ImageImageImage

Trade Thread #6: I Wood Walk 500 Myles

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Will SmartWentCrazy come up with a worthy clap back at Cave?

Yes
27%
No
34%
TheTruth316
39%

Total votes: 67

Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Re: Trade Thread #6: I Wood Walk 500 Myles 

Post#1881 » by Saint Lazarus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:Steven Adams went for a first rounder heavily protected and a couple of seconds.

Even if we got Miles Turner we could have used him. That just seems like a good pickup.

I'm pretty confident Adams is solidly better than Turner or Theis. And we can always play Turner minutes at PF for spacing, heck we played Theis at PF for some time.

Steven Adams is a dinosaur dude
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#1882 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm

greenroom31 wrote:My take on the Hayward situation... first some stuff we know:

- Atlanta is out after the Gallinari signing
- The Knicks and Hayward are low on each others priority list... would only be if all else fails for both sides
- Indy wants Hayward and vice versa -- now it's just a negotiation over what they send in addition to Turner

Assuming that's all accurate, Ainge is now in control and his position will only get stronger once NY uses their cap space on other guys. Once they are gone as a stalking horse, Boston can beat anyone else's offer in terms of dollars and Hayward can't (credibly) threaten to leave with Boston getting nothing. Ainge can just tell Hayward and Indy that if they don't meet his demands, we'll re-sign Hayward.

The longer this goes on the more likely I think it is that we get Turner + something else of value or bring Hayward back.

This rational take doesn't really cure my impatience, does it now?
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#1883 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:05 pm

So Danny is Kemba in this gif.Image
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1884 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter

At least we're not the Magic or Pistons.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1885 » by greenroom31 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 pm

jirrit wrote:Yeah thats kinda what I meant. This all depends how desperate Indiana is gonna be IMO cause I dont see Ainge taking back bad contracts. Maybe if they attach a pick to Doug?

Seems like that's where this is headed. If rumors/reports are to be trusted we want Oladipo or Warren and they want to send us Dougie McD instead, so they need to find a way to sweeten the deal to bridge the gap. A pick would be the easiest way to solve, or Ainge can just wait for the other options to go away and stand firm on his ask.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#1886 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 pm

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#1887 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Steven Adams went for a first rounder heavily protected and a couple of seconds.

Even if we got Miles Turner we could have used him. That just seems like a good pickup.

I'm pretty confident Adams is solidly better than Turner or Theis. And we can always play Turner minutes at PF for spacing, heck we played Theis at PF for some time.

Steven Adams is a dinosaur dude

He's 27, an analytics darling, and his on off of is amazing unlike Mr. Turner.

Steven Adams on/off = +5.3
Myles Turner on/off = -3.3

There's your 3 point shooting big. I don't think people realize Theis is better than Turner on this board.

Defense matters. Rebounding matters. Setting screens in 2020 massively matters. And as we saw in the playoffs, physicality matters.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1888 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

I thought Bogdan's already signed.
Read on Twitter
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#1889 » by Drax » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh i remeber when the 76er fans went nuts about their lottery talent, MCW, Okafor and Noel. They all were supposed to be future all stars, look at them now ...
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#1890 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Yeah thats kinda what I meant. This all depends how desperate Indiana is gonna be IMO cause I dont see Ainge taking back bad contracts. Maybe if they attach a pick to Doug?

Seems like that's where this is headed. If rumors/reports are to be trusted we want Oladipo or Warren and they want to send us Dougie McD instead, so they need to find a way to sweeten the deal to bridge the gap. A pick would be the easiest way to solve, or Ainge can just wait for the other options to go away and stand firm on his ask.

Like we gave Cleveland a second rounder as an addition to IT because he was kinda ruined lol
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#1891 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Remember when Dougie McBuckets used to slide into Taylor Swifts DM’s all the time?
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#1892 » by Jammer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
Jammer wrote:I have no problem with McDermott.

I do. Terrible defender who would never see the floor in Boston. Froob has it right. They've been trying to dump him with no takers. Major negative asset.

As for Turner, Theis is a better player. Smaller but better. And TimeLord protects the rim as well as Turner. If you believe in TimeLord's development, Turner is another negative asset.

I thin Ainge has a right to insist on at least one positive asset from the deal, either Warren or a pick. Alternatively, the Pacers can keep Turner and give us Oladipo or Brogdon instead.

Aware of that concern, and because of the combined salaries, I can see why Ainge prefers positive assets. My whole point is Indiana is trying to dump TWO contracts and make Boston take back too much salary. It's really an impossible situation with all their bad contracts. Do I want McDermott and Turner. Not really. It would mean they probably need to dump Langford and Edwards in the deal someplace should they want to add a player at the deadline.

And if they don't want McDermott, it means they are going to start Nesmith at SF. The lineup becomes:
PF: Tatum / Grant
SF: Brown / Nesmith
SG: Smart / Brown / Langford
PG: Walker / Pritchard (damn, these guys are small)
C: Theis / Williams III / Turner

I can see Brown seeing minutes at SG if Nesmith is the flame thrower on catch & shoots that I expect him to be.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#1893 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Doug McDermotts salary isn't that bad BTW. 7.3 for this year and next. It isn't like he has a 20 million dollar contract.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#1894 » by Ben-N1ce » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:10 pm

This trade Should have already been done if McDermott and Turner where on the table. If he leaves for nothing when they could have gotten a reasonable return he should be fired which he won't of course.
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#1895 » by jirrit » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Drax wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh i remeber when the 76er fans went nuts about their lottery talent, MCW, Okafor and Noel. They all were supposed to be future all stars, look at them now ...

Ainge getting all the critics for “holding onto his warchest” while Philly blatantly tanked for Okafor, Noel, MCW & Embiid. Not even talking about that Fultz pick.

lol
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#1896 » by sully00 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:If reports are to be believed, I'm still unsure why Ainge wouldn't want McDermott + Turner. I feel like that's as good as it gets. No way they'd add Warren or a 1st on top of Myles.

Kemba | Brown | Tatum | Grant | Turner
Smart | Langford | Nesmith | McDermott | Theis
Pritchard | Edwards | Green | Gibson | Timelord

$132.33M. That's just under the tax.

Because that is an even trade and IMO Ainge thinks that an even trade is a losing trade. I know Oladipo is a question mark with his injures but asking for him or Warren and Turner is asking too much and Indy should justifiably be balking at the trade.

Exactly.

Ainge wants to be on the best end of every trade. Which normally is more than fine and that’s great to have a GM like that. But this is a unique situation where Gordo can just walk. Get anything for him. Especially if that anything is Myles Turner.

Gordon's ability to walk and get 100 mil dollars has gotten incredibly small. It looks like Ainge sat quietly in the corner watching Woj's twitter until all the cap space went and upped his ask while the other parties screwed around. I believe it is down to the Knicks having the cap space and they are only offering a two year deal and not anything close to 25 mil per. Maybe
nobody is but based on what we hear both Boston and Indiana are willing to go there.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#1897 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Writebloc wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:If Ainge bungles this and Hayward goes to NY due to believing that Danny isn't negotiating in good faith (hes not) then something needs to be done. You can't ask for Oladipo and Turner for Hayward when he could just walk.

Meanwhile...players are currently signing...not sure if Danny is aware or even cares.

You obviously have a bias against Ainge, but the Haywards have done this to themselves and made the negotiations harder on Indiana, Ainge being a good business person is not a fault in this situation it is a positive. The Haywards are all in on Indiana, everyone knows it, there's total transparency. He's not going to go to New York for less money, plus he doesn't want to be a Knick, so in this situation where Hayward wants to play in one specific location, and Indiana wants the services of Hayward Ainge has the leverage.

Ainge and the rest of the league know that Indiana wants to trade Turner away, the coach as well as multiple reporters have mentioned this - so Hayward for Turner is a no brainer part of this deal. Since the contracts don't add up Indy needs to give more. As it has also been highlighted Indy has been looking to dump McDermott since they signed his deal. That shouldn't be on Ainge to accept that bad money and as a fan of the team you should be able to respect that. Especially since we drafted a player that likely fits McDermott's role better than McDermott. The Celtics don't want to be in a position where they have to play Doug minutes and disrupt the development of Nesmith just because Indy wants to foist this contract on Boston to make this deal work for the Haywards who are already living in their palatial estate in Indiana,

Ainge has the leverage and that is why he's asking for either Oladipo or Warren. It isn't bargaining in bad faith, it is straight bargaining. Hayward wants his money, and he wants the Pacers. Danny is getting Turner, but the Celtics don't need to take on bad money to make this thing work for the Haywards.

Anyone who believes Danny does anything wrong has an agenda or bias against him. This has been the line on the site since always. You can't criticize "Trader Danny" ever.

So asking for the Pacers two best players for a guy who can literally walk out the door and sign elsewhere is negotiating in good faith? I think Ainge is good at his job in regards to trades. However, this is a different kind of circumstance where the player is able to legitimately control the situation and sign with the Knicks if these trade negotiations draw out. He's operating like that isn't an option. Sure maybe there's something he knows that we all don't but asking the other team for their two best players is not negotiating in good faith at all.
drs123310
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#1898 » by drs123310 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Dipo would likely mean Smart involved simply due to contracts, yeah? No thanks, especially because Victor would be expiring

What I realistically see happening is Warren coming in and Romeo or Edwards heading out perhaps also with a pick. Or, they meet in the middle on McDermott with a pick coming our way
The Truth hurts
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#1899 » by 31to6 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

I wonder how the Education Reform is going in Indiana.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#1900 » by Jammer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:12 pm

I have family business to attend to. Won't be back until around 7:30 PM.

Return to Boston Celtics