ImageImageImage

Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1981 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Scoonie wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't keep up with all that. Is she Deuce's Mom? The other girlfriend he had? Somebody new?

She looks like somebody new, but not entirely sure. She looks a little like his high school girlfriend/Deuce's Mom, but don't think it's her.

Yassss account on Twitter is just a Tatum fan. Even says so on her profile. I think she's quoting Tatum's mom.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,445

Post#1982 » by Scarletfire81 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:39 pm

LOL

Read on Twitter
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1983 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 pm

She's just a fan, and her post was mocking Robyn's goodbye post.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1984 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Read on Twitter
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#1985 » by CeltsfaninDC » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:42 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Imagine not wanting to move brown for beal and James harden lol

Imagine thinking you could get either of those two with Brown. One of the reasons why WAS wont trade him is because they know they wont get value back. But you keep on with the passive aggressive stuff.

I’m not passive aggressive....I’m totally aggressive on that we will be treading water in exactly 24 months, totally aggressive that people who wouldn’t trade brown for either- are fools. I’m all on in that.

Nothing to be passive about and I’ve already told you that you’re completely detached from how the new nba works if you expect superstars to be traded with extensions baring extreme rarities . Moron level stuff. You have no idea whether or not brown could be a center piece in a harden trade because u also don’t have the balls to even try.

It’s funny too because in your own post earlier u say “I’d be willing to trade for beal” but not for brown.....like Walker would get the deal done and even more asinine thinking by you not to include brown (your own words) if he was available.

So again I won’t be passive.......not including brown for beal is moron level stuff by you & next level stupid not to include him for harden. Terrible.

So you think WAS is handing you Beal for Brown straight up and I'm the moron? They aren't trading him for anything right now, but you just want to go on and on about more stuff that'll never happen so you can continue to complain about DA? Why not go on a rant about AD? HE's actually not under contract and has about the same odds of coming here as Beal?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#1986 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:42 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ainge really likes to stretch things out
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,674

Post#1987 » by The Corey's » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:43 pm

LETS GOOOOOOOOO
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#1988 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1989 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ainge really likes to stretch things out

I don't believe the hold-up is on our end. We don't want to take on the salary of Batum or Zeller or even Rozier. It's finding the third team which is probably proving to be difficult. Technically, Hornets can just cut us off and shed salary if they can find that team to absorb $7M+ in salary difference to open up the space for Hayward.

Batum and Tatum on the same team would be funny. Owners won't find paying the tax funny though.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1990 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Knicks have about $18M of cap space. TRo and NYK had mutual interest last offseason before Hornets signed him. Rozier's salary is almost $19M. Knicks just need to send back their lowest guaranteed salary to make this work.

Again, they can just not involve the Celtics. So no TPE for us. *sad face*
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#1991 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Wasn't Terry pretty decent last season? I'm surprised they would just want to dump him.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#1992 » by ThirtyFour » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Tread Thread #9: All Day Long I Think About S&T
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1993 » by ddb » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:58 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:Wasn't Terry pretty decent last season? I'm surprised they would just want to dump him.

the problem with Terry and we should know this pretty well by now is that he plays like an All-Star one night, then a G-Leaguer the next. He's also not very good at coming off the bench.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#1994 » by sully00 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
sully00 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Of course he is. That’s the whole point trade in an ok-good player for an elite one. Beals defense sucked last year but on a good team he’ll be engaged and is capable. Either way no brainer

To me this is at a tipping point. 2 years ago sure Brown for Beal no problem, last year sure. Now it gets a lot more iffy. Over the last 3 years Brown has shot the 3 better than Beal. Beal is superior play maker and volume scorer but I am not necessarily looking for that guy right now. Brown has much better size, rebounding and defense couldn't even be more different.

So now Brown is 23 and will cost 26 mil less than Beal over the next 3 years and has another year to go on his deal no player option.
Beal is 27 and he is going to cost $6 mil more next year, 10 mil more in 21-22, and then he would cost 11 mil more in 22-23 except that is a player option when he is 30 years old. Add to this a 15% Trade kicker that may or may not have any implication because he is probably already maxed out.

I don't want the Bradley Beal that has been in WAS the last two years I want the guy who is more efficient smaller usage and don't know that he is going to produce that much more than Brown if feels like getting older and lighting money on fire. Brown is already scoring 20ppg and helping you win playoff series he isn't potential anymore.

Now if I can turn Walker or his money into Beal and play him in a backcourt with Smart with Brown and Tatum on the wing now you have my attention.

Beal does it as a number 1 option with the other teams entire defense focused on him. He’s the game plan. Wizards are coming to town- the film is all about beal. brown is the 3rd option and at points a 4th option. Why would we not want to bring in a player who by your own accounts is a better play maker & scorer.

Brown has u guys fooled. To his credit he does his role great, he beats up on other 3 and 4th options and hits the corner 3 at an elite level. Beal is better off ball, better play maker, friends with Tatum and has played close to all nba level.

Because he doesn't necessarily fit with the other two guys I am paying max money to as well as Brown. Walker and Beal are going to have the same issues defensively that Lillard and McCollum have. Trust me that is a massive issue POR is the 28th worst team defensively in the NBA in DRTG and their star backcourt is 4 or 5 points worse than the team. Beal is just as bad on the worst defensive team in the NBA.

This team isn't starting from scratch, guys get better year over year is development not fools gold. Trading 23 years old who are winning playoff series for 27 year olds who can't make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference is how you get fired.

It isn't about whether Brown is better than Beal they different players. What matters is how they are going to fit in with your current team that already has #1 scorer and a small playmaking guard. Replacing Walker with Beal would be great but switching Brown and Beal changes the entire identity of your team. This team was already the 4th best offense in the NBA based on ORTG and the 4th best team in the league in DRTG that is what championships are made off. If anything you double down on that defensive identity not sacrifice it for more offense.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1995 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:Imagine thinking you could get either of those two with Brown. One of the reasons why WAS wont trade him is because they know they wont get value back. But you keep on with the passive aggressive stuff.

I’m not passive aggressive....I’m totally aggressive on that we will be treading water in exactly 24 months, totally aggressive that people who wouldn’t trade brown for either- are fools. I’m all on in that.

Nothing to be passive about and I’ve already told you that you’re completely detached from how the new nba works if you expect superstars to be traded with extensions baring extreme rarities . Moron level stuff. You have no idea whether or not brown could be a center piece in a harden trade because u also don’t have the balls to even try.

It’s funny too because in your own post earlier u say “I’d be willing to trade for beal” but not for brown.....like Walker would get the deal done and even more asinine thinking by you not to include brown (your own words) if he was available.

So again I won’t be passive.......not including brown for beal is moron level stuff by you & next level stupid not to include him for harden. Terrible.

So you think WAS is handing you Beal for Brown straight up and I'm the moron? They aren't trading him for anything right now, but you just want to go on and on about more stuff that'll never happen so you can continue to complain about DA? Why not go on a rant about AD? HE's actually not under contract and has about the same odds of coming here as Beal?

I thought you were smart enough to realize that brown is the center piece. Pretty easy to realize by looking at our roster he’d have to be the foundation of any trade for a beal or another all star/ all nba level player. I guess I gave u to much credit tho and have to spell everything out for you.

This a trade thread btw and we do hypotheticals all the time. I’m not complaining about DA- I’m coming at green glassed delusional homers like you who wear Celtics underRoos and read Larry bird’s drive every night even with the sticky pages getting in the way.

Danny ainge isn’t the problem. He get it. He would absolutely move brown for Beal. And beard. It’s the same reason even bulpett said they sniffed around on harden.....who do u think would be going out in a harden trade genius? Spoiler alert ; not Tatum.

And you’re wrong by the deadline or at the very worst by the end of the season beal will be asking out and be on the move and you still won’t want to move brown then either because you’re ok with being ok and you’re a total 100% blinded homer
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1996 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:03 pm

sully00 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
sully00 wrote:
To me this is at a tipping point. 2 years ago sure Brown for Beal no problem, last year sure. Now it gets a lot more iffy. Over the last 3 years Brown has shot the 3 better than Beal. Beal is superior play maker and volume scorer but I am not necessarily looking for that guy right now. Brown has much better size, rebounding and defense couldn't even be more different.

So now Brown is 23 and will cost 26 mil less than Beal over the next 3 years and has another year to go on his deal no player option.
Beal is 27 and he is going to cost $6 mil more next year, 10 mil more in 21-22, and then he would cost 11 mil more in 22-23 except that is a player option when he is 30 years old. Add to this a 15% Trade kicker that may or may not have any implication because he is probably already maxed out.

I don't want the Bradley Beal that has been in WAS the last two years I want the guy who is more efficient smaller usage and don't know that he is going to produce that much more than Brown if feels like getting older and lighting money on fire. Brown is already scoring 20ppg and helping you win playoff series he isn't potential anymore.

Now if I can turn Walker or his money into Beal and play him in a backcourt with Smart with Brown and Tatum on the wing now you have my attention.

Beal does it as a number 1 option with the other teams entire defense focused on him. He’s the game plan. Wizards are coming to town- the film is all about beal. brown is the 3rd option and at points a 4th option. Why would we not want to bring in a player who by your own accounts is a better play maker & scorer.

Brown has u guys fooled. To his credit he does his role great, he beats up on other 3 and 4th options and hits the corner 3 at an elite level. Beal is better off ball, better play maker, friends with Tatum and has played close to all nba level.

Because he doesn't necessarily fit with the other two guys I am paying max money to as well as Brown. Walker and Beal are going to have the same issues defensively that Lillard and McCollum have. Trust me that is a massive issue POR is the 28th worst team defensively in the NBA in DRTG and their star backcourt is 4 or 5 points worse than the team. Beal is just as bad on the worst defensive team in the NBA.

This team isn't starting from scratch, guys get better year over year is development not fools gold. Trading 23 years old who are winning playoff series for 27 year olds who can't make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference is how you get fired.

It isn't about whether Brown is better than Beal they different players. What matters is how they are going to fit in with your current team that already has #1 scorer and a small playmaking guard. Replacing Walker with Beal would be great but switching Brown and Beal changes the entire identity of your team. This team was already the 4th best offense in the NBA based on ORTG and the 4th best team in the league in DRTG that is what championships are made off. If anything you double down on that defensive identity not sacrifice it for more offense.

And I totally disagree that beal wouldn’t fit. He’s better off ball, off screens, off ATO’s, sideline plays, better play maker. Just better. Walker isn’t getting traded for beal it’s not even worth discussion. We can however sell high on brown and get a beal and we should before it’s too late.

You can say all the stats you want about this team but this team is not a contender. It’s not gonna be a true finals contender either. Not with brown as your number 2. Not gonna happen. Upgrade the roster with a guy like beal and pair him with Tatum and u can put pieces around them after. Get the talent first.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#1997 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:Am guessing the Knicks will trade for Rozier, which opens cap space for Hayward.

Not so sure. Knicks saving cap space for 2021

No, 90% rule.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#1998 » by Parliament10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:07 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

I thought you were smart enough to realize that brown is the center piece. Pretty easy to realize by looking at our roster he’d have to be the foundation of any trade for a beal or another all star/ all nba level player. I guess I gave u to much credit tho and have to spell everything out for you.

This a trade thread btw and we do hypotheticals all the time. I’m not complaining about DA- I’m coming at green glassed delusional homers like you who wear Celtics underRoos and read Larry bird’s drive every night even with the sticky pages getting in the way.

Danny ainge isn’t the problem. He get it. He would absolutely move brown for Beal. And beard. It’s the same reason even bulpett said they sniffed around on harden.....who do u think would be going out in a harden trade genius? Spoiler alert ; not Tatum.

And you’re wrong by the deadline or at the very worst by the end of the season beal will be asking out and be on the move and you still won’t want to move brown then either because you’re ok with being ok and you’re a total 100% blinded homer

This post, and that last one referenced here, are both totally off.
Personal Attacks.

You're getting an Official Warning for this.
Stop it.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,954

Post#1999 » by leper-con » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:07 pm

I can't believe we are still awaiting the Toilet Paper Exception.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#2000 » by sully00 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
sully00 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

And I totally disagree that beal wouldn’t fit. He’s better off ball, off screens, off ATO’s, sideline plays, better play maker. Just better. Walker isn’t getting traded for beal it’s not even worth discussion. We can however sell high on brown and get a beal and we should before it’s too late.

You can say all the stats you want about this team but this team is not a contender. It’s not gonna be a true finals contender either. Not with brown as your number 2. Not gonna happen. Upgrade the roster with a guy like beal and pair him with Tatum and u can put pieces around them after. Get the talent first.

Look at this way this is the best comparison I can come up with. The Warriors saying no thanks to Kevin Love for Klay Thompson. Kevin Love was the better player than Thompson but he didn't fit what the team was doing as well they go on and win a title. It isn't clear cut the Cavs beat the Warriors with Love two years later.

Boston by definition is a contender and you are focused way too much on one side of the court. I think it is fair to say that Walker is Boston number 2 option but what Brown has shown over his short career is a flair for turning it up in the post season. I will take that any day.

Go look as the list of NBA Champs and their defensive ratings. Usually you need to be in the top 10 in both ORTG and DRTG to win a championship. The Lakers were 11th in ORTG and 3rd DRTG.

If you can sub Walker for Beal I agree you could be a better team. But subbing Beal for Brown in the same backcourt with Kemba you going to get lit up.

Return to Boston Celtics