ImageImageImage

“Ainge Too Proud To Beg” Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Re: “Ainge Too Proud To Beg” Trade Thread 

Post#1961 » by Ernest » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:15 pm

31to6 wrote:
Ernest wrote:You guys can keep telling yourselves that the size of someone's D doesn't matter, but it does, and that's why you are wrong and sad and alone.

sounds like something the cool, refreshing Goose IPA would say

It's so good.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#1962 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:16 pm

now they tryin to make TT the escape goat.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1963 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 pm

This team having chemistry issues should be of no surprise to anyone. How many of us have been singing this tune this year?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#1964 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:If we’re speculating about chemistry, Grant Williams sometimes looks frozen out of the offense relative to his ability..

He probably hogged all the bricks in their last game of Catan.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,593

Post#1965 » by bisme37 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:now they tryin to make TT the escape goat.

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#1966 » by 31to6 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:17 pm

next thread title:
"Maybe there is no trade thread"
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1967 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Could the next thread title have a "Mad Chemist(ry)" reference?
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1968 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Harden here def doesn’t make us the absolute favorite at all but he’d be off the nets. The nets then would have to rely on kyrie and Kd. KD whose been out for a while and still will be. That means your led by kyrie and there’s a high % dysfunction and imploding when he’s the leader.

Lakers are also battling injury. Philly is unproven in the post season as well. We get harden ainge is probably way more aggressive with the tpe and other moves right now. I just think there’s a trickle down effect on the roster and management. In the end maybe it’s not enough but we know historically u need an mvp and a top 10 guy.

We would have had that with harden and Tatum
Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
ddb wrote:
Curious to know.....Does anyone who said "heck no!" to the idea of a Brown/Smart for Harden trade earlier this year feel different now that we've seen Harden turn BK into a serious title contender? They were not that before they acquired Harden. Kyrie/Durant are incredibly talented but not too durable either. Harden has stabilized that team and is making everyone around him better. Would have been fun to see the type of impact he could have had on Boston & playing with Tatum. we think Timelord looks good now. Just imagine if he was playing with Harden.

I've always believed they were a serious title contender. They are a regular season juggernaut, but that isn't really new with Harden is it? We will see in the postseason. I like his chances much better now that he has 2 of the best closers in the game.

I have no major attachment to Brown, but I do think his value around the league is extremely high. It is probably higher than his actual impact. He is a premium young asset. If we are losing that and Smart on top of it, I still want to know if the player coming back wants to be here. I know some people view it as championship or bust, but I'm not rolling the dice if I think it is probable Harden walks at the end of the deal. If we were a true destination franchise, I would be more willing.

There is no doubt that Harden would put this team on a completely different level than our current performance. Our scrubs would not look like scrubs if Harden were delivering the ball. Timelord would look unbelievable if he had a player that was actually good at throwing the lob. Instead, we have guys that might be able to put it in the same zip code if they somehow recognize that the lob is available in the first place.

Harden was worth considering, but I ended up coming down to the realization that the following wasn't a title team:

Kemba/Pritchard
Harden/Langford
Tatum/Nesmith
Theis/GWill/Semi
RWill/Thompson

Even if you throw in PJ Tucker, or make a similar move, it's just not enough. Not this year or next. So what was the point as a go all-in to win-now trade?
In a vacuum it sounds nice but I agree. Pardon wouldn't move the needle enough for us when you have KD and Kyrie with depth. We would be absolute trash outside of Tatum and Harden and that just wouldn't be enough

moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#1970 » by moonie_mcgee » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 pm

deleted
That's the Way of the World
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1971 » by Ernest » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:I’d say smarts next contract is 17-20 range, I said 18-22 the other day but that’s probably a tad high. He’s at roughly 13 now and gonna get a raise so that starts at 16 then it depends on the market etc. a rebuilding team looking for a leader and someone to control the locker may push it to 20 & would likely over pay

But what is the max anyone can possibly pay him?

I think you are right that teams will "overpay", I put it in quotes because I think whetever we pay him will be a steal as he is the best defensive guard in the league.

I think someone will def offer him a max deal. There are lots of bad teams that can't get anyone. You have to spend up to the salary floor. If I was a bad team I'd pay Smart- He'd be a mini KG effect- meaning he'd come in and demand everyone play better- hussle more. I get that tweet about bad teams wanting him for the "culture change" or whatever it was.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1972 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Why is this the James Harden thread
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#1973 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Could the next thread title have a "Mad Chemist(ry)" reference?

Turns out there is such a song. The lyrics even fit trade season. (Love triangle, "hold cards close to your chest", "so frustrated", etc.)

Jaqua92
RealGM

Post#1974 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm

bisme37 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:KOC and Chris Vernon are saying that this team has big chemistry issues

Specifically Tristan Thompson. Basically they make him sound like he's a partier and the locker room doesn't love him

Kinda weird to hear this because our guys recruited Thompson in the offseason. And I'd always heard he's a really hard worker, despite being on the Kardashian show and all of that.

Read on Twitter
Lol Maybe Tatum and Brown are the ones responsible for the chemistry issues.

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1975 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:22 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Ok so here's what Vernon/KOC said about the chemistry:

--Smart trade rumors affecting the team a bit
--Due to Covid protocol, the Celtics locker room isn't big enough to have people 6 feet apart so they basically have to have 2 locker rooms for the vets and younger guys, which hasn't helped chemistry
--Tristan is not well liked, he's already back in Covid protocol and does not stop partying
--Execs told him that they think we do get Gordon though, has no idea if Smart or Fournier will be in the deal and thinks it's more complicated than being reported
--Smart and Danny have a great relationship so if Danny is willing to trade him, that says a lot about how he feels about the team

KOC is legit but the Smart stuff bothering the team is stupid because the news broke yesterday about possibly trading him.

Smart probably wants to be the starting PG and knows he cant be if Kemba is here. And Smart is aware his name is out there far before we are; David Aldridge also posted in the pre-season that Smart was available and I’d guess he remembers that better than you.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#1976 » by JHTruth » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:23 pm

31to6 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:KOC and Chris Vernon are saying that this team has big chemistry issues

Specifically Tristan Thompson. Basically they make him sound like he's a partier and the locker room doesn't love him

wait what

TT is a tool. Whomever thought this guy was this big mentor figure for Rob or whatever needs to be fired. Plus his guaranteed starting spot.
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#1977 » by danvato » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:23 pm

given the Gordon/Smart rumor, do you think Celtics would trade Smart for Dinwiddie and Bruce Brown?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1978 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:25 pm

danvato wrote:given the Gordon/Smart rumor, do you think Celtics would trade Smart for Dinwiddie and Bruce Brown?

No lol
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#1979 » by CeltsfaninDC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:On court chemistry..? He rebounds and defends well but has been a horrible fit offensively.

He's been a black hole anytime he gets the ball regardless if he is doubled, theres no shot to be had or someone else is wide open. I can understand the issues
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#1980 » by grindtime22 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:26 pm

moonie_mcgee wrote:I'd sell on right now: Smart, Thompson, Teague and Langford

And finish the season with:
Walker/Pritchard/Waters
Brown/Nesmith/Carsen
Tatum/Upgrade/Semi
Upgrade/Upgrade/GWill
RWill/Theis/Tacko

Focus on adding 3 front court players using our sell on players.
Finish out the season.

Do you work for the Pistons?

Return to Boston Celtics