ImageImageImage

Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

playa-hater
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,368
And1: 1,289
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1281 » by playa-hater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:48 am

Homerclease wrote:More evidence to back up the eye test that the team runs better with Pritchard on the court. Hopefully Kemba will have a similar effect.

Read on Twitter
?s=21


What I find strange is that Brad Stevens claims to be an analytics guy. So eye test + plus numbers.

But what do we know.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,592
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1282 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am

It's only a few minutes of gametime. To be analytical is to try these lineups for long enough that you can get some real data behind them.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
Ernest
Rookie
Posts: 1,007
And1: 828
Joined: Jun 16, 2019
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1283 » by Ernest » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:04 am

Think we get a hardship exemption to sign someone to a 10 day contract?
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,592
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1284 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 am

Wouldn't the player have to go into quarantine and be tested before playing? I thought that's why they weren't doing that. By the time the 10-day guy is allowed to play, the guy he replaces will be coming out of the contact-tracing protocol.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 10,089
And1: 24,578
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1285 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:17 am

Stop the count! Stop the count! Stop the count!

Read on Twitter
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 31,589
And1: 13,581
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1286 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 pm

If we don't play another game during the regular season we'll probably win the EC.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
GWVan
Veteran
Posts: 2,636
And1: 1,774
Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Location: The world's most famous beach
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1287 » by GWVan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:34 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:If we don't play another game during the regular season we'll probably win the EC.


if nobody plays we open the playoffs against the 8th seeded Miami, not sure if I want that
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
Justin33
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,347
And1: 582
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1288 » by Justin33 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

And another game postponed
Read on Twitter
?s=20
meatball sub
RealGM
Posts: 23,829
And1: 4,815
Joined: May 28, 2004
Location: in your mouth

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1289 » by meatball sub » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Great now we’re Team Covid. Way to follow simple protocols fellas
Justin33
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,347
And1: 582
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1290 » by Justin33 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:03 pm

meatball sub wrote:Great now we’re Team Covid. Way to follow simple protocols fellas



To be fair PCR tests suck and if they are set at 40 cycles then you are going to get a lot of positives
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 30,294
And1: 31,544
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1291 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Justin33 wrote:And another game postponed
Read on Twitter
?s=20

3 Postponed games. Wow.
What is the NBA waiting for?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
Gomes3PC
Head Coach
Posts: 7,215
And1: 3,077
Joined: Feb 10, 2006

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1292 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Quarantine Celtics >>> Hospital Celtics

Honestly, this will make the rest of our schedule hellish if we have to make up 3 games in an already-compressed schedule, but it is what it is. I'd rather play a bunch of games and rest folks voluntarily than basically guarantee 3 losses and risk injury due to playing guys too many minutes.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 10,089
And1: 24,578
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1293 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 pm

Why is no one talking about how a better coach could've imposed stricter offcourt rules to prevent this outbreak? FIRE BRAD!!
User avatar
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Junior
Posts: 258
And1: 685
Joined: Jul 04, 2019
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1294 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:20 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Why is no one talking about how a better coach could've imposed stricter offcourt rules to prevent this outbreak? FIRE BRAD!!

Ridiculous assertion. Clearly it's Danny's fault for not drafting players who are immune to COVID-19. Fire Danny.
GWVan
Veteran
Posts: 2,636
And1: 1,774
Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Location: The world's most famous beach
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1295 » by GWVan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:27 pm

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Why is no one talking about how a better coach could've imposed stricter offcourt rules to prevent this outbreak? FIRE BRAD!!

Ridiculous assertion. Clearly it's Danny's fault for not drafting players who are immune to COVID-19. Fire Danny.


Something something Brown's fault, trade him before he does any more damage
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
User avatar
TA42
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,780
And1: 714
Joined: Sep 11, 2004
Location: MA
     

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1296 » by TA42 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:31 pm

GWVan wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Why is no one talking about how a better coach could've imposed stricter offcourt rules to prevent this outbreak? FIRE BRAD!!

Ridiculous assertion. Clearly it's Danny's fault for not drafting players who are immune to COVID-19. Fire Danny.


Something something Brown's fault, trade him before he does any more damage


Smart started this whole nonsense and it’s obvious he sets the tone for the whole squad. What kind of example did he set by getting Covid first? The rest of the team simply followed his lead. TRADE HIM!!
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,568
And1: 5,169
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1297 » by jmr07019 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:05 pm

GWVan wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:If we don't play another game during the regular season we'll probably win the EC.


if nobody plays we open the playoffs against the 8th seeded Miami, not sure if I want that


Wouldn’t be surprised to see something wonky like that at the end of the season.

On a related note the East is much harder than it used to be. Philly looking better, Nets are good now, Indy getting Oladipo back plus Sabonis improving. Not to mention us, Milwaukee and Miami. Toronto is gonna have to fight to get the 7th seed.
Show Love Spread Love
playa-hater
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,368
And1: 1,289
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1298 » by playa-hater » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 am

*IF the NBA goes to an increased roster, any idea what 2 players will/could be added?

PS.. while I really like IT, just don't see another very small PG on our roster as beneficial.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,592
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1299 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am

Just any two random G-Leaguers would be better than IT. IT is beyond washed and couldn't even get onto a roster at the vet min. He hasn't been a useful NBA player since May 2017.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 26,961
And1: 13,931
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1300 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 am

playa-hater wrote:*IF the NBA goes to an increased roster, any idea what 2 players will/could be added?

PS.. while I really like IT, just don't see another very small PG on our roster as beneficial.


Players whose natural position is somewhere in the range 2-4. We're pretty loaded at center and PG.

Return to Boston Celtics