ImageImageImage

Fav moment this season: Time Lord supporting Marcus after the half court heave

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GonzoLays
Assistant Coach
And1: 185
Location: The strongest man is he who stands alone in the face of oppression and censorship.

Fav moment this season: Time Lord supporting Marcus after the half court heave 

Post#1 » by GonzoLays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 pm

It was brilliant. Marcus is an intense hot head who plays to win. If he makes a mistake, **** it, let it be. Kemba looked as if he was trying to explain to Marcus what happened -- as he looked clueless to what he did and was trying to explain himself -- when Bob walked upped slapped his chest and said let's move on.

Bob had the sense to move on from the moment and point out we got a possession to defend. Bob might be 23 years old, but I saw the smartest player on the court that night.
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach
Location: The strongest man is he who stands alone in the face of oppression and censorship.

Re: Fav moment this season: Time Lord supporting Marcus after the half court heave 

Post#2 » by GonzoLays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

This game to me is 65 percent talent, and 35 percent handling emotions and the devastating swings that happens in a game.

We lose because you can only learn that 35 percent over time and experience.

I'm proud of how our college aged team competes against NBA vets. I remember once when they said Kentucky's vaunted freshman team could beat an NBA team and compete in the L. Uhh, no.

Let's stop being so tough on these boys and enjoy the ride.
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach

Re: Fav moment this season: Time Lord supporting Marcus after the half court heave 

Post#3 » by GonzoLays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:46 pm

Name ONE young team since 1980 that won a chip? Even MJs vet teams lost for years before getting over the hump. Harden Durant and Westbrook won how many chips? 0

We have to be patient as fans to see our end result. And think about it, these boys play in toxic Boston, a city completely used to winning and they will never accept less. The pressure they play under us immense. If this team played in Jackson, MS they would probably have 30 wins by now.
GonzoLays
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by GonzoLays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 pm

Take this take as you will: without basketball or sports, Marcus would be in prison. No one understands his passion for competition. If he didn't have sports, despite being our most intelligent person on the team, his emotions would get the best of him in the hood, and he would knocking mofos out and confronting any fool who tested him. I've seen it personally. That wild guy who won't back down in the hood, either dead, gang member or in prison.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#5 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:26 pm

GonzoLays wrote:Take this take as you will: without basketball or sports, Marcus would be in prison. No one understands his passion for competition. If he didn't have sports, despite being our most intelligent person on the team, his emotions would get the best of him in the hood, and he would knocking mofos out and confronting any fool who tested him. I've seen it personally. That wild guy who won't back down in the hood, either dead, gang member or in prison.

Yikes.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#6 » by StojkoVrankovic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 pm

I just wanted it to be known that I was here for this
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#7 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 am

GonzoLays wrote:Take this take as you will: without basketball or sports, Marcus would be in prison. No one understands his passion for competition. If he didn't have sports, despite being our most intelligent person on the team, his emotions would get the best of him in the hood, and he would knocking mofos out and confronting any fool who tested him. I've seen it personally. That wild guy who won't back down in the hood, either dead, gang member or in prison.

Take this as you will: The above post is absolute garbage, and you should be embarrassed.

Return to Boston Celtics