ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, Part 2 

Post#41 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:40 pm

If Philly ever wanes off of Simmons, I'd honestly take back Al's terrible contract to swing a deal with them. They probably will give Doc a year to try to make Simmons/Embiid work, but Ainge should at least dangle Kemba, Hayward and every pick in the book for Simmons and Horford. Most will hate this but I'd probably cave and even do Simmons/Horford for Kemba/Brown. A 5-man of Smart/Simmons/Tatum/Hayward and some combo of Horford/Theis/Timelord can win a title.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#42 » by Disinformation » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:53 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Ernest wrote:Heres an idea everyone will hate: Why not take a chance on Boogie Cousins? Who knows if he can stay healthy or will have a good attitude, but we can always cut him. If he was healthy and bought in to the team he could be great at center for us. Look at Howard in LAL. People thought he was done, or at least not a good teammate. He already burned the bridge in LA. But hes there and doing well. Just an idea.

I say at least "kick the tires" though Cousins and boy-scout locker-room Brad might be a disaster waiting to happen

Nah.

Coming off an ACL tear and an achilles tear a few years ago? Pass. Howard was healthy, just a garbage person (he lost a lot of weight too) before he got back to LA.

Didn't Brad nix a Boogie trade a few years ago when he was actually still a good player because he didn't want to coach him?
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#43 » by Green89 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:55 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:If Philly ever wanes off of Simmons, I'd honestly take back Al's terrible contract to swing a deal with them. They probably will give Doc a year to try to make Simmons/Embiid work, but Ainge should at least dangle Kemba, Hayward and every pick in the book for Simmons and Horford. Most will hate this but I'd probably cave and even do Simmons/Horford for Kemba/Brown. A 5-man of Smart/Simmons/Tatum/Hayward and some combo of Horford/Theis/Timelord can win a title.

Doc has probably negotiated having some say in player movement upon signing with Philly. Doc's not a great integrator of new pieces mid season, so if there's going to be any type of big moves made in Philly, it will probably be before the season starts. It will be interesting to see what happens with them.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#44 » by djFan71 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:56 pm

Ws seemed to like Boogie even though he didn't get to contribute. They also need a few players. I wouldn't be shocked if he went back there. Nor would I be disappointed.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,785

Post#45 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:57 pm

The chances that two Atlantic Division rivals would swing a deal like that is effectively zero. It The Sixers made that deal and the Celtics won a title, Elton Brand's career as an NBA front office executive would be over.

If simmons and/or Embiid is traded, it will be to the Western Conference.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#46 » by 100proof » Tue Oct 6, 2020 8:40 pm

wow, 3 pages already.

People coming for my crown
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#47 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:26 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Ernest wrote:Heres an idea everyone will hate: Why not take a chance on Boogie Cousins? Who knows if he can stay healthy or will have a good attitude, but we can always cut him. If he was healthy and bought in to the team he could be great at center for us. Look at Howard in LAL. People thought he was done, or at least not a good teammate. He already burned the bridge in LA. But hes there and doing well. Just an idea.

I say at least "kick the tires" though Cousins and boy-scout locker-room Brad might be a disaster waiting to happen

A lot of guys are hard to coach in the vein "I know what I can do and you aren't letting me do it". If they happen to be coming back from serious injury, however, they may be in more doubt themselves, and certainly more forgiving of others who doubt them.

That said, you need to have enough roster spots open that you're OK if you sign them and they turn out to be worthless. Analogies to Scott Pollard and two different O'Neals might be worth considering.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#48 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:32 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

A lot of guys are hard to coach in the vein "I know what I can do and you aren't letting me do it". If they happen to be coming back from serious injury, however, they may be in more doubt themselves, and certainly more forgiving of others who doubt them.

That said, you need to have enough roster spots open that you're OK if you sign them and they turn out to be worthless. Analogies to Scott Pollard and two different O'Neals might be worth considering.

Boogie will be a laker next season. Whether Dwight tries and goes for more money somewhere else or they have to have 3 centers on the roster.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#49 » by Darthlukey » Tue Oct 6, 2020 9:56 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:If Philly ever wanes off of Simmons, I'd honestly take back Al's terrible contract to swing a deal with them. They probably will give Doc a year to try to make Simmons/Embiid work, but Ainge should at least dangle Kemba, Hayward and every pick in the book for Simmons and Horford. Most will hate this but I'd probably cave and even do Simmons/Horford for Kemba/Brown. A 5-man of Smart/Simmons/Tatum/Hayward and some combo of Horford/Theis/Timelord can win a title.

Kemba/Brown for Simmons/Horford is probably a fair deal IF Philly want to move on from Simmons (its not enough to pry Simmons away unsolicited). The other option of Kemba/Hayward and what amounts to 6 1sts is interesting, but without a young key piece to build around we probably get hung up on. Though it would make Philly the better team immediately, our future is immediately brighter for nearly 10 years with Tatum, Simmons, Brown and Smart.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#50 » by Darthlukey » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:02 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:The chances that two Atlantic Division rivals would swing a deal like that is effectively zero. It The Sixers made that deal and the Celtics won a title, Elton Brand's career as an NBA front office executive would be over.

If simmons and/or Embiid is traded, it will be to the Western Conference.

Yeah it makes sense, which is shame. On the flipside, who can we target from the West in that case. Lets say Brown is the absolute highest that we go. KAT if he is disgruntled, though I havent read that anywhere. I dont mind Booker but im not a huge fan either and Suns arent likely letting him go soon. It then gets tricky to find elite talent on a team that might need to move it using Brown as a building block.

If for some really strange reason the rockets do want to move Harden, I wouldnt want to move Brown, only Kemba with prospects and a ton of picks (a team with Harden & Kemba doesnt work at all). Mind you, the rockets receiving Kemba as a centerpiece is a moot point.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#51 » by Darthlukey » Tue Oct 6, 2020 10:03 pm

Disinformation wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Nah.

Coming off an ACL tear and an achilles tear a few years ago? Pass. Howard was healthy, just a garbage person (he lost a lot of weight too) before he got back to LA.

Didn't Brad nix a Boogie trade a few years ago when he was actually still a good player because he didn't want to coach him?

Even IF Boogie added value, I would rather lose without him than win with him (that might be a boneheaded statement, but I stand by it).
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#52 » by captain green » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:01 am

I'm gonna pass on boogie and trading brown for Simmons. Now if we can get Simmons without coughing up smart or brown or Tatum then yeah duh. But this team is the Jay's any talk about trading them and not huge upgrade then no. Although I'd like his size for the point guard doubt that doc will give Celtics any gifts or help a rival. We run about every trade available and it comes down to 3 people of value Hayward, Smart to a lesser degree kanter and picks. Trading Smart will reduce team dynamic as he is the motor. Trading Hayward more than likely gets us less now talent or slightly less even value. Which leads me to think kanter is traded but not for much as he literally could be had on waivers or out right transactions, does anyone even want him? Probably gonna be mostly same team with limited minutes for a actual needle mover. I personally would walk kemba to the trade podium but I just think ainge wouldn't do it till is last year. In essence he handicapped his own team by signing kemba and not addressing the bench or drafting for need or better talent.
He seems to be high on langfod and gwill but I'd trade both in a heart beat for future draft picks.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,028

Post#53 » by London2Boston » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:39 am

Like hell should we bail Philly out of that Horford contract. Especially not for a Zero Jumpshot Guard. If you thought dealing with the Zone was bad now...

Now if we talk Embiid.... I’m all ears.

Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,606

Post#54 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:07 am

If we had John Collins would we trade him for an injury riddled Hayward and a pick? :lol:

I swear some of y'all got super green goggles. Way overrating our players while underrating others.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:10 am

Darthlukey wrote:

Kemba/Brown for Simmons/Horford is probably a fair deal IF Philly want to move on from Simmons (its not enough to pry Simmons away unsolicited). The other option of Kemba/Hayward and what amounts to 6 1sts is interesting, but without a young key piece to build around we probably get hung up on. Though it would make Philly the better team immediately, our future is immediately brighter for nearly 10 years with Tatum, Simmons, Brown and Smart.

You're giving up Kemba/Brown but we still have Brown on our future lineup? Hmmm
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:16 am

Why are you guys trying to tradr Brown? The man looks to like being a Celtic more than Tatum. Is Tatum's near perfect sidekick as a good shooter, elite defender that can defend 1-4, great offball player.

He's worked his ass off improving better than expected and some of you trying to trade him for some shiny new toy that's gonna create more problems than improvements.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#57 » by captain green » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:30 am

In theory brown should fetch a ransom no green goggles needed if your asking about brown you'd better talk about 2 early 1st and a high caliber player, cause you could legit have him as your 1 and build around him. Would I do it no way in hell we have a core of 2 young dudes that get better and better great homegrown players to get a ring or 2 with.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:52 am

I am down with a Hayward - Turner trade core.

Trade 1 year of Hayward for a higher potential ceiling with Turner. Remember our players that were good but almost went ass when traded? I think we have enough evidence that Steven's system makes players better than they are and I would be willing to gamble that he'll make Turner a gem in his system.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#59 » by BK_2020 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 1:56 am

Turner's ceiling is what Turner is right now, a low-energy mopey big guy who gets some blocks and hits 3s at a low volume but doesn't help very much on defense or anything else.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,679

Post#60 » by steefP2 » Wed Oct 7, 2020 2:16 am

While I don’t love any Hayward for Turner trade scenarios, people here really underrate Myles Turner. Dude is a serious defensive presence and can switch a bit too. Needs to be a more willing shooter on offense and sucks at rebounding but he’s a legit defensive bit with actual size and shooting touch

Return to Boston Celtics