ImageImageImage

Evan Fournier Appreciation Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Re: Welcome to Boston, Evan Fournier! 

Post#41 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:49 pm

KGboss wrote:
KGboss wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:I don’t mind. We need shooting and scoring help. We need Gordon next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gordon to Denver
:D
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Honestly Gordon is overrated. Hes a 15ppg 7rpg player that has yet to really break out beyond his dunk competition self. His skill set also wont age well.

Phew that was close :D
Gordon screen for Fournier? :nod:
That's the Way of the World
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#42 » by tlee324 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Fournier plays off the ball well, shoots well and doesn't require a ton of usage to get you 20ppg. A player with solid fundamentals at 28 years old might fit well. Not a homerun for Danny but he got a player into scoring position.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#43 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:06 pm

I think he's averaging like 24 ppg over his last six, shooting like 46% from 3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#44 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:10 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Might be a joke. Fournier is some kind of genital disease, which is pretty disgusting to look at.

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#45 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#46 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:17 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Evan Fournier Layin' it on the Line :nod: MOXIE

That's the Way of the World
BFitzMoney
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#47 » by BFitzMoney » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 pm

basketballRob wrote:I think he's averaging like 24 ppg over his last six, shooting like 46% from 3.

I've watched like 10 Magic games this year - he always looks good. He had some back issues earlier though correct? Any idea if it's an ongoing issue?
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#48 » by exculpatory » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31060053/

Fortunately, Fournier’s genital gangrene is a very uncommon adverse effect of an EXTREMELY important class of anti-diabetic agents - the SGLT2 inhibitors. In addition to effectively improving glycemic control, this class of drugs dramatically diminishes the risk of cardiovascular disease/CHF & renal disease in diabetics.

PS FYI, Fencer, it has also been reported due to excessive masturbation.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#49 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm

BFitzMoney wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think he's averaging like 24 ppg over his last six, shooting like 46% from 3.

I've watched like 10 Magic games this year - he always looks good. He had some back issues earlier though correct? Any idea if it's an ongoing issue?
He's looked good the last few games and haven't really heard anything about it over the years. Probably something he could play thru if the games were more important.

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,845

Post#50 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:30 pm

The direction is clearly to not give up on the season. So if you're just trying to replace Gordo's production from last season, Fournier is as good as gets in the trade market, esp for the cost of acquiring him. Not as good as a defender. Not as big/switchable.

Would not get into the opportunity cost of using the TPE for a better guy in the offseason or just playing Nesmith/Langford the rest of the season.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#51 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:38 pm

If we don't clear $4M in salary with with other move(s) then we are a tax team. Paying the tax is pretty unavoidable next year so unless we duck this year you're looking at repeater rates for the '22-23 season.

If Wyc is willing to pay, all the power to him. I love to hear it. But if come 2022-23 offseason we're pinching pennies and facing financial limits on what we can do in trades because of massive tax bills, then this will be completely incompetent financial management from the front office.

They better be willing to pay heavy repeater tax bills if they're going to commit themselves to it to add a bench scorer to a below .500 team.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#52 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:40 pm

"yes, those seconds like Edwards/semi/and Waters really make a difference."

yes, well, when you waste them on scrubs...yeah, they don't make a difference. The problem is he's passing on many players that would make a difference because he's a putrid drafter. On paper, you hate to trade away picks for a player that plays a position we have absolutely covered. On the other hand, if Danny is just going to waste the picks or trade them anyway, they're essentially useless
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#53 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:42 pm

celtics543 wrote:I'm not sure how anyone can be that upset. Fournier is already one of the top guys every obtained by trading a trade exception. No big star has ever come back in return for one and most just expire. I'm glad Danny used it and I'm excited to see a 20ppg guy that can shoot and pass.

I'd like to see a Venn diagram of:

(1) HOW COME DANNY NEVER USES HIS ASSETS?!?!

and

(2) WHY DID DANNY GIVE UP THE TPE?!?!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#54 » by Dogen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:56 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

OK, I may have a new favorite Celtic! :lol:
Hey you! Can we come together?
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,538

Post#55 » by Kalela » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Didn't Ainge say, numerous times at that, that he was only looking for players on longer contracts who will stay with the Celtics for at least few years. He goes out and gets a player on an expiring contract. Does this mean that Fournier will sign here in the summer? What if he ends up sucking big time?
Fire Mazzulla
LoquaciousLarry
Sophomore
And1: 190

Post#56 » by LoquaciousLarry » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Good player for cheap price of seconds but continues logjam at the 2/3, need a 4. Enough to make playoffs but not moving the needle. Thought this would signal an additional move.
BFitzMoney
Sophomore

Post#57 » by BFitzMoney » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Kalela wrote:Didn't Ainge say, numerous times at that, that he was only looking for players on longer contracts who will stay with the Celtics for at least few years. He goes out and gets a player on an expiring contract. Does this mean that Fournier will sign here in the summer? What if he ends up sucking big time?

Ok I'll bite on the "what if" game. What if he ends up fitting nicely into the lineup and gives us what we need to make the Finals?
BFitzMoney
Sophomore

Post#58 » by BFitzMoney » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:23 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:"yes, those seconds like Edwards/semi/and Waters really make a difference."

yes, well, when you waste them on scrubs...yeah, they don't make a difference. The problem is he's passing on many players that would make a difference because he's a putrid drafter. On paper, you hate to trade away picks for a player that plays a position we have absolutely covered. On the other hand, if Danny is just going to waste the picks or trade them anyway, they're essentially useless

C'mon man hindsight is 20/20. You really think there is a GM out there constantly winning on 2nd round picks? "Putrid Drafter" is just so much hyperbole. What % of 2nd round picks would you venture to guess are/would be better than Fournier?
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,538

Post#59 » by Kalela » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:25 pm

BFitzMoney wrote:
Kalela wrote:Didn't Ainge say, numerous times at that, that he was only looking for players on longer contracts who will stay with the Celtics for at least few years. He goes out and gets a player on an expiring contract. Does this mean that Fournier will sign here in the summer? What if he ends up sucking big time?

Ok I'll bite on the "what if" game. What if he ends up fitting nicely into the lineup and gives us what we need to make the Finals?

That would be a good thing.
Fire Mazzulla
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#60 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:What an awful deal for BOS. Team is f-ing trash and Fournier ain't fixing it in HALF a season. And now pretty much and chance at landing an actual difference maker into the TPE is gone with like $10-11M left.

The only positive spin here could be that I guess BOS could re-sign Fournier with bird rights and still have the MLE to use this offseason. But that probably requires ownership to go a lot damn deeper into the luxury tax than any ownership group should be willing to for Evan Fournier and a mini-MLE player.
KGboss wrote:I'm happy about this move anyone that isnt over 2 seconds is a hater and you're on notice!

2 vastly different responses are fascinating. Interested to see which side Celtics fans lean on.

Welcome to our board?

Return to Boston Celtics