ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21 

Post#901 » by Disinformation » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:39 pm

The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
GALLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And yes it is. Also Pineapple Express
Is actually a really good strain, some serious good mood ****.

It is, I've had it. NETA in Brookline had it a few months ago, definitely good.

Also hot take...Harold and Kumar is a better stoner comedy than Pineapple Express.

As for if this is possible...I think no, but if it's possible, pretty sure it hard caps us.

Having a medical card is sweet. Harold and Kumar is probably my favorite, the Christmas one is really good as well. It’s not a very good movie, but Grandmas Boy always kill me.

I do love the idea of flipping Oladipo to a third team for a TPE though.

Was literally just out in my garage watching Harold and Kumar -- but it was Super Lemon Haze in my case.

Also, agreed on a getting a sizable TPE.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#902 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:58 pm

To me losing Hayward and adding gallo I’m not sure that’s really a huge gain but I’m open to arguments proving me wrong or educating me....seems like you’d want to add gallo to Hayward and the team We have for it to be a monumental add.

Guess it depends on what big we also add assuming that enables us to use the full MLE- Then maybe gallo + vet big = me excited
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#903 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:02 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Question....assuming we can maneuver a 3 team trade leveraging another teams interest in dipo, Hayward to Indiana and a TPE tp Boston ;

Is there a way or is possible to trade for someone or do a S&t for a player with 1 year guaranteed in an effort to manufacture cap space for 2021 to have a shot at giannis? ( I mean so unlikely but still)

In other words do a s&t maybe a 3 year deal on'y 1st year guaranteed and over pay a player a bit so he’s enticed and then if we can be players in FA not pick up his option? Or does Tatums extension kicking in still kill any real space for us

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced (see question number 39), as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 32).
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#904 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:To me losing Hayward and adding gallo I’m not sure that’s really a huge gain but I’m open to arguments proving me wrong or educating me....seems like you’d want to add gallo to Hayward and the team We have for it to be a monumental add.

Guess it depends on what big we also add assuming that enables us to use the full MLE- Then maybe gallo + vet big = me excited

I just saw that if we receive a player via S&T, we do not have access to the MLE. No longer want Gallo.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#905 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Question....assuming we can maneuver a 3 team trade leveraging another teams interest in dipo, Hayward to Indiana and a TPE tp Boston ;

Is there a way or is possible to trade for someone or do a S&t for a player with 1 year guaranteed in an effort to manufacture cap space for 2021 to have a shot at giannis? ( I mean so unlikely but still)

In other words do a s&t maybe a 3 year deal on'y 1st year guaranteed and over pay a player a bit so he’s enticed and then if we can be players in FA not pick up his option? Or does Tatums extension kicking in still kill any real space for us

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced (see question number 39), as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 32).

Thanks! So 3 year minimum with only a 1 year guaranteed- means we don’t get bird rights but with our cap situation and Tatums new deal kicking in, does it allow us to be able to have cap space after year 1 of S&T player? If we decline year 2 and 3

I’m interpreting it as a no because of the hard cap and Tatums deal
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#906 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:07 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Thanks! So 3 year minimum with only a 1 year guaranteed- means we don’t get bird rights but with our cap situation and Tatums new deal kicking in, does it allow us to be able to have cap space after year 1 of S&T player?

I think if we void the players deal and freed up cap elsewhere, yes. But its exceedingly unlikely and would cost us Kemba and Smart.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#907 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Thanks! So 3 year minimum with only a 1 year guaranteed- means we don’t get bird rights but with our cap situation and Tatums new deal kicking in, does it allow us to be able to have cap space after year 1 of S&T player?

I think if we void the players deal and freed up cap elsewhere, yes. But its exceedingly unlikely and would cost us Kemba and Smart.

Why would we lose kemba and smart?
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#908 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:15 pm

Just so tough to create superteams unless you hit with late 1sts (Siakam) or even better with 2nd round picks (Draymond) and have them become key contributors early in their rookie contracts.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#909 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:18 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Tatums cap will be near 20M [guessing we extend early and its actually near 33], Brown will be near 25M. Kemba at 35+ takes away our ability to offer a max deal with other minimum cap holds and guys on rookie deals.

Smart is more tricky, but basically— Tatum at 30%, Brown at 23% of the cap leaves us 17% of the cap for the remaining players to still be able to offer the 30% max. With our current group of players [Grant, RWIII, Langford, 14, 26, 30 et al] we wont have enough room to keep Smart’s ~12% hit. We’d have to dump all of them for basically nothing to make it work. Not likely.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#910 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:19 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Might be enough to just dump Kemba. Then renounce all other FAs. We'd be left with 8 guys (Jays, Smart, Theis, Williamses, Romeo, Carsen) + the 2020 rookies.

EDIT: Okay, just saw SWC's post. Assumption in mine is we talk to Tatum to hold off on the extension.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#911 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:22 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Might be enough to just dump Kemba. Then renounce all other FAs. We'd be left with 8 guys (Jays, Smart, Theis, Williamses, Romeo, Carsen) + the 2020 rookies.

Tatum qualifying for the 30% max kills that dream, unless he shockingly is willing to wait until the next offseason for a deal [he wont].
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#912 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:41 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Tatum qualifying for the 30% max kills that dream, unless he shockingly is willing to wait until the next offseason for a deal [he wont].

Trade brown somewhere with cap space :wink: add giannis to kemba and tatum....I kid guys I kid
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#913 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:47 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Trade brown somewhere with cap space :wink: add giannis to kemba and tatum....I kid guys I kid

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#914 » by djFan71 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:24 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:To me losing Hayward and adding gallo I’m not sure that’s really a huge gain but I’m open to arguments proving me wrong or educating me....seems like you’d want to add gallo to Hayward and the team We have for it to be a monumental add.

I just saw that if we receive a player via S&T, we do not have access to the MLE. No longer want Gallo.

I still like Fournier as part of the Hayward deal (or separately into TPE). Gallo lite, expires next year so we're not tied to huge salary when Tatum kicks in. Hopefully Langford or 2020 pick is ready to take over by then. Or you resign Evan cheap or MLE that offseason. More options than locking into Gallo long-term

Still have your full tax MLE this year. Or somewhere up to $17M in TPE to S&T Favors.

BUT.... I think you could also just do 2 S&T trades for Gallo/Favors. If the TPE is large enough, start them both around $13-14M. Gallo goes up, Favors is flat/down.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,685

Post#915 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:02 am

Guys, I will say, don't talk yourselves into Fournier being good. He is TRASH
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,994

Post#916 » by 31to6 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:13 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:Guys, I will say, don't talk yourselves into Fournier being good. He is TRASH

Can we extend this to Gallo as well please?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#917 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:25 am

I just wish there was a way and really there always is, to at least get in the game on giannis’ free agency. Granted we probably have a snowballs chance in hell but we need to at least try and finesse a meeting if at all possible.

Generational talent possibly becoming available for nothing but cap space.....need a seat at the table.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,685

Post#918 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:01 am

31to6 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Guys, I will say, don't talk yourselves into Fournier being good. He is TRASH

I disagree on that one actually, Gallo is not bad at all IMO
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#919 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:50 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:I just wish there was a way and really there always is, to at least get in the game on giannis’ free agency. Granted we probably have a snowballs chance in hell but we need to at least try and finesse a meeting if at all possible.

Generational talent possibly becoming available for nothing but cap space.....need a seat at the table.

If that's a path (not necessarily the path) we want to pursue, then we can't take on any more contracts that go beyond this upcoming season apart from the incoming rookies. If at all possible, defer those late 1sts unless there are guys left that are hard to turn down.

If Giannis is a possibility, Kemba is dumpable as long as he doesn't get injured. There will be several teams with max cap space in 2021 offseason. Not all of them will be able to sign a top-tier player.

It would be really awkward giving Kemba the wrong time and place for that pitch meeting with Giannis though lol.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#920 » by djFan71 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:02 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
31to6 wrote:

I disagree on that one actually, Gallo is not bad at all IMO

Gallo => Hayward Lite.
Fournier => Gallo Lite. Or Hayward Lite Lite if you prefer.

The main advantage to Fournier to me is cost & commitment would be low. If he's more than 26 or 30, forget it. He's not perfect by any means, but he's still a starter in this league who we could use as a rotation player for a year until one of our young guys is hopefully ready. Then he expires.

I like that more than committing to Gallo for 3 years.

Return to Boston Celtics