ImageImageImage

Hard to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Harden to Believe Ainge will Make any Move Soon Trade Thread 

Post#41 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:37 pm

Ernest wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Ernest wrote:
Ok thank you teacher. Please tell us more about how the nba works.

I mean he’s right tho

All star players are traded for fair value? I didn't realize that, well I guess you and Afam have taught me a thing or two.

There’s a lot you haven’t realized -like gay jokes in 2021 are really deplorable, outdated and say more about you then anything else and not in a positive way. That blatantly lying for likes and attention on the gb is pretty lame.

So we can just add this to list. No big deal
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#42 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:38 pm

What about:

Aaron Nesmith and Daniel Thies to N.O.P.
Nickiel Alexander-Walker and Jaxson Hayes to Boston?
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,484

Post#43 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:13 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:What about:

Aaron Nesmith and Daniel Thies to N.O.P.
Nickiel Alexander-Walker and Jaxson Hayes to Boston?

Yes If I though Nesmith was never going to get a chance. But I will wait longer. Not sure NOP makes this trade anyway.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#44 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:21 pm

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
Ernest wrote:When thinking about who to get as a mid season pickup- personality might be as important as anything. Last night in the heat game when Brown and Tatum went cold and we lost our early need, it seemed like we need someone to get people to snap out of the funk. A proven scorer off the bench would help, but we have guys who can score. Some of giving up leads in mental. I don't know who the right personality is, but that is an important question. As good as they are Brown and Tatum are still very young- like brain not fully developed young. Thats why Vice Carter and Rose appeal to me. If not them someone like them. A vet everyone will respect and listen too.

I actually agree with this sentiment but putting Vince Carter (retired and washed for years now) and Derick Rose in the same breath is interesting :lol:

I would take Rose but I think there could be better fits. I know he's improved his shot over the years but someone who is deadlier from three would be ideal. Preferably a real (s)wing player and not someone who is just forced off the ball because we have no other options.

Good for Vince he’s so athletic in his 40’s. But we’re talking about a player who never really worked on his game. All that athleticism and he’s shouting baseline long 2 fall aways. I loved him being on Orlando when we played against them. Shoot all you want Vince. Keep wasting your athletic ability. Keep NOT driving the lane. If there’s some wisdom he can impart in life that’s great. He may be a wonderful person. But I want none of his basketball influence rubbing off on anyone.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#45 » by jmr07019 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:35 pm

Ernest wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:On some fronts it makes sense to trade Theis. We have Thompson and Time Lord to play all the center minutes. Theis is expiring while the other 2 are under contract for next year. We will be up against or into the tax next year and likely can't afford to pay Theis even 15/year. In the same way that Hayward's departure allowed Brown to blossom I think trading Theis and forcing Brad to play Time Lord more would be great for the team.

On the other hand who is giving anything of value for Theis? He's an expiring, soon to be 29 year old undersized center. Bird rights don't come with the trade so you would need cap space to sign him in the offseason (unless you can get him for the MLE). We need a team looking to win that needs a center. That team potentially also needs to have cap space next year.

Maybe at the deadline a playoff team will be willing to overpay if their center goes down. But last time we traded a center midseason it didn't work out too well. I feel like losing Theis would hurt more than we think. Although it seems like the refs are not letting him do that pick a seal move anymore which was great last year.

Ok this is bothering me. Who is the last center we traded midseason? Al left in FA, Baynes was traded in the offseason, Kelly left in FA, KG traded in the offseason and it worked out ok I guess.....
Show Love Spread Love
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#46 » by Disinformation » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:37 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Ernest wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:On some fronts it makes sense to trade Theis. We have Thompson and Time Lord to play all the center minutes. Theis is expiring while the other 2 are under contract for next year. We will be up against or into the tax next year and likely can't afford to pay Theis even 15/year. In the same way that Hayward's departure allowed Brown to blossom I think trading Theis and forcing Brad to play Time Lord more would be great for the team.

On the other hand who is giving anything of value for Theis? He's an expiring, soon to be 29 year old undersized center. Bird rights don't come with the trade so you would need cap space to sign him in the offseason (unless you can get him for the MLE). We need a team looking to win that needs a center. That team potentially also needs to have cap space next year.

Maybe at the deadline a playoff team will be willing to overpay if their center goes down. But last time we traded a center midseason it didn't work out too well. I feel like losing Theis would hurt more than we think. Although it seems like the refs are not letting him do that pick a seal move anymore which was great last year.

Ok this is bothering me. Who is the last center we traded midseason? Al left in FA, Baynes was traded in the offseason, Kelly left in FA, KG traded in the offseason and it worked out ok I guess.....

I presume he's referring to the trade that sent Kendrick Perkins to OKC.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Post#47 » by SLCceltic » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:22 pm

could houston ever accept a package centered around Kemba and Smart for Harden ?? I mean isn't Smart, kemba Theis GrantW robW nesmith picks enough for a 32yr old superstar in Harden's current circumstances ??!

Wall and Kemba is not perfect match haha but kemba likely seems headed toward a 6th man role anyways...

If we get Tucker and Gordon back with Harden Houston can have anything they want except pRabbit

Harden
JB
JT
Tucker
TT
(WOW!!!)

PP & Egordon off bench and TPe to fill out roster
ROYALGREEN
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#48 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:40 pm

SLCceltic wrote:could houston ever accept a package centered around Kemba and Smart for Harden ?? I mean isn't Smart, kemba Theis GrantW robW nesmith picks enough for a 32yr old superstar in Harden's current circumstances ??!

Wall and Kemba is not perfect match haha but kemba likely seems headed toward a 6th man role anyways...

If we get Tucker and Gordon back with Harden Houston can have anything they want except pRabbit

Harden
JB
JT
Tucker
TT
(WOW!!!)

Not when Simmons is the other offer and not with multiple years on a deal. A kemba smart heavy pick package mayyyyyyyyybe works on a 1 year rental and that’s a maybe.

I will say brown has played so well to start the year I think Houston would take a brown deal now for much less then they would before allowing us to keep depth and maybe possibly over Simmons & we should capitalize.

But to answer your question, no a kemba package is not good enough. At all
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#49 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:51 pm

John Collins calling out Trae...turning down a good contract wants a max. I have zero interest in paying a max deal. Wonder if Houston would covet him allowing us to keep brown in a harden trade.

I like Collins and if we could get him he’d be good here also but I don’t wanna max him
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#50 » by djFan71 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:23 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:John Collins calling out Trae...turning down a good contract wants a max. I have zero interest in paying a max deal. Wonder if Houston would covet him allowing us to keep brown in a harden trade.

I like Collins and if we could get him he’d be good here also but I don’t wanna max him

You had me scared at first... then you said you didn't want to max him.

What would you think we would send ATL's way? I don't see Collins being enough, and if we have to send assets to get him and more assets to increase his value to Harden, I don't think we have them without Brown. Pretty much every rook/soph/pick????
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#51 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:57 am

djFan71 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:John Collins calling out Trae...turning down a good contract wants a max. I have zero interest in paying a max deal. Wonder if Houston would covet him allowing us to keep brown in a harden trade.

What would you think we would send ATL's way? I don't see Collins being enough, and if we have to send assets to get him and more assets to increase his value to Harden, I don't think we have them without Brown. Pretty much every rook/soph/pick????

Yea it’s probably a pipe dream in reality
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#52 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:20 am

djFan71 wrote:

I would say tho if you’re getting harden and pairing him with brown and Tatum which basically give u the best big 3 in the league and a legit title shot/ super team...you’re gonna have to give up smart and that’s a pill you’d swallow to do get that trio.

But ya just getting coll8ns cost assets then u have to also get harden. Not feasible
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#53 » by djFan71 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:28 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

I would say tho if you’re getting harden and pairing him with brown and Tatum which basically give u the best big 3 in the league and a legit title shot/ super team...you’re gonna have to give up smart and that’s a pill you’d swallow to do get that trio.

But ya just getting coll8ns cost assets then u have to also get harden. Not feasible

Oh yeah, they could pick anyone besides Tatum/Brown. Smart, Theis, Kemba, whoever. But, yeah, probably still not enough. I can kinda talk myself into something, then go back to Simmons beating anything without Brown.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#54 » by SLCceltic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:28 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:could houston ever accept a package centered around Kemba and Smart for Harden ?? I mean isn't Smart, kemba Theis GrantW robW nesmith picks enough for a 32yr old superstar in Harden's current circumstances ??!

Harden
JB
JT
Tucker
TT
(WOW!!!)

Not when Simmons is the other offer and not with multiple years on a deal. A kemba smart heavy pick package mayyyyyyyyybe works on a 1 year rental and that’s a maybe.

I will say brown has played so well to start the year I think Houston would take a brown deal now for much less then they would before allowing us to keep depth and maybe possibly over Simmons & we should capitalize.

what makes you think Simmons is on the table ?? if he were really on the table, something would be done already ...

Smart is the centerpiece of my proposal and kemba should come off the bench. Kemba always starts games cold and seems more suited as a super6th man anyways and they can have everyone of theis williams(s) nesmith romeo pick(s) all for a disgruntled 32yo superstar on a 2 yr deal in this market seems doable. who has more than that to give up right now ??
ROYALGREEN
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#55 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:30 am

SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Harden
JB
JT
Tucker
TT
(WOW!!!)

what makes you think Simmons is on the table ?? if he were really on the table, something would be done already ...

Smart is the centerpiece of my proposal and kemba should come off the bench. Kemba always starts games cold and seems more suited as a super6th man anyways and they can have everyone of theis williams(s) nesmith romeo pick(s) all for a disgruntled 32yo superstar on a 2 yr deal in this market seems doable. who has more than that to give up right now ??

He’ll be on the table...Morey wanted to see what he has on the roster. Kemba has zero value right now. Literally none. Harden is a top 6 player they will get a solid return.
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#56 » by SLCceltic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:36 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

He’ll be on the table...Morey wanted to see what he has on the roster. Kemba has zero value right now. Literally none. Harden is a top 6 player they will get a solid return.

I know Kemba has 0 value .... he would have to go to help make money work and bc he and Harden play exact same role for us !

Smart Theis Williams(s) romeo nesmith all starter potential plus picks .... ALL players very young with plenty of upside. lots of cheap young building blocks to replace one superstar a-hole who will never resign with houston. rockets could do ALOT worse
ROYALGREEN
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#57 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:37 am

SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:

I know Kemba has 0 value .... he would have to go to help make money work and bc he and Harden play exact same role for us !

Smart Theis Williams(s) romeo nesmith all starter potential plus picks .... ALL players very young with plenty of upside

Yes I think that could get us a little Caesar’s large pizza and If we haggle some cheesy bread
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#58 » by SLCceltic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:45 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Smart Theis Williams(s) romeo nesmith all starter potential plus picks .... ALL players very young with plenty of upside

Yes I think that could get us a little Caesar’s large pizza and If we haggle some cheesy bread

better get that Super cheese large, cheese in crust 2 ICBs !
ROYALGREEN
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#59 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:46 am

SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:I know Kemba has 0 value .... he would have to go to help make money work and bc he and Harden play exact same role for us !

better get that Super cheese large, cheese in crust 2 ICBs !

:lol:
SLCceltic
Veteran

Post#60 » by SLCceltic » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:50 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

idk man housrin could do alot worse than 6 young cheap starter potential prospects plus kemba and pick or 2 ... Jaylen is not going anywhere, if this package is not enuff Harden ain't coming
ROYALGREEN

Return to Boston Celtics