ImageImageImage

It's the Final Countdown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Re: It's the Final Countdown Trade Thread 

Post#1661 » by truth18 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Dangit wrote:

..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

FORUM IS TRASH EXCITED TO SEE IT BREAK

oh boy, truth18

enjoyed having you here for a bit, but man if you've got bigger and better things going then by all means go on and get back to them, no need to worry about us

SORRY NOT SORRY

AND DONT LIE YOU DIDNT REALLY ENJOY IT.

BACK TO HAUNTING YOUR DREAMS BYEEEEEEE
YOU LOSE
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,541

Post#1662 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

So we dreamed of Collins and Gordon and ended up with Wagner and Kornet. Hmmm!!
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 9,990

Post#1663 » by Dogen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

The Corey's wrote:I honestly don't think brad makes it through rest of season. He's gonna pitino us.

"The negativity in this town... well, let's just say it can be a little bit negative at times, but at the end of the day we all just try to be the best versions of ourselves"
Hey you! Can we come together?
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#1664 » by jirrit » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 pm

truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:

oh boy, truth18

enjoyed having you here for a bit, but man if you've got bigger and better things going then by all means go on and get back to them, no need to worry about us

SORRY NOT SORRY

Dude what happened to you?
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1665 » by Edug27 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Not surprising, really.

Agree.

So I've been wrong when thinking that a team with depth was a team whose bench players didn't suck?

If a player sucks, then he can't be considered depth nor can he bring anything of value in return.

(I have this slight feeling that you just wanted to complain about something, anything ... and that absolutely nothing Ainge could do would've taken that pleasure away from you.)

I'm not complaining about anything. You'll rarely hear me complain about Danny or Brad. I'm usually the one telling everyone to lower their expectations, that its not always "title or bust", that lets let Tatum and Jaylen learn how to carry a team as they start to enter their primes, etc etc.

Theis does suck to me. A lot of players do. And you can suck but still be better than our other options. The center position isn't our strength if you haven't noticed. And RWill isnt the most durable. Theis may still be a player we need for depth purposes as we make a playoff push. That was my whole point....
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#1666 » by truth18 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 pm

31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Dangit wrote:

..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh boy, truth18

SORRY NOT SORRY

Spoiler:
I'll be back when y'all lose half the population here to rub it in more

Spoiler:
BLACK LIVES MATTER ON MY JERSEY WHAT
YOU LOSE
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#1667 » by GregB » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 pm

truth18 wrote:
GregB wrote:
truth18 wrote:
Lol this whole forum thought for years that winning 18 was as easy as thinking we could.

Not how this HARD ASS LEAGUE works.

Glad yall woke the **** up. This isn't the NFL. You can't get lucky. This isn't the MLB, you can't moneyball this ****.

FAKEGMS

Seems like that anger should be directed at danny Ainge lol. Dude **** it all up. It’s a players league now and danny still thinks he’s in charge.

If he keeps it up no doubt Tatum is walking in 4 years if not requesting a trade sooner.

What anger? I'm happy this trash forum is about to DIE. LOL.

It's my birthday weekend, I got Courtside seats with your girl for next month and my record label just offically launched. Wtf would I be angry about?

JUST LAUGHING AT ALL THE CROW RAINING DOWN ON THIS FORUM. ALL THOSE SHATTERED DREAMS OF 18 BEING RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. WRONG.

BLACK LIVES MATTER LOL.

FAKEGMS

Cool bro.

Thank you for taking her. She’s 4 months pregnant and driving me crazy. So I could use the night off.

Also good luck on your record label. Risky play since no one buys albums anymore and streaming services don’t pay ****.

But at least your were right about the team you cheer for not being a championship contender? Good times
Gurton Buster
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,347

Post#1668 » by Gurton Buster » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:07 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

man thats a rental number if I've ever seen one :lol:
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,432

Post#1669 » by Fierce1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:07 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:So we dreamed of Collins and Gordon and ended up with Wagner and Kornet. Hmmm!!

Actually it's what I expected.

I mean Ainge pissing off Celtic fans once the trade deadline expires.
:lol:
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#1670 » by London2Boston » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:07 pm

GoGreen wrote:Theis was traded because ownership is cheap and will not go into the tax. Simple as that. Don't get it twisted.

Wyc, Pags Gotham are businessmen first. Fans a very distant second.

I mean, why the hell would they go into the tax for this dumpster fire roster, which if lucky may win a first round if that.
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#1671 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Kalela wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:I agree with Scal here. We might actually like this guy here
Read on Twitter

He plays hard. Always did. His issue is he is very slow and not particularly strong. But one thing you will never fault Wagner for is playing lazy. He has a crazy engine and plays hard all game.

Me too Kalela.
He's Cobra Kai (1984) :lol:
That's the Way of the World
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1672 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:I do think Fournier stays in Boston beyond this season, possibly as Smart insurance once Marcus leaves to get paid.

If team cannot afford smart wjat makes you think they will be able to afford fournier?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#1673 » by djFan71 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

sully00 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Spotrac says Wagner's 4th year option (for 21-22) was declined. Do we get any rights on him? Or is he just filler for the rest of the season at this point?

You can resign him but your capped to that roughly 3 mil salary his option was for. He is probably a min salary guy anyhow but he has had some big games for Washington his season.

Thanks.
CalL
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#1674 » by CalL » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:I think this is what people mean by "green teamers" when people defend trading away a very valuable productive player in Theis, which hurts our chances this season, just because he'd walk for nothing AFTER the season. There's far worse players on our bench to choose from who don't help us at all if your goal is to shed salary. Wagner is legit better than anyone Danny drafted in 2019, Semi and Green. But he doesn't help us win this year and only really helps ownership not pay taxes which no fan should care about. I DO like the move if we're giving up on the season. But the Fournier trade means that we aren't. So again, Danny has us rudderless.

Stop defending everything Danny, Brad and Wyc does and maybe you'd lose the moniker "green teamer"

I agree. Wagner for Theis makes this team clearly worse this year and i don't think that Wagner can add anything in the future (if he stays). You can't play him a lot of minutes because he fouls a ton and is a defensive liability. I don't think there will ever be a point in time where people will look at this deal and think that it made the team better. I won't blame the owners for doing it (although i don't like people buying a franchise just as an investment), but i am also not sure if you can contend in the future without paying taxes and i don't think that you should blame guys like Tatum/Brown in the future if they want to go somewhere else under those conditions (the owners forcing the team to fight an uphill battle). Maybe/Hopefully the owner's attitude will change in the future.
Gurton Buster
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,347

Post#1675 » by Gurton Buster » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:

oh boy, truth18

SORRY NOT SORRY

Spoiler:
I'll be back when y'all lose half the population here to rub it in more

Spoiler:
BLACK LIVES MATTER ON MY JERSEY WHAT

Are you good bruh? Lmaooooo.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1676 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:09 pm

Well I think the team got better. Fournier is a nice addition but it's a disaster if he leaves in free agency. Teague and Green gone means Pritchard, Nesmith and Langford can get more minutes too.

They're in a tough spot financially due to Kemba contract and drafting so it is what it is.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,314

Post#1677 » by sprash9802 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:09 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:If this means seeing what you have with Nesmith and Langford and actually being forced to play them this year I'd be happy. Sadly, we all know Semi will still be playing more than them

Why bring in Fournier then? You still have Kemba, Smart, Fournier, Brown, Tatum who are all going to get big minutes.

Doesn't make sense.

Same straddling of trying to win but not really while also loading up on young guys without really getting them PT.

Ainge has officially lost this marbles...This roster is neither here nor there. Treadmill in the weaker conference... sigh
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,413

Post#1678 » by bisme37 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:09 pm

Not that he likely wants to come here, but are we interested in Aldridge?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 9,990

Post#1679 » by Dogen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 pm

gocelts wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:I agree with Scal here. We might actually like this guy here
Read on Twitter

Mo is a turd. He stinks. This is where Scal shamelessly looses credibility here. Same reason why he NEVER criticizes how Kemba's atrocious contract and play is holding us back.

I know he's loved on this board, but this trade is bad. Scal should at least own that piece of it.

Why should Scal "own a piece of it". It's his opinion, and he might know a few things. Let's see what the turd can do. Mo will be a fine 3rd center, and TimeLord is being groomed. Maybe we still have a shot at LMA.
Hey you! Can we come together?
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1680 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:11 pm

Titles for next thread

Ainge even gonna try?
Ainge gonna make the playoffs

Return to Boston Celtics