ImageImageImage

Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Re: Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#1361 » by Skybox » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 pm

yeleven11 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
yeleven11 wrote:
So what happens when you hire one of those guys and turn out to be worse than Brad?? New and different doesnt always mean better.

I dunno. What happens when you hire those coaches (one was a woman, not a man, btw) and they turn out to be better than Brad?? Sometimes a new approach IS better. I don't get the point of this question. In other news, what happens if you leave your house and get hit by a crosstown bus??

My point was that the grass isnt always greener on the other side. If you hire one of them, you better be sure theyre better than brad.

You should absolutely fire both Danny and Brad...send them to ORL please.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,881

Post#1362 » by BK_2020 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 pm

As long as it's not Greg Monroe.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#1363 » by Skybox » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:The biggest fraud, though, is Gregg popovich. Never played in college, an AAU coach who's probably a CIA plant inside the NBA. He's the biggest reason why the Spurs never won anything, because no NBA player respects a coach who doesn't know what it's like to play in the NBA.

Red Auerbach never played in the NBA.

I don't know that he ever called a play...but he was such a gangster of a GM he didn't need to coach. :nod:
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,510

Post#1364 » by VeryMuchWoke » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Zarren is a beast. I hope he's next to take the reigns in the front office (he must be, right? Nepotism still worries me a bit).
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#1365 » by RickyDizzle » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:43 pm

Isnt this thread about trades? Getting ruined by fire danny and brad talk. Start a new thread to talk that ish.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#1366 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:53 pm

BK_2020 wrote:The biggest fraud, though, is Gregg popovich. Never played in college, an AAU coach who's probably a CIA plant inside the NBA. He's the biggest reason why the Spurs never won anything, because no NBA player respects a coach who doesn't know what it's like to play in the NBA.

Actually, Pop was a good college player, who Tommy Heinsohn felt deserved to be on Team USA.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1367 » by Ernest » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:05 pm

RickyDizzle wrote:Isnt this thread about trades? Getting ruined by fire danny and brad talk. Start a new thread to talk that ish.

Or just use one of the old ones.

We have to have some of the dumbest fans of any team out there. I won't say the dumbest fan base as there are a lot of bright fans, but the sheer number of people wanting to fire Ainge. The 50% who didn't want to trade for KG because Al Jefferson was going to be better. It's mind boggling. Ya can try to write it off as just a few, but it's a real sizable chunk.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#1368 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:13 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:I’m not ready to fire brad at all and I damn sure ain’t firing ainge....I just joined a conversation that was 3 pages long already. Couldn’t careless if we never talked about it again.

I'll accept my portion of blame for the hijacking of this thread. It was unintentional. I thought I was merely answering a question about alternatives to Brad IF he was to be fired and my conversation with yeleven11 (who really was gracious about it) just kind of extended the debate. As he said, it's not that big a deal. We know that nothing is happening. We can get back to trades and such.

EDIT: FWIW, I've stated elsewhere and still am not certain if Stevens is our guy to take us to the promised land but time will tell.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#1369 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:18 pm

I would trade Brad Stevens for Giannis. Hit two birds with one stone. Make almost everybody happy. (Can't possibly please everyone no matter what we do.) While also being on-topic.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#1370 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm

I think we all expect we WON’T use the TPE. At least not this year, right? Still fun to talk about and play couch gm. Sometimes I think people get sarcastic or angry with other people ‘cuz they think the other person’s ideas are insane. Then people dig up a person’s precious opinion to take down a person . But I like to think when reading what others wrote as if they’re just thinking out loud.I don’t think these things have to be anything more than that. Now let’s trade Jaylen brown for PJ Tucker.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1371 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:35 pm

I think the mini TPE should be used if any semi decent vet wing/guard who can shoot the 3 and play solid defense is available.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#1372 » by La Flame » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:46 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:I think the mini TPE should be used if any semi decent vet wing/guard who can shoot the 3 and play solid defense is available.

You answered yourself bro
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#1373 » by bisme37 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:02 pm

I can't help but notice none of the moves we've advocated here have actually come to fruition. Anyone know what's going on there?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1374 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:02 pm

Got a feeling we trade for Barnes in the next few weeks. Simmons and Jackie Mac were talking about him on their most recent podcast and it feels like they know something may be up.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#1375 » by Bohemian » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:05 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Got a feeling we trade for Barnes in the next few weeks. Simmons and Jackie Mac were talking about him on their most recent podcast and it feels like they know something may be up.

That would be exactly what we need. I hope it´s true
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#1376 » by GoGreen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:06 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Got a feeling we trade for Barnes in the next few weeks. Simmons and Jackie Mac were talking about him on their most recent podcast and it feels like they know something may be up.

Man I hope so. That's the guy I'm looking at. Perfect fit. What's the podcast called?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1377 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:07 pm

GoGreen wrote:

Man I hope so. That's the guy I'm looking at. Perfect fit. What's the podcast called?

Its on Bill Simmons podcast from yesterday
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#1378 » by CelticFaninLBC » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Any idea what Sac would want in return? Am guessing this would essentially be a salary dump for Sac.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1379 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm

CelticFaninLBC wrote:

Any idea what Sac would want in return? Am guessing this would essentially be a salary dump for Sac.

Guessing itd take something real. Maybe Nesmith. We’d then be in position to flip Theis to someone to get below the tax.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#1380 » by cl2117 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:54 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
CelticFaninLBC wrote:

Guessing itd take something real. Maybe Nesmith. We’d then be in position to flip Theis to someone to get below the tax.

If we are getting Barnes, I'd hope we get Whiteside as a throw in too. He's not getting any minutes behind Holmes/Bagley and on a year 1 vet min. Should only cost us a 2nd or two for him to be thrown in, plus gives us a legit 7 footer to replace Theis if/when we ship him out.

I think it could be as little as the Celtics 2021 FRP for Barnes. Saves the Kings a ton of money they'd get the TPE and the asset. I'm fine with Nesmith though if that's what it comes to.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.

Return to Boston Celtics