ImageImageImage

Potential Buyout Guys

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Potential Buyout Guys 

Post#81 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:13 pm

The Knicks can offer Drummond 5,6,7 millions dollars if they want (not saying they do) and he’s from nyc. I really don’t want Drummond I’d rather timelord get the minutes
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,863

Post#82 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:17 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Wagner isn't going to take G. Williams' minutes. He's going to replace Theis' minutes, along with more minutes for the TimeLord.

Combine numbers mean nothing to me. The question is, can Wagner play basketball in the context of what the Celtics are trying to do? Grant Williams has shown the ability to do that--sometimes. Wagner has shown nothing so far.

Wagner is not going to play when TT is available.

Yep. We're finally moving away from double-big lineups. So if everyone's healthy I imagine our main frontcourt to be Tatum/Thompson then Grant/Timelord or Semi/Grant if we want to go smaller for short stretches. Wagner would be that change-of-energy, break-glass-in-case-of-emergency guy or reliever for someone in foul trouble or injured.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#83 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:42 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Wagner isn't going to take G. Williams' minutes. He's going to replace Theis' minutes, along with more minutes for the TimeLord.

Combine numbers mean nothing to me. The question is, can Wagner play basketball in the context of what the Celtics are trying to do? Grant Williams has shown the ability to do that--sometimes. Wagner has shown nothing so far.

Yep. We're finally moving away from double-big lineups. So if everyone's healthy I imagine our main frontcourt to be Tatum/Thompson then Grant/Timelord or Semi/Grant if we want to go smaller for short stretches. Wagner would be that change-of-energy, break-glass-in-case-of-emergency guy or reliever for someone in foul trouble or injured.

I think Wagner is going to play more than you think.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#84 » by Ernest » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:Cap fellas, do we have any room to sign any of the mentioned options without triggering the repeater tax? If not and we scoop someone up I'd be kind of surprised but it would certainly signal we're pushing to right the ship and make some noise this season.

My assumption is that can sign a minimum contract and still be under the tax. I think there must be a decent chance we do as we probably could have kept Green or maybe even teague.

There is a zero percent chance we would have traded Theis to get under the tax just to sign a min contract and get back over it.
KingofTheClay
Junior
And1: 200

Post#85 » by KingofTheClay » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Wagner is gonna play. He’s our only big that can space the floor.

If anything I don’t think TT will play much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#86 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

I think Wagner is going to play more than you think.

I don't know what Stevens thinks of him. But knowing Brad, he trusts the players he trusts. Thompson and Timelord have the center minutes covered. Semi and Grant ahead of Wagner for the swing role. Both are better floor spacers.

Don't know much about Wagner honestly. Just that it takes time before Stevens plays someone unless it's a vet.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,947

Post#87 » by CelticsPride18 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:49 pm

KingofTheClay wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Wagner is gonna play. He’s our only big that can space the floor.

If anything I don’t think TT will play much.

He’s not a good shooter. Kornet is a better shooter than him.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#88 » by jfs1000d » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Drummond to me is the guy. Him an Rob at the centers would be terrific.

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#89 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#90 » by jfs1000d » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:51 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:The Knicks can offer Drummond 5,6,7 millions dollars if they want (not saying they do) and he’s from nyc. I really don’t want Drummond I’d rather timelord get the minutes

Drummond grew up in Middletown, CT. Knows Kemba well.

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#91 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:52 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:The Knicks can offer Drummond 5,6,7 millions dollars if they want (not saying they do) and he’s from nyc. I really don’t want Drummond I’d rather timelord get the minutes

Drummond grew up in Middletown, CT. Knows Kemba well.

Yup. I live about 20 minutes away. He’s also a Schwartz guy
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#92 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:53 pm

I would prefer Dieng to Drummond, except against Philadelphia.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#93 » by djFan71 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:Cap fellas, do we have any room to sign any of the mentioned options without triggering the repeater tax? If not and we scoop someone up I'd be kind of surprised but it would certainly signal we're pushing to right the ship and make some noise this season.

I do think we can waive Kornet and still sign someone to a rest-of-season minimum contract without triggering the tax.

yep, we have a little more than vet min now. And SWC mentioned we could even stretch Kornet to get extra $ under the cap if that makes the difference in getting a guy. Super unlikely, but possible.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#94 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:07 pm

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:

I do think we can waive Kornet and still sign someone to a rest-of-season minimum contract without triggering the tax.

yep, we have a little more than vet min now. And SWC mentioned we could even stretch Kornet to get extra $ under the cap if that makes the difference in getting a guy. Super unlikely, but possible.

And from what I gathered from Bobby Marks' tweet, cap hit is only the remainder of the season depending on when the buyout guy is signed. So we really might have more than enough room.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#95 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:09 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:I do think we can waive Kornet and still sign someone to a rest-of-season minimum contract without triggering the tax.

And from what I gathered from Bobby Marks' tweet, cap hit is only the remainder of the season depending on when the buyout guy is signed. So we really might have more than enough room.

Nice! This is why I come here.

KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,574

Post#96 » by KGtabake » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Stay. Away. From. Drummond.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#97 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm

If KO is bought out, he'd be a great fit in CHA. They need a stretch big. Will be fun to root for 3 ex-Cs on the same team.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#98 » by djFan71 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:56 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:If KO is bought out, he'd be a great fit in CHA. They need a stretch big. Will be fun to root for 3 ex-Cs on the same team.

Would be 4, soon to be 5. They got Wanamaker at the deadline and you know they'll end up with Theis this summer.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#99 » by GoGreen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Slim pickings on the buyout market. I'm fine not really picking up anyone. Just play Nesmith and Romeo more when he's back.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#100 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:15 pm

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:If KO is bought out, he'd be a great fit in CHA. They need a stretch big. Will be fun to root for 3 ex-Cs on the same team.

Would be 4, soon to be 5. They got Wanamaker at the deadline and you know they'll end up with Theis this summer.

I knew I was missing someone. I want AB there too but guy can't seem to stay healthy for more than a week. Plus they already have a ton of guards.

Return to Boston Celtics