ImageImageImage

It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Re: It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread 

Post#1721 » by robdog_5 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 am

Most I'd go is like 4 for 60-68 (if on higher end then throw some non guaranteed at the back
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#1722 » by Jammer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:06 am

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Jammer wrote:Well, I am still in the trade Kemba camp. It's gonna be tough finding a landing spot where he walks in a starter considering the perceived strength of this draft. Find a place he will start, then find a way to get him there.

Knicks
Clippers
Chicago
Orlando?
Minny
Raptors?
New Orleans
Spurs?
OKC

Minny would never start Kemba over Rubio, since Rubio is an excellent, tough defender with Fast Hands, who averages 7 apg.

Lowry has not (yet) departed the Raptors. Kemba would never start over Lowry.

Lonzo is a much better rebounder & defender than Kemba, only if they let Lonzo go in restricted free agency.

Murray averages 16, 7 and 5. San Antonio ain't starting Kemba over that.

Shai is the primary ball handler in OKC and he averages 24, 5 and 6.

Clippers have nothing to trade.

Knicks like Quickley, who is injured.

Chicago and Orlando would seem to be the most realistic partners as of now. It may take a 3 or 4 team trade, but there is time for the Celtics to figure something out. The trick is to not treat this as a salary dump, but as an asset collector. Get something in return, whether it's Bradley Beal (would require at least 2 1rst Round picks from Boston to Washington and the team receiving Kemba sending something to Washington that the Wizards actually value).
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#1723 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am

Jammer wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
Jammer wrote:Well, I am still in the trade Kemba camp. It's gonna be tough finding a landing spot where he walks in a starter considering the perceived strength of this draft. Find a place he will start, then find a way to get him there.

Knicks
Clippers
Chicago
Orlando?
Minny
Raptors?
New Orleans
Spurs?
OKC

Minny would never start Kemba over Rubio, since Rubio is an excellent, tough defender with Fast Hands, who averages 7 apg.

Lonzo is a much better rebounder & defender than Kemba, only if they let Lonzo go in restricted free agency.

Chicago and Orlando would seem to be the most realistic partners as of now. It may take a 3 or 4 team trade, but there is time for the Celtics to figure something out. The trick is to not treat this as a salary dump, but as an asset collector. Get something in return, whether it's Bradley Beal (would require at least 2 1rst Round picks from Boston to Washington and the team receiving Beal sending something to Washington that the Wizards actually value).

But Orlando just did a teardown so complete that they dumped Gordon, who's half a decade or so younger than Walker. That leaves you with Chicago, and them only if they want to triple down on defense-challenged scorers.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#1724 » by joshuapending » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:28 am

Anyway to work a Kemba for Simmons. C get a facilitator and D, Sixers get more scoring.
Jammer
General Manager

Post#1725 » by Jammer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Jammer wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

Knicks
Clippers
Chicago
Orlando?
Minny
Raptors?
New Orleans
Spurs?
OKC

Chicago and Orlando would seem to be the most realistic partners as of now. It may take a 3 or 4 team trade, but there is time for the Celtics to figure something out. The trick is to not treat this as a salary dump, but as an asset collector. Get something in return, whether it's Bradley Beal (would require at least 2 1rst Round picks from Boston to Washington and the team receiving Kemba ending something to Washington that the Wizards actually value).

But Orlando just did a teardown so complete that they dumped Gordon, who's half a decade or so younger than Walker. That leaves you with Chicago, and them only if they want to triple down on defense-challenged scorers.

Great points. And I corrected my last sentence to say the team receiving Kemba would have to send something to Washington that the Wizards would actually want in addition to two 1rst round picks from Boston. I am optimistic that they find Kemba a home where he is more than a Lou William's type. His age will count against him even more if they wait (one of the reasons Orlando may no longer be interested).
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1726 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Jammer wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Jammer wrote:Minny would never start Kemba over Rubio, since Rubio is an excellent, tough defender with Fast Hands, who averages 7 apg.

Chicago and Orlando would seem to be the most realistic partners as of now. It may take a 3 or 4 team trade, but there is time for the Celtics to figure something out. The trick is to not treat this as a salary dump, but as an asset collector. Get something in return, whether it's Bradley Beal (would require at least 2 1rst Round picks from Boston to Washington and the team receiving Kemba ending something to Washington that the Wizards actually value).

Great points. And I corrected my last sentence to say the team receiving Kemba would have to send something to Washington that the Wizards would actually want in addition to two 1rst round picks from Boston. I am optimistic that they find Kemba a home where he is more than a Lou William's type. His age will count against him even more if they wait (one of the reasons Orlando may no longer be interested).

I think Orlando will still be interested. They can sell Kemba to the fans.

Also another thing to remember with Kemba this offseason is that a team can, sort of gamble, that getting Kemba wil allow them to try and run him heavy and increase his value then sell him off at deadline or offseason where (assuming he picks up option) he is an expiring contract.

So buy "low" raise value and sell "Higher" in a year while selling jerseys and tickets for a year.

Think that opens a lot of doors for a business trade as opposed to on court trade, potentially.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,704

Post#1727 » by GotDaSauce » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:48 pm

joshuapending wrote:Anyway to work a Kemba for Simmons. C get a facilitator and D, Sixers get more scoring.

Sure... Just add JB to the trade! :lol:
Not enough FRP's in the world available for them to swap Simmons for Kemba.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#1728 » by Ernest » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:57 pm

I bet Simmons gets traded at some point and it's for less than people would think. Philly has a lot of pressure. They tanked for a long time. They lost assets for nothing. They got ripped off by us in a high high level trade. And now the Nets are on paper at least much much better. Sure it looks good this year. Doc in there working some magic, and after last year all they had to go was up.

There is a decent chance they feel they have to shake things up in the next year or tow and Simmons would be the guy to trade over Embiid I think.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,855

Post#1729 » by BK_2020 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:59 pm

Simmons for Jaylen
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#1730 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 pm

If Philly trades Simmons to go all in with the guy who plays 50 games a year, oh boy am I excited to be in the same conference as them.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#1731 » by djFan71 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:If Philly trades Simmons to go all in with the guy who plays 50 games a year, oh boy am I excited to be in the same conference as them.

Alas, Morey is around to talk Brand out of it.
Celtics1918
Freshman
And1: 28

Post#1732 » by Celtics1918 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 pm

How are we going to trade Kemba when he doesn't play back to back games. It would be like trading Jason Tatum for John Wall is what your looking at. This is never going to happen trading Kemba not even a sucker team would be that dumb, but hey this forum will be flooded with Kemba trades this off season just like Gordon Hayward. Best-case scenario Kemba finally comes back to his old self for this team.
Jammer
General Manager

Post#1733 » by Jammer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:45 pm

Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#1734 » by Spin Move » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:07 am

Kemba will either recover, get better so you won't really want to trade him, or not, and in that case your not going to get anything of value for trading him. Unitl the new CBA kicks in we are for sure capped out. Hopefully he imporves if not, trading him likley won't be smart until he is an expiring.
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#1735 » by La Flame » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:03 pm

We need to get DeAaron Fox on this team, he'd fit perfectly. His playstyle reminds me of a modern John Wall
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#1736 » by gocelts » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:26 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Simmons for Jaylen

Says the Sixers fan.

Simmons = Lamar Odom. He's decent but has some warts.
~gocelts
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1737 » by robdog_5 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:42 pm

gocelts wrote:

Says the Sixers fan.

Pretty good comparison. However Lamar would at least shoot a 3 and hit some
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1738 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm

I am still hoping on a bigtime changeup this offseason.

And some buy low targets.

1 name I would be interested in is Lauri Markannen.

Perhaps when Chicago misses out on Ball they look to trade again for Kemba. A sign and trade of Kemba for Lauri + should work financially.

Since defense apparently isnt that important to Chicago anyway a trio of KEmba/Lavine/Vooch can be pretty lethal, imo.

Smart/Pritchard
Fournier/Romeo
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Lauri
Timelord/Thompson

Interesting team for sure. Use the MLE and TPE to sign a couple of productive vet wing players.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#1739 » by BK_2020 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:56 pm

You can't use TPE to sign players and no productive vet wing will sign for the tax payer's MLE.
Lauri is horrible. Also, forgetting about all the other complications of a SnT, the very idea of signing Lauri to a big enough contract to match salaries with Kemba is just awful.
I honestly don't think you have ever seen these people play basketball.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#1740 » by BK_2020 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:58 pm

gocelts wrote:

Says the Sixers fan.

Simmons is 6'10 Jason Kidd. He's a HoFer.

Return to Boston Celtics