ImageImageImage

Welcome to Virtual Boston, Yam Madar!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

neno
Rookie
And1: 916

Re: Welcome to Virtual Boston, Yam Madar! 

Post#201 » by neno » Mon May 3, 2021 9:53 pm

:noway:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Justin33 wrote:5-1-21
;ab_channel=Bllen

The kid has some shake in his game for sure. Love what I'm seeing.

Wham bam thank you yam
Big yam on campus
I'm staying excited long past Brad doesn't play him
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,531

Post#202 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon May 3, 2021 11:34 pm

neno wrote::noway:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Justin33 wrote:5-1-21
;ab_channel=Bllen

Wham bam thank you yam
Big yam on campus

Looks like Payton Pritchard, with more athleticism but less shooting (range or, I'd guess, accuracy as well).
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#203 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue May 4, 2021 1:20 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
neno wrote::noway:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Wham bam thank you yam
Big yam on campus

Looks like Payton Pritchard, with more athleticism but less shooting (range or, I'd guess, accuracy as well).

Careful bringing up Pritchard in this thread.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,167

Post#204 » by playa-hater » Tue May 4, 2021 3:04 am

I have seen enough. I want him here by summer.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#205 » by Justin33 » Thu May 6, 2021 9:07 pm

5-5-21 probably not his strongest game
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,009

Post#206 » by Hal14 » Thu May 6, 2021 10:19 pm

Justin33 wrote:5-5-21 probably not his strongest game

Yeah not the best game in terms of scoring volume or shooting efficiency but on the plus side looked smooth with the ball when shooting and setting up teammates for buckets, his team won and he only had 2 turnovers.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#207 » by Justin33 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am

Nice bounce back game 5-10-21
;ab_channel=Bllen
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#208 » by cloverleaf » Tue May 11, 2021 7:24 pm

I'm ready for the Yam era (with a new coach, maybe Smart traded, etc.) to begin!
Hal14
RealGM

Post#209 » by Hal14 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 pm

Justin33 wrote:Nice bounce back game 5-10-21
;ab_channel=Bllen

The 3 things I see in this video that I continue to be impressed by:

1) The defense. Obviously we could use the help on D. The tenacity on D, at 1:36 it actually looks like he's out of position on D, if you pause it at 1:37 he's not even guarding anyone..opponent gets ball inside to open big man, but then Madar gets in there, makes a play, fights for the ball, knocks it loose and starts a fast break the other way

Even more impressive is at 1:05 where he comes over from help side to to make a really nice blocked shot. Madar has 5 blocks in his last 5 games, yes small sample size but super impressive for a PG.

2) Catch and shoot. There's a few of them in this video. Being able to catch a pass and then hit a 3 off the catch isn't that impressive. What is impressive is how before he even catches the ball, he's already setting his feet, already has his hands ready to catch the pass and before the pass gets there his hands and feet are already exactly where they need to be so he can catch and immediately go up with the shot all in 1 fluid motion - as opposed to catching the ball, taking the extra time to gather it in, then set himself, then decide whether or not to shoot it, square up to the basket and then shoot it. See at the 2:36 mark - his teammate cross-court has the ball in the high post, but he is already calling for the ball, putting his hands up to get ready to catch the pass, he already at that moment knows he's gonna shoot the ball, so he's already stepping into his shot while the pass is still in the air on its way to him, so that way he catches it and is right up into his shot.

3) Decision making as a PG. He continues to show a good feel for how to play PG, being a true floor general, knowing when to pass and when to shoot. Love the play at :57 where the play is going nowhere for his team so he makes something out of nothing, takes his man off the dribble, does a good enough job of dribble penetration to draw a 2nd defender and then dumps down a perfect pass to his big man for the layup.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,167

Post#210 » by playa-hater » Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 am

No matter who is coaching or GM-ing this summer, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be brought in early (right before/during or after the draft) and get him in the summer league.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#211 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 12, 2021 3:39 am

Because he'd just waste a year of his NBA contract sitting on the bench. How is he going to get minutes over Kemba, Smart, Pritchard? Even Waters would be ahead of him next year potentially. Bring him over when you can play him 20 minutes a game.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#212 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Because he'd just waste a year of his NBA contract sitting on the bench. How is he going to get minutes over Kemba, Smart, Pritchard? Even Waters would be ahead of him next year potentially. Bring him over when you can play him 20 minutes a game.

lol Ohh...you don't know? Check this thread tomorrow. You're gonna get an explanation.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#213 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 12, 2021 5:22 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Because he'd just waste a year of his NBA contract sitting on the bench. How is he going to get minutes over Kemba, Smart, Pritchard? Even Waters would be ahead of him next year potentially. Bring him over when you can play him 20 minutes a game.

lol Ohh...you don't know? Check this thread tomorrow. You're gonna get an explanation.

I even like Madar, he looks like a surefire NBA rotation player. But he'll be 21 next year. And there are at least 3 PGs ahead of him on the roster. Anyone who wants to bring him over next year is just asking to waste a year of an NBA contract for no benefit. Even if you like him so much that you'd rank him above Pritchard (which is crazy), at most he's a 12 minute guy next year.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#214 » by grindtime22 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:34 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

I even like Madar, he looks like a surefire NBA rotation player. But he'll be 21 next year. And there are at least 3 PGs ahead of him on the roster. Anyone who wants to bring him over next year is just asking to waste a year of an NBA contract for no benefit. Even if you like him so much that you'd rank him above Pritchard (which is crazy), at most he's a 12 minute guy next year.

The only way I could see it is if they don't see a MLE target this year, but want to have it available the following year?
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#215 » by ParticleMan » Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 am

I'm hoping at least one of Kemba and Smart are traded. If not both. I'm pretty sure he'd be ahead of Tremont. At least he's not a midget. Tre may not be back either.

I'm definitely hoping he's our 3rd string pg. I think he could give Pritchard a run for his money.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#216 » by BillessuR6 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 am

He NEEDS to get to a Euroleague club next season...playing in Israeli league just won`t cut it.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#217 » by cloverleaf » Wed May 12, 2021 10:39 am

Read on Twitter
Hal14
RealGM

Post#218 » by Hal14 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:28 pm

thebirdman wrote:He NEEDS to get to a Euroleague club next season...playing in Israeli league just won`t cut it.

You do realize that the Israeli pro league is higher competition than NCAA, right?

Yet NBA teams all throughout the history of the game have had no problems with drafting kids out of college, putting them on NBA rosters and putting them into NBA games.

By your logic, every kid out of college should go from NCAA to the euroLeague before being able to play in the NBA :lol:
Hal14
RealGM

Post#219 » by Hal14 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 pm

ParticleMan wrote:

I'm hoping at least one of Kemba and Smart are traded. If not both. I'm pretty sure he'd be ahead of Tremont. At least he's not a midget. Tre may not be back either.

I'm definitely hoping he's our 3rd string pg. I think he could give Pritchard a run for his money.

Exactly.

Waters is gone. I believe both Waters and Tacko are at the limit for most seasons you can keep a guy on a 2 way contract so celtics need to either sign them a real contract this offseason or let them walk. Pretty obvious that they'll both walk.

Madar is clearly better than both Waters and Edwards. Plus Madar is 5 inches taller than Waters and 4 inches taller than Edwards.

You start Madar out as a 3rd string PG, bring him along slowly as he adjusts to the NBA game but by end of season he could be getting minutes over Pritchard..
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#220 » by BillessuR6 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Hal14 wrote:
thebirdman wrote:He NEEDS to get to a Euroleague club next season...playing in Israeli league just won`t cut it.

You do realize that the Israeli pro league is higher competition than NCAA, right?

Yet NBA teams all throughout the history of the game have had no problems with drafting kids out of college, putting them on NBA rosters and putting them into NBA games.

By your logic, every kid out of college should go from NCAA to the euroLeague before being able to play in the NBA :lol:

I am from Europe, so you do not have to tell me. But Israeli league is not a top league in Europe. I want him to got to eurolegaue club (or maybe to ACB to a team that plays in Eurocup) to play in much better competition.

Do not see us bringing him over next season with Kemba, Smart, Pritchard here, so he needs to go play at a higher level to improve. No point in staying at Hapoel, IMO.

Return to Boston Celtics