'all have no idea you're on the Celtics board.

That last post wouldn't even fly on the General board for baiting.

Might want to edit it and remove it. I just have to assume you're not looking to get suspended during the ECF up 1-0 .Best time to be on RealGm.


Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app


Sorry Saint. I'm not really reading for sarcasm and such. Just saw the message and sig and didn't look at the name thinking someone was going to be impersonating a Heat fan trashing the Celtics fans on their board. After a OT loss reading that and seeing those things I was just like come on guys this is not the time nor place for it in a game 1 ECF OT loss.


Nah we good my dude. I’m probably gonna switch back soon anyway :lol:

We'll get them next game
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
ajones9219
Analyst
Posts: 3,007
And1: 3,083
Joined: Apr 15, 2015
     

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#404 » by ajones9219 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 am

100proof wrote:
tlee324 wrote:
100proof wrote:Team shot poorly, executed poorly and lost by 3 points in overtime.

Its gonna be ok.


Maybe you're right, but time is running out on the mulligan's.



Maybe they get swept.

They already exceeded my expectations for the year, and that was with a healthy hayward.

I would live banner 18, but i didnt see it this year team is a good bench and a good center away from winning it all.
Well that and a little more growth from the jays

The last part is evident in close games.

Tatum literally dominated all game and was a crazy block away from tying it back up. Dude gets 0% blame on this one
User avatar
celticfan42487
RealGM
Posts: 20,879
And1: 7,011
Joined: Jul 22, 2005
Location: Billerica, MA
       

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#405 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 am

For reference:

Kemba

OT: 2-2

Up 6 with 3:33 to go: 1-2
Image
Bourne85
Head Coach
Posts: 6,850
And1: 6,845
Joined: Mar 15, 2014
       

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#406 » by Bourne85 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:00 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Yeah **** the Celtics them trash ass fans :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:


Just want to apologize for some of our dumb fans. GG.


Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.


I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Starter
Posts: 2,293
And1: 3,865
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#407 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Just want to apologize for some of our dumb fans. GG.


Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.


I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho


I’ll have you know I turned 18 last week. Your boy ain’t a minor anymore!
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
The Corey's
Head Coach
Posts: 7,322
And1: 3,662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#408 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Just want to apologize for some of our dumb fans. GG.


Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.


I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho


The right play was driving to the hoop at the end of the 4th, not a 40 foot fade away jump shot.
Jaqua92
General Manager
Posts: 9,059
And1: 5,160
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#409 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Tatum

OT: 0-4

Team up 6 with 3:33 to go: 0-3


He put in an entire masterpiece of a game, until it was nut up time. And then he wilted like a flower.

It's the only thing that could have ruined how perfect he was before it was time to win the game.

We got the FULL James Harden experience from him tonight.
Tatum hadn't been reliable in the clutch. Youth, or whatever you want to call it. It just is what it is right now. Pressure gets to him


Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
GreenFor3
Senior
Posts: 697
And1: 308
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
   

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#410 » by GreenFor3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 am

ajones9219 wrote:
100proof wrote:
tlee324 wrote:
Maybe you're right, but time is running out on the mulligan's.



Maybe they get swept.

They already exceeded my expectations for the year, and that was with a healthy hayward.

I would live banner 18, but i didnt see it this year team is a good bench and a good center away from winning it all.
Well that and a little more growth from the jays

The last part is evident in close games.

Tatum literally dominated all game and was a crazy block away from tying it back up. Dude gets 0% blame on this one

He dominated the first 3 and half quarters. Missed 7 of his last 8 shots. The offense got stagnant and he was gassed coming up short on every iso at the end. Not all on him by any means, but he wasn't dominating at the end.
Jaqua92
General Manager
Posts: 9,059
And1: 5,160
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#411 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.


I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho


I’ll have you know I turned 18 last week. Your boy ain’t a minor anymore!
18 is still a kid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
John-S
Junior
Posts: 251
And1: 166
Joined: Aug 13, 2020

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#412 » by John-S » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 am

Ill News wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Ill News wrote:That was one hell of a block by Bam. Tatum had a free land for a dunk.


Great block and pathetic play call by Stevens.

Tatum going for the poster instead of the points. Just horrible.

We legit get blown out if not for Smart shooting out of his mind which isnt even in his wheelhouse.

What are you talking about? Tatum had a free lane to the rim. Bam just met him there because he's a great athlete.

That was a great possession imo.


That was a great play by Tatum. With any lesser defensive big in that situation it is probably an and1 that wins the game. Like the longer Powell should have gone for the dunk instead of the layup on Smart block on that last play in game 7. Most likely could have been an and1 that gave Toronto the lead there. Tatum made the right call with clear lane going for the high percentage play to tie the game or take the lead with an and1 there. A weak layup there gets swatted into the stands easy by Bam
User avatar
TheMartian
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,825
And1: 2,703
Joined: Oct 13, 2004
 

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#413 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am

The Corey's wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Nah don’t be apologizing. We are a REAL franchise with REAL culture. Pat Riley built this team with savvy managing while the Celtics just got lucky from bullying a dumb franchise for a bunch of picks in Brooklyn.


I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho


The right play was driving to the hoop at the end of the 4th, not a 40 foot fade away jump shot.


This, I agree with 100%. Game winning shot, you absolutely have to take it to the hoop. Just make sure you don't leave time for the other team.
User avatar
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,255
And1: 6,701
Joined: Jun 29, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
       

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#414 » by tlee324 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:07 am

GreenFor3 wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
100proof wrote:

Maybe they get swept.

They already exceeded my expectations for the year, and that was with a healthy hayward.

I would live banner 18, but i didnt see it this year team is a good bench and a good center away from winning it all.
Well that and a little more growth from the jays

The last part is evident in close games.

Tatum literally dominated all game and was a crazy block away from tying it back up. Dude gets 0% blame on this one

He dominated the first 3 and half quarters. Missed 7 of his last 8 shots. The offense got stagnant and he was gassed coming up short on every iso at the end. Not all on him by any means, but he wasn't dominating at the end.


It wasnt pretty, but we scored enough to win this game. We need to play MUCH better defensively.
Image
User avatar
TheMartian
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,825
And1: 2,703
Joined: Oct 13, 2004
 

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#415 » by TheMartian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Tatum

OT: 0-4

Team up 6 with 3:33 to go: 0-3


He put in an entire masterpiece of a game, until it was nut up time. And then he wilted like a flower.

It's the only thing that could have ruined how perfect he was before it was time to win the game.

We got the FULL James Harden experience from him tonight.
Tatum hadn't been reliable in the clutch. Youth, or whatever you want to call it. It just is what it is right now. Pressure gets to him


Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


I like that he's demanding the ball and taking those shots in the clutch. It will be tremendous for his growth. He'll make those soon enough.
The Corey's
Head Coach
Posts: 7,322
And1: 3,662
Joined: Jan 29, 2006

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#416 » by The Corey's » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 am

John-S wrote:
Ill News wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Great block and pathetic play call by Stevens.

Tatum going for the poster instead of the points. Just horrible.

We legit get blown out if not for Smart shooting out of his mind which isnt even in his wheelhouse.

What are you talking about? Tatum had a free lane to the rim. Bam just met him there because he's a great athlete.

That was a great possession imo.


That was a great play by Tatum. With any lesser defensive big in that situation it is probably an and1 that wins the game. Like the longer Powell should have gone for the dunk instead of the layup on Smart block on that last play in game 7. Most likely could have been an and1 that gave Toronto the lead there. Tatum made the right call with clear lane going for the high percentage play to tie the game or take the lead with an and1 there. A weak layup there gets swatted into the stands easy by Bam


Was better to kick it out for a corner 3 then try and challenge one of the best defensive players in the league. Tatum got the results you and I could have predicted if you asked us beforehand. "Right play" is only a matter of perspective.
Cuban Pete
Junior
Posts: 285
And1: 145
Joined: May 01, 2016
     

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#417 » by Cuban Pete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 am

ajones9219 wrote:No worries, Kemba clearly started picking it up in the second half and Tatum had 2 great looks to win the game. Just take game 2


In his last five playoff games he has shot 5-34 (.147) on threes. Coming from a career .360 three point shooter, I'm concerned about his knee.
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Starter
Posts: 2,293
And1: 3,865
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#418 » by Saint Lazarus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:
I gotta apologize again, didn’t know I was dealing with a minor pretending to be a heat fan. Time to grow up my dude. See you guys on the next one.

And that Tatum drive to the hoop was ABSOLUTELY the right play. Can’t be mad at him for that. The 45 foot step back three at end of regulation is a diff story tho


I’ll have you know I turned 18 last week. Your boy ain’t a minor anymore!
18 is still a kid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


I’m actually 23 but yes
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
CelticsPride18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,037
And1: 5,888
Joined: Oct 31, 2013
       

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#419 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:14 am

I thought playing w the Raptors all those close games would have helped us in this series but we keep doing the same mistakes. Move the ball trust your teammates and stop over dribbling.
Cuban Pete
Junior
Posts: 285
And1: 145
Joined: May 01, 2016
     

Re: NBA Eastern Conf. Finals: Gm 1 – Celtics vs Heat – Thread #2, Overtime 

Post#420 » by Cuban Pete » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Tatum

OT: 0-4

Team up 6 with 3:33 to go: 0-3


He put in an entire masterpiece of a game, until it was nut up time. And then he wilted like a flower.

It's the only thing that could have ruined how perfect he was before it was time to win the game.

We got the FULL James Harden experience from him tonight.
Tatum hadn't been reliable in the clutch. Youth, or whatever you want to call it. It just is what it is right now. Pressure gets to him


Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Tatum isn't the reason the team lost. He wasn't great on O but wasn't bad either. He made plays on D and crashed the boards. Danny's #1 offseason priority should be locking him up long term. If he bolts via FA, the Cs are doomed. That said, blame the 35mil/yr PG who shot 1-9 on threes tonight and has now made 5 of his last 34 3-point shots.

Return to Boston Celtics