ImageImageImage

We still have JT

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

Tatumfor2
Senior
Posts: 748
And1: 1,313
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#21 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

BigTrade92 wrote:Future 2022 thread title: “Tatum requests to be traded”






I kid. Maybe.




Image
:violin:
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,752
And1: 64,531
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: We still have JT 

Post#22 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 am

Are we sure we still have him? :P

Image
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,825
And1: 9,069
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: We still have JT 

Post#23 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 am

What a beast. I wish I were a superstar athlete so I could troll my fans like that. I'll just stick with the avatar for now I guess.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
TommyPointGawd
Senior
Posts: 718
And1: 820
Joined: Jul 05, 2014
       

Re: We still have JT 

Post#24 » by TommyPointGawd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Now we have two JTs. All is well.
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
GregB
RealGM
Posts: 11,678
And1: 2,749
Joined: Sep 21, 2004
Location: South Shore, MA
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#25 » by GregB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 pm

jirrit wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Yeah but the guy who gave the Celtics zero playoff production in three years is gone.


140 Play-off points over three seasons and we want to fire Ainge because he let him walk for nothing while getting a 4 year 120 million contract is one way to look at it ;-)



I don’t want to fire him. But I am definitely pissed at ainge for being so greedy. He overplayed his hand yet again and it blew up in his face. If we had agreed to the turners McDermott deal at the start of free agency , we wouldn’t have had to worry about Charlotte swooping in. That’s what happens when you get too cute.

Say what you want about Turner and McDermott. But having those contracts would have given us a lot more roster flexibility moving forward. We could make more deals without having to include core players. That’s why people are so mad.

It was the same **** with Kyrie. The whole world was saying he was leaving and Ainge gave that embarrassing interview about being engaged. We should have moved him at the deadline too. We have squandered too many assets.
dans1230
Sophomore
Posts: 193
And1: 182
Joined: Oct 18, 2018
   

Re: We still have JT 

Post#26 » by dans1230 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 pm

I wouldnt be too surprised if secretly JT and JB are smiling a little watching Gordon leave. It will open up more shots for each of them. Consolidating those shots a bit could make for a smoother offensive flow. If playoff Tatum is a real thing he certainly could be around 25 to 27 ppg with Brown around 22ppg. If we can replace Gordons playmaking then we should be no worse off.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,580
And1: 3,824
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
Location: Belgium
Contact:
   

Re: We still have JT 

Post#27 » by jirrit » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:08 pm

GregB wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Yeah but the guy who gave the Celtics zero playoff production in three years is gone.


140 Play-off points over three seasons and we want to fire Ainge because he let him walk for nothing while getting a 4 year 120 million contract is one way to look at it ;-)



I don’t want to fire him. But I am definitely pissed at ainge for being so greedy. He overplayed his hand yet again and it blew up in his face. If we had agreed to the turners McDermott deal at the start of free agency , we wouldn’t have had to worry about Charlotte swooping in. That’s what happens when you get too cute.

Say what you want about Turner and McDermott. But having those contracts would have given us a lot more roster flexibility moving forward. We could make more deals without having to include core players. That’s why people are so mad.

It was the same **** with Kyrie. The whole world was saying he was leaving and Ainge gave that embarrassing interview about being engaged. We should have moved him at the deadline too. We have squandered too many assets.


But Hayward signed for Charlotte so no trade was possible?
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
Posts: 10,990
And1: 15,040
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#28 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Not for long before GM lebron and klutch lure him over to LA. Use him while we got him.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jfs1000d
RealGM
Posts: 22,375
And1: 9,548
Joined: Jun 25, 2004

Re: We still have JT 

Post#29 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:What a beast. I wish I were a superstar athlete so I could troll my fans like that. I'll just stick with the avatar for now I guess.

Kobe just died. He was Tatum’s favorite player.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ernest
Pro Prospect
Posts: 751
And1: 591
Joined: Jun 16, 2019
 

Re: We still have JT 

Post#30 » by Ernest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:31 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:The problem is we are now stucked between two scenarios and can't do **** until Kemba is gone. We are a treadmill team with a putrid bench.

I've been saying for 3 months we either went all in on a Kemba-Hay-Jays core RIGHT NOW or we moved on from that and went full youth. But now we are stuck in the middle with barely no options to do neither.



Going full youth would be so stupid at this point. Tatum Brown and Smart are all still young but really good. Good enough that you're not going to tank into a star player without lotto luck. They need experience. Most Stars don't win in the playoffs right away. They also need some vets around them to help them grow. Trading off everyone for rookie contract guys would be about the worst thing we could do.
Tyakack
Veteran
Posts: 2,593
And1: 3,293
Joined: May 14, 2014
   

Re: We still have JT 

Post#31 » by Tyakack » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm

I'm already off the fire danny bandwagon. Not that I was ever really on it. I was just annoyed and when I'm annoyed people have to lose their jobs. That's just the way it is.
User avatar
big-shot-ROB
Pro Prospect
Posts: 995
And1: 952
Joined: May 18, 2017
   

Re: We still have JT 

Post#32 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Ernest wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:The problem is we are now stucked between two scenarios and can't do **** until Kemba is gone. We are a treadmill team with a putrid bench.

I've been saying for 3 months we either went all in on a Kemba-Hay-Jays core RIGHT NOW or we moved on from that and went full youth. But now we are stuck in the middle with barely no options to do neither.



Going full youth would be so stupid at this point. Tatum Brown and Smart are all still young but really good. Good enough that you're not going to tank into a star player without lotto luck. They need experience. Most Stars don't win in the playoffs right away. They also need some vets around them to help them grow. Trading off everyone for rookie contract guys would be about the worst thing we could do.


I said full youth, not tank mode. Smart-Brown-Tatum-Turner core makes the playoffs.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
GregB
RealGM
Posts: 11,678
And1: 2,749
Joined: Sep 21, 2004
Location: South Shore, MA
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#33 » by GregB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:55 pm

jirrit wrote:
GregB wrote:
jirrit wrote:
140 Play-off points over three seasons and we want to fire Ainge because he let him walk for nothing while getting a 4 year 120 million contract is one way to look at it ;-)



I don’t want to fire him. But I am definitely pissed at ainge for being so greedy. He overplayed his hand yet again and it blew up in his face. If we had agreed to the turners McDermott deal at the start of free agency , we wouldn’t have had to worry about Charlotte swooping in. That’s what happens when you get too cute.

Say what you want about Turner and McDermott. But having those contracts would have given us a lot more roster flexibility moving forward. We could make more deals without having to include core players. That’s why people are so mad.

It was the same **** with Kyrie. The whole world was saying he was leaving and Ainge gave that embarrassing interview about being engaged. We should have moved him at the deadline too. We have squandered too many assets.


But Hayward signed for Charlotte so no trade was possible?


Yeah he did 2 days into free agency after rumors we were holding out for more in a sign and trade with Indiana. If we had consumated that deal at the beginning of FA, Hayward would have already committed to indiana.
jfs1000d
RealGM
Posts: 22,375
And1: 9,548
Joined: Jun 25, 2004

Re: We still have JT 

Post#34 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm

GregB wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GregB wrote:

I don’t want to fire him. But I am definitely pissed at ainge for being so greedy. He overplayed his hand yet again and it blew up in his face. If we had agreed to the turners McDermott deal at the start of free agency , we wouldn’t have had to worry about Charlotte swooping in. That’s what happens when you get too cute.

Say what you want about Turner and McDermott. But having those contracts would have given us a lot more roster flexibility moving forward. We could make more deals without having to include core players. That’s why people are so mad.

It was the same **** with Kyrie. The whole world was saying he was leaving and Ainge gave that embarrassing interview about being engaged. We should have moved him at the deadline too. We have squandered too many assets.


But Hayward signed for Charlotte so no trade was possible?


Yeah he did 2 days into free agency after rumors we were holding out for more in a sign and trade with Indiana. If we had consumated that deal at the beginning of FA, Hayward would have already committed to indiana.

None of that is true. And, mcd and turner aren’t great contracts. Turner is 3 years $18 per. Give me a break. Chokes us. TPE much more valuable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GregB
RealGM
Posts: 11,678
And1: 2,749
Joined: Sep 21, 2004
Location: South Shore, MA
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#35 » by GregB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
GregB wrote:
jirrit wrote:
But Hayward signed for Charlotte so no trade was possible?


Yeah he did 2 days into free agency after rumors we were holding out for more in a sign and trade with Indiana. If we had consumated that deal at the beginning of FA, Hayward would have already committed to indiana.

None of that is true. And, mcd and turner aren’t great contracts. Turner is 3 years $18 per. Give me a break. Chokes us. TPE much more valuable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What isn’t true? The information that was widely reported by every major outlet that Hayward preferred Indiana.

The information out of Hayward’s mouth that Jordan hadnt called him until late Friday night and that Charlotte didn’t increase their offer until Harrel signed with the Lakers?

Well hopefully we get that trade exception. No confirmation on that yet.
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,063
And1: 6,306
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#36 » by ParticleMan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 pm

GregB wrote:
jirrit wrote:
GregB wrote:

I don’t want to fire him. But I am definitely pissed at ainge for being so greedy. He overplayed his hand yet again and it blew up in his face. If we had agreed to the turners McDermott deal at the start of free agency , we wouldn’t have had to worry about Charlotte swooping in. That’s what happens when you get too cute.

Say what you want about Turner and McDermott. But having those contracts would have given us a lot more roster flexibility moving forward. We could make more deals without having to include core players. That’s why people are so mad.

It was the same **** with Kyrie. The whole world was saying he was leaving and Ainge gave that embarrassing interview about being engaged. We should have moved him at the deadline too. We have squandered too many assets.


But Hayward signed for Charlotte so no trade was possible?


Yeah he did 2 days into free agency after rumors we were holding out for more in a sign and trade with Indiana. If we had consumated that deal at the beginning of FA, Hayward would have already committed to indiana.


twitter rumors aren't usually the full story. i could easily have seen MJ call up gordon at the start of free agency and say look, we're going after montrezl but if that fails, you're our guy and we're going to make you an offer you can't refuse, just don't say anything and don't sign anything. i highly doubt MJ decided to give gordon 4/120 on the spur of the moment. then harrell fell thru and MJ made his offer, which was way more than Indy was willing to give. nothing ainge could have done about any of that.
jfs1000d
RealGM
Posts: 22,375
And1: 9,548
Joined: Jun 25, 2004

Re: We still have JT 

Post#37 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Hayward signed a restricted free agent deal with the tHen Bobcats about six years ago. Utah matched. I think he felt very comfortable with city and team. Good spot for him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BostonCouchGM
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,261
And1: 821
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: We still have JT 

Post#38 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 pm

yeah, as long as you have Tatum, Brown and Smart we'll be a competitive team. My big concern is how long will Tatum accept not making NBA Finals and playing on the game's biggest stage? Nobody wants to waste their career and hurt their legacy. He's been blessed up until now. But if we fail to get to the Finals over the next 2-3 years I don't think he is going to want to enter his prime here. That's why it was imperative not to blow the 2019 draft like Danny did or this offseason. I just can't see him being happy on a treadmill team in a small market.
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,326
And1: 24,259
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: We still have JT 

Post#39 » by The Comedian » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm

And JT has bread.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,063
And1: 6,306
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: We still have JT 

Post#40 » by ParticleMan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:08 pm

and bread has jam.

Image

Return to Boston Celtics