ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

User avatar
Fierce1
Starter
Posts: 2,422
And1: 1,798
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1861 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:43 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:So are we NOT going to talk about KD and his ongoing homophobia and bigoted remarks? We all knew he was a complete a-hole, but he shouldn't be getting a pass for being horrible human because he's good at basketball


It is what it is.

Obviously KD did something wrong, but what can we do about it?

It's the double standard of being an NBA superstar.
CeltsfaninDC
Analyst
Posts: 3,680
And1: 2,218
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1862 » by CeltsfaninDC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:So are we NOT going to talk about KD and his ongoing homophobia and bigoted remarks? We all knew he was a complete a-hole, but he shouldn't be getting a pass for being horrible human because he's good at basketball


It is what it is.

Obviously KD did something wrong, but what can we do about it?

It's the double standard of being an NBA superstar.

Thats my point, there should be no double standard. He needs to be held accountable for his actions the same way other (Meyers Leonard for example) have been.
User avatar
Fierce1
Starter
Posts: 2,422
And1: 1,798
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1863 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:51 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:Thats my point, there should be no double standard. He needs to be held accountable for his actions the same way other (Meyers Leonard for example) have been.


Totally agree with you.

We'll see what the NBA does.
GoGreen
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,740
And1: 2,018
Joined: Jul 19, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1864 » by GoGreen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:48 pm

I have a bad feeling KDs remarks are more popular among jocks, whether NBA or not, than we'd like to believe
User avatar
Gurton Buster
Analyst
Posts: 3,603
And1: 4,360
Joined: Jul 27, 2013
       

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1865 » by Gurton Buster » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm

Triple7 wrote:Image

Nesmith can’t even get some burn. Nice one Stevens lol.


Danny needs to stop looking at trades solely as value vs value. If there’s a player in the draft that you think can be a star, slightly overpaying to get that player will be worth the cost of the overpay *ten fold* in the long term. Halliburton was like 3 picks away from Nesmith and everybody on this Board wanted him and now he might be the ROY. Danny you’re a good GM but you’ve made a A LOT of mistakes recently. It’s not good enough to be good anymore, like truth18 said (lol) “ITS HARD TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE”
User avatar
Gurton Buster
Analyst
Posts: 3,603
And1: 4,360
Joined: Jul 27, 2013
       

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1866 » by Gurton Buster » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:41 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Hornets, led by old friends Rozier and Hayward, win another clutch game. Their team is shooting 49.2% from 3 in the clutch. Leads the NBA. The Celtics? 23.4%. Eeek. Spurs are the only team with a worse %.

EDIT: I think, like us, they'll be irrelevant in the playoffs. But it's been fun to follow them in the regular season.


Hayward and Rozier leading the Charlotte Hornets to the 4th seed when they were supposed to be leading our second unit to the championship :cry:

Kyrie Smart Brown Tatum Horford
Rozier Hayward

Smh.

**** kyrie.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,221
And1: 5,072
Joined: May 06, 2001
Location: Pollard Powered, in Yonkers, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1867 » by darrendaye » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:So are we NOT going to talk about KD and his ongoing homophobia and bigoted remarks? We all knew he was a complete a-hole, but he shouldn't be getting a pass for being horrible human because he's good at basketball


Heard he called the last person to beat up Michael Rappaport to join forces and do it again.
Of the things I like about Robert Williams, my favorite thing is that he spreads his arms when he retreats on defense.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,221
And1: 5,072
Joined: May 06, 2001
Location: Pollard Powered, in Yonkers, NY
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1868 » by darrendaye » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Gurton Buster wrote:
Triple7 wrote:Image

Nesmith can’t even get some burn. Nice one Stevens lol.


Danny needs to stop looking at trades solely as value vs value. If there’s a player in the draft that you think can be a star, slightly overpaying to get that player will be worth the cost of the overpay *ten fold* in the long term. Halliburton was like 3 picks away from Nesmith and everybody on this Board wanted him and now he might be the ROY. Danny you’re a good GM but you’ve made a A LOT of mistakes recently. It’s not good enough to be good anymore, like truth18 said (lol) “ITS HARD TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE”


As a guy who Danny left at he station of the Nurkic train, I feel these sentiments.
Of the things I like about Robert Williams, my favorite thing is that he spreads his arms when he retreats on defense.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,904
And1: 8,704
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1869 » by greenroom31 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 pm

Apparently JJ Redick thinks that he should be able to pick and choose his team because 1) COVID happened and 2) New Orleans traded Jrue Holiday.

Sorry but no sympathy from me. It’s a high paying job. Move your family to New Orleans if it’s so important. Not like he’s a NY native anyway — he’s from Roanoke, VA.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31172777/jj-redick-sounds-new-orleans-pelicans-front-office-handling-trade-dallas-mavericks
User avatar
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,584
And1: 8,267
Joined: Mar 17, 2017
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1870 » by 3D Chess » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:35 am

Kyrie
Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Theis

6th: Kanter

aka the guys we got nothing for all-stars... would wipe the floor with us.
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,550
And1: 11,420
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1871 » by djFan71 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:48 am

3D Chess wrote:Kyrie
Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Theis

6th: Kanter

aka the guys we got nothing for all-stars... would wipe the floor with us.

Don’t forget Morris
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1872 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:59 am

djFan71 wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Kyrie
Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Theis

6th: Kanter

aka the guys we got nothing for all-stars... would wipe the floor with us.

Don’t forget Morris

Add KO and you have an ECF team. Unless Kyrie quits mid-ECSF series.
Tyakack
Veteran
Posts: 2,707
And1: 3,485
Joined: May 14, 2014
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1873 » by Tyakack » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:11 am

3D Chess wrote:Kyrie
Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Theis

6th: Kanter

aka the guys we got nothing for all-stars... would wipe the floor with us.


The truth.............it hurts!!!!! :cry:
User avatar
Shak_Celts
RealGM
Posts: 25,427
And1: 30,232
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1874 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:13 am

Tyakack wrote:
3D Chess wrote:Kyrie
Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Theis

6th: Kanter

aka the guys we got nothing for all-stars... would wipe the floor with us.

H
The truth.............it hurts!!!!! :cry:


When the playoffs come, you won't be crying! All of them will face the Wrath of Celts (not KO and Al :lol)!!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
CelticsLV
Head Coach
Posts: 6,656
And1: 6,580
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1875 » by CelticsLV » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:05 am

Griffin is a horse that needs to be sent to a glue factory they said...

Guy's having a massive impact as a role player for the Nets right now. High IQ players like Griffin will be impactful for a very long time but people are too focused on if he can still dunk.
London2Boston
General Manager
Posts: 7,819
And1: 9,898
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1876 » by London2Boston » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:49 pm

CelticsLV wrote:Griffin is a horse that needs to be sent to a glue factory they said...

Guy's having a massive impact as a role player for the Nets right now. High IQ players like Griffin will be impactful for a very long time but people are too focused on if he can still dunk.


People were questioning James Harden and his character too. Brooklyn straight up robbed Houston for one of the best offensive players of all time.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
Posts: 3,455
And1: 3,244
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1877 » by DoubleHappiness » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:16 am

If the Nets stay healthy and LMA has anything left in the tank come playoff time the East is already decided.
User avatar
Ill News
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,579
And1: 8,706
Joined: Jul 17, 2016
       

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1878 » by Ill News » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:41 am

Warriors just lost by 53 to the Raptors. Looks like the Raps led by as many as 60(!).
MagicBagley18
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 14,048
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1879 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:06 am

DoubleHappiness wrote:If the Nets stay healthy and LMA has anything left in the tank come playoff time the East is already decided.


It was decided when they traded for harden....everything else is the cherry on the sundae
NuckyPowell
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,101
And1: 4,577
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 1 

Post#1880 » by NuckyPowell » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:29 am

Gary Trent Jr was a cool +54 in his 30 minutes tonight. Unreal.

Return to Boston Celtics