ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! BOS 111, OKC 94 (23-23)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Tatum
22%
Brown
11%
Smart
2%
Timelord
5%
Grant
No votes
Kornet
48%
Nesmith
1%
Pritchard
6%
Other (team)
4%

Total votes: 114

Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Re: Victory Cigar!!! BOS 111, OKC 94 (23-23) 

Post#61 » by Ill News » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:02 am

Mo Wagner and Luke Kornet are just the kind of bigs that Stevens needs in his system. Ainge has screwed up the past two years by giving Stevens non-shooting bigs like Kanter and Thompson, and the lone big that fits perfectly in the system was Theis who was undersized and hesitant to bomb away from distance. Now, Brad has two stretch bigs with real size, which would make life a bit easier for Tatum and Brown to drive inside.

Ainge delivered on his promise to get "shooting with size," bringing in three players who do just that (Fournier is 6'7"). I must admit that I slept on Wagner and Kornet, but if they decide to keep these two around (which it looks like they should), they'll be great additions to the team as solid bench guys.
easyrider
Freshman
And1: 64

Post#62 » by easyrider » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:03 am

On appearance alone, Luke Kornet reminds me of Kevin McHale. If only he turned out to be half as good..
Ill News
General Manager

Post#63 » by Ill News » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:07 am

Read on Twitter

Lol Horford's such a dad, look at the way he shakes the guys' hands and lightly taps them on the shoulder as if they're in a formal dinner party or something. He'd be an excellent vet for this team, if only we can get him on the cheap. He could be our Udonis Haslem, a guy who never plays but just mentors the young guys and teaches them how to be professional.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,887

Post#64 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:16 am

The good:

In a shocking Shyamalan-ian twist, our year long 4th quarter issues were in full opposite mode. The Celtics turned in a 35-14 final frame to turn a 4 point deficit into a walkaway win by 17. It was as unlikely as anything this year. We got 48 points from the bench tonight. 12 a piece for PP and forgotten man Edwards. But the key turning things around was Luke Kornet 2-0 in the Luke Kornet era!!! No longer just a punchline, the kid was awesome in that final frame. Hit 2 big 3's in a row to give us a 6 point lead after a Tatum steal and a layup to tie it up at 82. Not listed here with The Green Kornet's 8/5 was 2 blocks. One ignited a Tatum breakaway dunk and another was called a bull foul even after a review. He was a +21 Kornet's a big dude. 7'2 250. He's not easy to move. Helped keep Moses Brown off the boards in the final frame. Moved reasonably well in rotation for someone who really had no clue what he's doing. Is it weird that I'm kinda feeling like I might be okay if Drummond picks the Lakers so we can see what Kornet and Wagner have off the bench. The Pick n Pop potential with these two needs to be explored. 9/14 for Rob again so good numbers for him.

The bad:

Moses "Malone" Brown just pummeled us on the boards in the 1st half 19 and 19 before we could finally shut him down in the 2nd half. We came out with zero energy. Down 14 early before we could even settle in. And for 3 quarters, we just shot ourselves in the foot every time we got the game to within 5. Jaylen continues to have tunnel vision on the drive ignoring all of his teammates until he absolutely has no choice but to pass (usually leading to a turnover). I love Jaylen but he's gonna be stuck at this level until he gets this. As a team, we almost never pass to the roll or pop man despite how much DHO we do. It's a major reason why the ball sticks and I would love to see Stevens ream this team out over this privately. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that this was supposed to be the debut of our new pickup Evan Fournier but he's now in Health & Safety Protocols which means he'll be gone for who knows long. We cannot catch a break this year. I truly hate this year. We cannot get a healthy team.

Next game is Monday. 7-game homestand. Time to make moves in this conference. Fans will be back in the building which is awesome.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#65 » by AKFO » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:20 am

Shak_Celts wrote:Came to talk about Kornet’s D because no one was saying it until the last page. His D and rebounding were just as important as his 3s. Its no coincidence that when D gets going our offense is soon to follow! He was shutting it down, he had another great block IDGAD what the refs say! He also set good screens and he rolled well! Excellent night by him, he galvanized us!!!

Yeah it was nice even when he made those 3’s he still kept rolling to the rim when the situation called for it.

Brad also talking about how his defense had caught his eye for a while now? I gotta see more lol but would be nice if he could hold his own on that end and hit the 3 at a decent clip.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,311

Post#66 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:23 am

Size matter in the NBA.

Brad now has lots of options against different teams.

Celts can use RW3 and TT at Center if they want to go small.

Or if Brad wants to take the opposing Center out of the paint, Kornet is the guy you want out there because he's a 3-point threat.

Wagner can be used in a double big lineup.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#67 » by JHTruth » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:37 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Kornet for VC and I’m not even kidding. The entire game changed when he came in providing good defence, screens, shooting and rebounding.

I doubt he’d be the same against a non g-league side but he gets my VC.

Good to grind out a win.

Kornet is a nice guy for like 4-6 mins a game but he's 3rd stringer. Like him though, hope he sticks..
Ill News
General Manager

Post#68 » by Ill News » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:41 am

Read on Twitter

Let's gooooooo! Having fans in the stands will surely fire them up :nod:

And thank goodness they're going to face the fans after building up some good will, winning impressively against the Bucks and gutting it out over the Thunder. Can you imagine if they came back home with a losing streak, they'll be welcomed with boos lol.

The 7-game homestand is gonna be tough, the Rockets are the only team we're facing that isn't playoff-caliber. Hopefully we go 5-2 at the least. Let's get some revenge on the Pelicans and Mavs who gave us heartbreaking losses earlier this year.
87rottweiler
Starter
And1: 2,992

Post#69 » by 87rottweiler » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:42 am

Ill News wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol Horford's such a dad, look at the way he shakes the guys' hands and lightly taps them on the shoulder as if they're in a formal dinner party or something. He'd be an excellent vet for this team, if only we can get him on the cheap. He could be our Udonis Haslem, a guy who never plays but just mentors the young guys and teaches them how to be professional.

Think he'd be up for an assistant coaching gig when he retires? Seems to me like the perfect just-out-of-the-league vet with the respect of the locker room and a bridge between them and the coaching staff, widely respected around the league and pretty adored around BOS from his time here.

He could be our Mourning.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,316

Post#70 » by TheMartian » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

Seriously though, quite happy with how the new bigs have pleasantly surprised. Having bigs who are not undersized is a breath of fresh air for this team.
87rottweiler
Starter

Post#71 » by 87rottweiler » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

Couldn't catch the game but i'll get the replay tonight, glad to have another win in the books and minutes for Pritch, Aaron and Rob especially. LET'S GO C's!!!!!
Ill News
General Manager

Post#72 » by Ill News » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

87rottweiler wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Read on Twitter

Think he'd be up for an assistant coaching gig when he retires? Seems to me like the perfect just-out-of-the-league vet with the respect of the locker room and a bridge between them and the coaching staff, widely respected around the league and pretty adored around BOS from his time here.

I'd welcome him back in any capacity. I love Al, he was a great presence during his time here, and had a lot of hard-fought battles in the playoffs.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,316

Post#73 » by TheMartian » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:45 am

Color me crazy, but I can see why DA hasn't pushed too hard for Drummond.
87rottweiler
Starter

Post#74 » by 87rottweiler » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:47 am

Ill News wrote:
87rottweiler wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd welcome him back in any capacity. I love Al, he was a great presence during his time here, and had a lot of hard-fought battles in the playoffs.

Agree wholeheartedly mate, that kind of temperament he brings to a locker room is invaluable, and the offence (christ and the defence) just hasn't been the same since he left.

I'm glad he got his money but i'll be ecstatic if he comes home, and those eyes!!! :o
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,057

Post#75 » by exculpatory » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:14 am

First 2 Q sucked VS these D League posers.
Then JB took over Q3.
And JT took over Q4.
Both JT & JB overall shot miserably.
And the spark was LUKE on both ends!!
Peyton & Carsen were solid.
Time Lord was very good.

Move on.
Go on a mother **** streak NOW, pass the Hawks, Knicks & Hornets & lock in the 4 seed!

Fournier better **** play this **** week, goddamit!

PS We have a tough final 26 games - WC very heavy, 1 Nets, 1 Sixers, 3 Hornets, 2 Knicks, 2 Heat & 2 Bulls! Just as well. We can beat anyone if we play aggressive D from the get go.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,860

Post#76 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:14 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Brown for keeping us in the game in that putrid 3rd quarter or Tatum for dominating in the 4th.

Btw Tatum, Smart, Semi and Brown had a long conversation with Horford after the game. All smiles and handshakes. Shame he won't get bought out, would love to bring him home.

Ya know, that's most of the guys we have left who even played with him.

Time Lord did too, but who else?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,212

Post#77 » by fallguy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:16 am

easyrider wrote:On appearance alone, Luke Kornet reminds me of Kevin McHale. If only he turned out to be half as good..

People still don't realize how good McHale was. A monster on both ends of the court.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,860

Post#78 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 am

3pt % wrote:Kornet was game changer but went with Brown for dragging us back in the 3rd

Kornet is the fun pick. But since he's already winning in a landslide, I went Other/Brad for his lineup resourcefulness when the obvious choices weren't working out -- including having the fourth center he tried be a game-changer.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,239

Post#79 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:24 am

87rottweiler wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm on board.
Make sure Anna is part of the deal.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,239

Post#80 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:25 am

fallguy wrote:
easyrider wrote:On appearance alone, Luke Kornet reminds me of Kevin McHale. If only he turned out to be half as good..

People still don't realize how good McHale was. A monster on both ends of the court.

I think the fact that he undersold himself at times has led to this, somewhat ironically. Still, don't think he's too worried.

Return to Boston Celtics