ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston Luke Kornet!

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

Hal14
Sixth Man
And1: 1,091

Re: Welcome to Boston Luke Kornet! 

Post#141 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:59 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Dirk Nowitski without the shooting is like Bob Cousy without the passing or Bill Russell without the defense.

I didn't say Kornet was Dirk without the shooting. Simply that Dirk is a better shooter (and Kornet is a better defender)

No, you said Kornet was Dirk without the shooting, speed, explosiveness, way better offensive arsenal, dribble drive moves, fadeaways, etc.

You're misquoting me.

"Dirk has better shooting" is MUCH different than saying "Kornet is Dirk without the shooting"

One implies that Kornet is a good shooter, just not as good a shooter as Dirk.....the other implies Kornet has no shooting ability whatsoever, which is not at all what I was saying..
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 4,784

Post#142 » by cloverleaf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Hal14 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Hal14 wrote:I didn't say Kornet was Dirk without the shooting. Simply that Dirk is a better shooter (and Kornet is a better defender)

No, you said Kornet was Dirk without the shooting, speed, explosiveness, way better offensive arsenal, dribble drive moves, fadeaways, etc.

You're misquoting me.

"Dirk has better shooting" is MUCH different than saying "Kornet is Dirk without the shooting"

One implies that Kornet is a good shooter, just not as good a shooter as Dirk.....the other implies Kornet has no shooting ability whatsoever, which is not at all what I was saying..

This was your post in ful (I am adding the bold):

"Kornet is Dirk, but 2 inches taller, better defense, better rebounding, better rim protection but Dirk way more talented overall, quicker, more explosive, has a way better offensive arsenal with all of the dribble drive moves, fadeaways etc better shooter..."
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,076

Post#143 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 pm

In the end he's just a taller Michael Jordan without the athleticism, handle, jumper and sociopathic drive to win.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 35,988

Post#144 » by The Comedian » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Dirk and Kornet is one of the more bizarre comparisons I’ve ever heard, their games are nothing alike.

Plus like, one is an all time great and the other is a scrub.
Hal14
Sixth Man
And1: 1,091

Post#145 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

You're misquoting me.

This was your post in ful (I am adding the bold):

"Kornet is Dirk, but 2 inches taller, better defense, better rebounding, better rim protection but Dirk way more talented overall, quicker, more explosive, has a way better offensive arsenal with all of the dribble drive moves, fadeaways etc better shooter..."

Exactly. I said Dirk is a better shooter, NOT that Kornet is "Dirk without the shooting"
31to6
RealGM
And1: 19,827

Post#146 » by 31to6 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:In the end he's just a taller Michael Jordan without the athleticism, handle, jumper and sociopathic drive to win.

so we agree that defensively, they're very similar players?

can I get notified when this thread gets back on the rails?
ngl starting to miss Mo Wagner just a little bit
with buckners and playa-hater on the TACKO FALL FAN CLUB -- we GO BIG or I guess, go home. But we prefer to GO BIG!
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 15,885

Post#147 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 pm

The Comedian wrote:Dirk and Kornet is one of the more bizarre comparisons I’ve ever heard, their games are nothing alike.

They have similar bodies (tall, skinny, white) and shooting range.

But that's about it.
playa-hater
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#148 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Kornet > Dirk, but Stevens is holding him back. 8-)

I kid, or do I ?
Boston will never win 18 BECAUSE of Brad Stevens
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 15,885

Post#149 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed May 5, 2021 2:29 am

I have no idea what's in here, but Tom seems very proud of the episode.

Read on Twitter

By the way -- she's Luke's sister, and the first word of her Twitter bio is "Catholic". Luke attended https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Christian_School_(Argyle,_Texas). Somebody else in the family (?) has the Twitter account https://twitter.com/jkorn21

I'm sensing a pattern here. :)
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,230

Post#150 » by Ernest » Wed May 5, 2021 5:13 pm

The Comedian wrote:Dirk and Kornet is one of the more bizarre comparisons I’ve ever heard, their games are nothing alike.

It's almost like they have something else in common.

Return to Boston Celtics