ImageImageImage

Official Celtics 2020-21 Preseason Thread

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,969
And1: 10,020
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#541 » by djFan71 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:21 am

My first thought was Sonics as well
User avatar
LewisnotMiller
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,313
And1: 948
Joined: Jun 21, 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
   

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#542 » by LewisnotMiller » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:59 pm

reload141 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter


GET EXCITE!!


As much as I want an Australian on this team I don’t think I want this Australian.


If we're reaching into the NBL for an Aussie, I'm kinda hoping it's Mitch Creek. Even though he does nothing to help our big man issues, and doesn't fill any particular need for us.
My excitement for Will Magnay would be less than that.

I reserve the right to be a complete Aussie homer if we grab him though.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 29,586
And1: 30,353
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#543 » by Parliament10 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Triple7 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

This looks like something our offseason prize find Will Magnay would wear.


Damn! That’s one ugly jersey! :lol:

This is a joke. Right???
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,752
And1: 64,531
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#544 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Every jersey number should be "0".
playa-hater
Senior
Posts: 656
And1: 640
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#545 » by playa-hater » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Put me in the "I love Tacko" fan club. I really, really, really want him this year or next to get a real shot at playing!!
playa-hater
Senior
Posts: 656
And1: 640
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#546 » by playa-hater » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:03 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:
reload141 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter


GET EXCITE!!


As much as I want an Australian on this team I don’t think I want this Australian.


If we're reaching into the NBL for an Aussie, I'm kinda hoping it's Mitch Creek. Even though he does nothing to help our big man issues, and doesn't fill any particular need for us.
My excitement for Will Magnay would be less than that.

I reserve the right to be a complete Aussie homer if we grab him though.


Dang I just saw the user name Lewisnotmiller and got depressed.. :cry:
flintsky21
Rookie
Posts: 1,154
And1: 1,645
Joined: Oct 21, 2010
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#547 » by flintsky21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:33 pm

What's Allen Crabbe doing nowadays? Terrible last year but career 38% from 3. Probably could be had for the minimum.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 29,586
And1: 30,353
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#548 » by Parliament10 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:11 pm

flintsky21 wrote:What's Allen Crabbe doing nowadays? Terrible last year but career 38% from 3. Probably could be had for the minimum.

He's been bouncing around lately. But the minimum, IDK.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
playa-hater
Senior
Posts: 656
And1: 640
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#549 » by playa-hater » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 pm

3 days away from the draft and a day away from trades, 1000+ rumors, and I still have no idea how this will end up :o

But I keep telling myself. It will all be over soon.
User avatar
ILC
Starter
Posts: 2,123
And1: 1,730
Joined: Apr 15, 2014
 

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#550 » by ILC » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter


Nothing like an NBA offseason man. I get excited over the smallest deals for the most obscure teams. Immediately fire up 2K, start playing around, putting pieces together.

I still remember that summer Love randomly visited Boston and went to a Red Sox game lmao
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 29,586
And1: 30,353
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#551 » by Parliament10 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:42 pm

playa-hater wrote:3 days away from the draft and a day away from trades, 1000+ rumors, and I still have no idea how this will end up :o

But I keep telling myself. It will all be over soon.

Not to worry.



"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
celticfan42487
RealGM
Posts: 21,522
And1: 7,674
Joined: Jul 22, 2005
Location: Billerica, MA
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#552 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:52 am

Shams reporting these players are exercising their options on Monday, and yet Hayward isn't one of the few.

I guess there must be some variance between them but I wish it was clear. I guess these players are exercising their options early.

Perhaps we could still get a Hayward trade in at draft night if he likes where he's being traded too and therefore using the option kind of as a no trade clause.
Image
batabatuta
Junior
Posts: 373
And1: 332
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
   

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#553 » by batabatuta » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:40 am

If Harden does move to Brooklyn, ugh. This is why the ECF loss is going to haunt this team. It was our small window of opportunity. I can only hope Ainge turn this around.
snowman
Rookie
Posts: 1,082
And1: 804
Joined: Jun 08, 2009
     

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#554 » by snowman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:15 pm

batabatuta wrote:If Harden does move to Brooklyn, ugh. This is why the ECF loss is going to haunt this team. It was our small window of opportunity. I can only hope Ainge turn this around.


Harden - 31 years old, ball hog
Durant - 32 years old, coming off major injury

Tatum - 22 years old, just named to third team all pro
Brown - 23 years old, one of the top 3 &D players in league

We have time. Our window is wide open, no need to panic and screw it up now.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 29,586
And1: 30,353
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#555 » by Parliament10 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:34 pm

snowman wrote:
batabatuta wrote:If Harden does move to Brooklyn, ugh. This is why the ECF loss is going to haunt this team. It was our small window of opportunity. I can only hope Ainge turn this around.


Harden - 31 years old, ball hog
Durant - 32 years old, coming off major injury

Tatum - 22 years old, just named to third team all pro
Brown - 23 years old, one of the top 3 &D players in league

We have time. Our window is wide open, no need to panic and screw it up now.

Yeah. We're doing alright.
We just need to build around them.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
Demon22
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 108
Joined: Feb 09, 2014

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#556 » by Demon22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 am

Grande sounds like he might know something.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,825
And1: 9,069
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#557 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 am

Yo Shaq Harrison would be sick if they can fit him on the roster.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Bluewhale
General Manager
Posts: 7,875
And1: 271
Joined: Dec 03, 2003

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#558 » by Bluewhale » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:17 am

So many wings....if we sign Shaq Harrison
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,825
And1: 9,069
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#559 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Yeah I would really only see room for him if there were a consolidation trade. Even if every FA leaves and they use every pick, it's hard to see adding Harrison unless he would be OK being the 15th man like Javonte Green. He's just a good value is all if he's had for a couple million and a consolidation trade opens up a spot. Defensive playmaking wing with potentially improving shooting, could be the next late-bloomer wing like Covington, though not as big and more guard-sized, and he's certainly a lot better than Semi Ojeleye. I just like his defense and as bench piece he's interesting depending on how the rest of the roster shakes out.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
Posts: 10,990
And1: 15,040
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
     

Re: Official Celtics 2020-21 Offseason Thread 

Post#560 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:37 am

ILC wrote:
Read on Twitter


Nothing like an NBA offseason man. I get excited over the smallest deals for the most obscure teams. Immediately fire up 2K, start playing around, putting pieces together.

I still remember that summer Love randomly visited Boston and went to a Red Sox game lmao

This has only been floated in passing convo as a "what if" we dump kemba for something not another point guard, nothing serious whatsoever.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to Boston Celtics