ImageImageImage

Daniel Theis Appreciation Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Re: Daniel Theis Appreciation Thread 

Post#61 » by JHTruth » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:If we get Drummond then I will abstain from my vitriol in this thread for Ainge as he must have been working with knowledge I didn't have.

But I can't forgive Teague and TT signings forcing us to do this **** move. Theis is a fantastic Center and lead us to a top 5 defense with Tatum in the front court, and an amazing team player.

I wish we paid the late first rounder (mostly useless in Ainge's hand anyways and our team is young enough as is) to get rid of TT instead of Theis. Theis is so much more versatile and useful as a player in every way than TT and I truly think could be apart of our core with great synergy with Tatum.

I think we overrated Theis a bit. At the end of the day, Theis trade value was a bench big from the Wiz. I think he'll get $7mm per this summer. Theis is nice but he peaked last year and still his limitations really showed in the playoffs.

We can wish him well and appreciate his contribution without going overboard with praise and overrating. Completely agree that he's better than TT but I have serious questions about Theis accepting a bench role behind Rob after starting for two years
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,665

Post#62 » by Green89 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#63 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:53 pm

JHTruth wrote: I think we overrated Theis a bit. At the end of the day, Theis trade value was a bench big from the Wiz. I think he'll get $7mm per this summer. Theis is nice but he peaked last year and still his limitations really showed in the playoffs.

We can wish him well and appreciate his contribution without going overboard with praise and overrating. Completely agree that he's better than TT but I have serious questions about Theis accepting a bench role behind Rob after starting for two years

No, if anything we underrated him. His trade value was as a two-month rental. No way he resigns in Chicago because he will garner alot of interest from contending teams.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#64 » by JHTruth » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
JHTruth wrote: I think we overrated Theis a bit. At the end of the day, Theis trade value was a bench big from the Wiz. I think he'll get $7mm per this summer. Theis is nice but he peaked last year and still his limitations really showed in the playoffs.

No, if anything we underrated him. His trade value was as a two-month rental. No way he resigns in Chicago because he will garner alot of interest from contending teams.

Meh I think we'll quickly get over him one we see his game decline outside of Boston.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#65 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Theis is extremely underrated still by like 15% of the people on this board.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#66 » by La Flame » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Hoping the man gets paid proper
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,866

Post#67 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Post#68 » by Asian Celtic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Loved Theis more than Grant, Semi, Javonte, Carsen

COMBINED!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,947

Post#69 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Asian Celtic wrote:Loved Theis more than Grant, Semi, Javonte, Carsen

COMBINED!

Theis was a Trooper.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
RodyTur10
Junior
And1: 360

Post#70 » by RodyTur10 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:50 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I remember analyzing a game we lost against the Clippers when we still had Horford and Irving in 18/19.
The team was in shambles, but what stood out to me was the outstanding pick-and-roll defense by Theis.
Much better actually than Horford.

Theis is a player with a high IQ and just very solid overall. We're going to miss him even though he couldn't hold his own against the likes of Embiid, Adebayo or Jokic.

Return to Boston Celtics