ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: UTA 117, BOS 109 (20-19)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,086

Re: Post-Game Notes: UTA 117, BOS 109 (20-19) 

Post#161 » by fallguy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:33 pm

JHTruth wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Oh come on. That's nonsense and you know it.

131 committed with 11 guys. What do you expect us to do? Were virtually in the tax once will add the rest of the bodies. Not a lot of flexibility.

It's tough, but Danny will definitely be active this summer. I expect Kemba to be shopped heavily and there will be suitors. I expect them to add a Collins/Gordon type player.

Timelord will become a full-time starter. They will get better this offseason

For sure. And who knows? They might get better next week.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#162 » by exculpatory » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:54 pm

return2glory wrote:We lost because the inability for Smart to make shots and Semi giving us next to nothing in a starting role was too much to overcome.

Add that to Pritchard, Teague and Grant nothing giving us anything, you aren’t beating a team like Utah.

Tatum, Rob, Brown and Theis player well. Kemba was decent. The rest of the team sucked.

Danny and the owners could sit on their ass all they want, but this will be the 2nd straight year where they don’t add talent. This year is even worse because not only did we not add talent, we lost talent in Hayward and Kanter.

This is a lost season because our only hope is on Romeo Langford. And this dude needs an exorcist because he is cursed with injuries. All this time he was covid free and soon as he is cleared to finally play for the first time in 7 months, he comes down with it.

JT played his heart out.
JB was very good.
Kemba was average & puke when it mattered.
Rob & DT very good.

They literally slaughtered us from 3 & from the FT line - but we still should have beat this very good team!

Smart MUST give those 2 Pierce time shots he **** bricked to one of the Jays - more so JT.
Or the pre-Boston Killer Kemba who no longer seems to exist.

WE HAVE A HORRIFIC CLOSING TEAM.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#163 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 pm

exculpatory wrote:
return2glory wrote:We lost because the inability for Smart to make shots and Semi giving us next to nothing in a starting role was too much to overcome.

Add that to Pritchard, Teague and Grant nothing giving us anything, you aren’t beating a team like Utah.

Tatum, Rob, Brown and Theis player well. Kemba was decent. The rest of the team sucked.

Danny and the owners could sit on their ass all they want, but this will be the 2nd straight year where they don’t add talent. This year is even worse because not only did we not add talent, we lost talent in Hayward and Kanter.

This is a lost season because our only hope is on Romeo Langford. And this dude needs an exorcist because he is cursed with injuries. All this time he was covid free and soon as he is cleared to finally play for the first time in 7 months, he comes down with it.

JT played his heart out.
JB was very good.
Kemba was average & puke when it mattered.
Rob & DT very good.

They literally slaughtered us from 3 & from the FT line - but we still should have beat this very good team!

Smart MUST give those 2 Pierce time shots he **** bricked to one of the Jays - more so JT.
Or the pre-Boston Killer Kemba who no longer seems to exist.

WE HAVE A HORRIFIC CLOSING TEAM.

Charlotte fans warned us that Kemba had not been very successful in crunch time for them.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#164 » by ParticleMan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:27 pm

disappointingly but unsurprisingly, we're still a second tier NBA team that can hang with but not consistently beat the top teams. JB's made a leap but kemba has regressed. the latter is the killer -- a prime kemba makes this a totally different team. now he's basically a 3-and-no-d guy, and he doesn't hit 3's at nearly a high enough rate to justify that. once again, our prize FA is killed by injury, maybe more subtly than hayward but the net result is the same. has any other team had such absolute **** luck with FA injuries in the last decade? unreal.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,369

Post#165 » by Red2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:41 pm

The sad thing is that when we got into the 4th qtr and it was a close game I had zero confidence that we would win the game . I’ve been a life long Celtic fan for over 50 years and these days I barely watch the games even though I have league pass . I hate losing but more than that I hate our style of play and I hate knowing that if we get a lead we’re going to blow it and if we go into the 4th quarter and it’s close that the other team is going to win . It’s no longer enjoyable and this goes back to last year as well . Something has to change . Sure we don’t have enough talent but I really think stevens has taken Tatum and brown as far as he can . Her was given a stellar team with Kyrie Hayward Tatum brown Rozier Morris baynes smart and horford and he couldn’t get that team to work at some point Danny has to think about making a coaching change
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#166 » by keevsnick1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:50 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Team has one guy who can consistently get shots and efficiently hit them late in close games. I have some confidence that Jaylen can get better, but he consistently struggles in ISO, so who knows. Kemba is a lost cause, he’s been horrid late in close games for years.

They desperately need another guy who can hit shots late in games. Danny will say Romeo coming back will keep guys fresher for late in the games though, no worries y’all.

look at the stats, he needs to get a hell of a lot better!

This is not a critical post, it’s just going over what it is.

My concern with him late in games is I don’t think his half court offense is good enough to be a legit 2nd option as of now. This year his TS in the last 5 minutes of close games is 50.5%, and usually late in games it’s more ISO offense when defenses key in on you. This year he’s in the 31st percentile when he goes ISO, last year it wasn’t much better. He is not a good player when it’s him going 1 on 1, he’s still at his best as a catch and shoot guy, attacking mismatches, and getting out in transition.

His offense isn’t really a concern of mine, he tries his hardest out there, I just don’t think his game is equipped to handle that, at least as of now. His defense drives me crazy though, it’s a legitimate issue.

I dont really get the Jaylen ISO struggles really being an issue. You know who else has struggled in ISO this year? Tatum. Jaylen has scored .79 ppp in iso, Tatum is at .81, both well below. Yet Tatum has been good in the clutch.

I think if anything the issue is the Celtics ask Jaylen to play a completely different way in the clutch than the first 43 minutes. He becomes the corner three guy to space for kemba/tatum pick n rolls or iso's. He the ONLY gets the ball late shot clock which forces iso's. I think they have to find more creative ways to get him involved. I'm not really worried long term about him in clutch situations, he was actually good in the clutch last year
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#167 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
look at the stats, he needs to get a hell of a lot better!

My concern with him late in games is I don’t think his half court offense is good enough to be a legit 2nd option as of now. This year his TS in the last 5 minutes of close games is 50.5%, and usually late in games it’s more ISO offense when defenses key in on you. This year he’s in the 31st percentile when he goes ISO, last year it wasn’t much better. He is not a good player when it’s him going 1 on 1, he’s still at his best as a catch and shoot guy, attacking mismatches, and getting out in transition.

His offense isn’t really a concern of mine, he tries his hardest out there, I just don’t think his game is equipped to handle that, at least as of now. His defense drives me crazy though, it’s a legitimate issue.

I dont really get the Jaylen ISO struggles really being an issue. You know who else has struggled in ISO this year? Tatum. Jaylen has scored .79 ppp in iso, Tatum is at .81, both well below. Yet Tatum has been good in the clutch.

I think if anything the issue is the Celtics ask Jaylen to play a completely different way in the clutch than the first 43 minutes. He becomes the former three guy to space for kemba/tatum pick n rolls or iso's. I think they have to find more creative ways to get him involved. I'm not really worried long term about him in clutch situations, he was actually good in the clutch last year

Tatum hasn’t been good in ISO this year either, but he’s going ISO against loaded up defense. He also was in the 76th percentile as an ISO scorer last year, so he’s shown the ability. Jaylen this year is in the 30th percentile, last year he was in the 43rd percentile. It’s safe to say he struggles in isolation, and scoring late in games is almost always going to skewer more towards ISO.

Part of the reason Jaylen sees his usage go down late in games is because he’s not a real threat as an iso scorer. And yes he was better in the clutch last year, but he’s the no question 2nd option now, and deals with more defensive attention than he did last year when we had an efficient Kemba and Hayward.

I think he would benefit more than anyone else by them adding a Barnes type of player.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,883

Post#168 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is what Tatum meant when he said we're starting to play better. Problem is, the guys revert to bad habits in the 4th/clutch.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,031

Post#169 » by 1st banana » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:52 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Also, being a Filipino, I take pride whenever someone my race makes it big. My favourite famous Filipino list:

1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Bruno Mars
3. H.E.R.
4. zoya
5. Jalen Hands
Last place - Jordan Clarkson.

Anong balita koya, you forgot Lou diamond philips he’s gotta be top ten at least.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#170 » by Taget » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:52 pm

This is a team capable of winning a championship.
This is a team capable of making the finals.
This is a team capable of reaching the Eastern Conference finals
This is a team capable of reaching the playoffs.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

1st banana
Starter

Post#171 » by 1st banana » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Same **** different game. Looked great for stretches on both ends then hit gross lulls/stretches on both ends.

I absolutely hate how we defend the ball handler out of screens especially against a team like Utah. How many times did clarkson or mitchel come wide open off a screen even ingles a few times. It was almost like a weird drop switch everything mix that doesn’t stop anything.

Very frustrating still likes a lot of things tho the jays were great still some growing pains but just need to fill the roster out more obvi.
1st banana
Starter

Post#172 » by 1st banana » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:30 pm

The Comedian wrote:
keevsnick1 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

I think if anything the issue is the Celtics ask Jaylen to play a completely different way in the clutch than the first 43 minutes. He becomes the former three guy to space for kemba/tatum pick n rolls or iso's. I think they have to find more creative ways to get him involved. I'm not really worried long term about him in clutch situations, he was actually good in the clutch last year

Tatum hasn’t been good in ISO this year either, but he’s going ISO against loaded up defense. He also was in the 76th percentile as an ISO scorer last year, so he’s shown the ability. Jaylen this year is in the 30th percentile, last year he was in the 43rd percentile. It’s safe to say he struggles in isolation, and scoring late in games is almost always going to skewer more towards ISO.

Part of the reason Jaylen sees his usage go down late in games is because he’s not a real threat as an iso scorer. And yes he was better in the clutch last year, but he’s the no question 2nd option now, and deals with more defensive attention than he did last year when we had an efficient Kemba and Hayward.

I think he would benefit more than anyone else by them adding a Barnes type of player.

I feel like both of their iso problems stem from shot diet or getting away from strengths. Jaylen just needs to utilize his dribble drive/first step more instead of trying to shoot of the dribble.

Tatum is just shot diet he takes much better shots during his clutch ISO’s and I think that’s why he has a much better percentage then.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#173 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 pm

1st banana wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Also, being a Filipino, I take pride whenever someone my race makes it big. My favourite famous Filipino list:

1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Bruno Mars
3. H.E.R.
4. zoya
5. Jalen Hands

Anong balita koya, you forgot Lou diamond philips he’s gotta be top ten at least.

Let me revise my list:

1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Bruno Mars
3. H.E.R.
4. zoya
5. Arnel Pineda
6. Olivia Rodrigo
7. Lou Diamond Phillips
8. Lea Salonga
9. Ma-Anne Dinosio (I went to school with her sister!)
Last place - Jordan Clarkson

The list is fluid and changes often, depending on how often Zoya posts. Lol
1st banana
Starter

Post#174 » by 1st banana » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:10 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
1st banana wrote:

1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Bruno Mars
3. H.E.R.
4. zoya
5. Jalen Hands

Let me revise my list:

1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Bruno Mars
3. H.E.R.
4. zoya
5. Arnel Pineda
6. Olivia Rodrigo
7. Lou Diamond Phillips
8. Lea Salonga
9. Ma-Anne Dinosio (I went to school with her sister!)
Last place - Jordan Clarkson

The list is fluid and changes often, depending on how often Zoya posts. Lol

Lol strong list, I’d even throw Vanessa hudgens in there too she’d be in my top ten list fsho.

Return to Boston Celtics