ImageImageImage

Remaining Schedule & Seeding Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Re: Remaining Schedule & Seeding Thread 

Post#161 » by Gomes3PC » Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 am

In a way, this team totally unraveling at the end of the year is the best possible thing to happen, because there is no avoiding now that the team and organization need to make drastic changes to compete.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#162 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 1:41 pm

3 games to go

Cavs
Wolves
Knicks

I can see a 1-2 finish to the season with the lone, possible win, coming against the cavs

Cleveland has no reason to win
Wolves want to win so that they don't give away a good pick to GSW
Knicks will be posturing for playoff position

Hornets have
Clippers
Knicks
Wizards

Pacers have
Bucks
Lakers
Raptors

wizards have
Hawks
Cavs
Hornets

Spurs have
Knicks
Suns
Suns

Celtics go 0-3
Hornets go 2-1
Pacers go 2-1
Wizards go 3-0
Spurs go 1-2

All 5 teams would have an identical record. Would Tiebreakers come into play for the draft spots in that scenario?

10 teams with a clearly worse record, but this would be for the 11th spot.

11th pick has a 9.4% chance at a top 4 pick
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,019

Post#163 » by exculpatory » Wed May 12, 2021 2:01 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:3 games to go

Cavs
Wolves
Knicks

I can see a 1-2 finish to the season with the lone, possible win, coming against the cavs

Hornets have
Clippers
Knicks
Wizards

Pacers have
Bucks
Lakers
Raptors

wizards have
Hawks
Cavs
Hornets

Spurs have
Knicks
Suns
Suns

Celtics go 0-3
Hornets go 2-1
Pacers go 2-1
Wizards go 3-0
Spurs go 1-2

All 5 teams would have an identical record. Would Tiebreakers come into play for the draft spots in that scenario?

We have the tiebreakers VS the Hornets, Pacers & Wizards.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#164 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed May 12, 2021 2:08 pm

exculpatory wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:3 games to go

Cavs
Wolves
Knicks

Hornets have
Clippers
Knicks
Wizards

Pacers have
Bucks
Lakers
Raptors

wizards have
Hawks
Cavs
Hornets

Spurs have
Knicks
Suns
Suns

Celtics go 0-3
Hornets go 2-1
Pacers go 2-1
Wizards go 3-0
Spurs go 1-2

We have the tiebreakers VS the Hornets, Pacers & Wizards.

So we need:
Hornets 3-0
Pacers 3-0
Spurs 2-1
Celtics 0-3

To get the 11th pick.

Not gonna happen. another 14th pick in the draft, here we come.

The gods of Karma owes us. We deserve a top 4 pick. So we are going to get it.
I shall speak it into existence
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#165 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed May 12, 2021 3:36 pm

What's going to end up happening is this team's going to be the seventh seed, to play the hornets and look like an amazing team that we get glimpses of once in a while, then play Brooklyn in the first round and get swept because that's the way the season's going.
*Insert witty signature here.*
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,482

Post#166 » by playa-hater » Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:What's going to end up happening is this team's going to be the seventh seed, to play the hornets and look like an amazing team that we get glimpses of once in a while, then play Brooklyn in the first round and get swept because that's the way the season's going.

I have more faith in Boston. no sweep. Just lose in 5. :o :(
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#167 » by djFan71 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:29 pm

playa-hater wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:What's going to end up happening is this team's going to be the seventh seed, to play the hornets and look like an amazing team that we get glimpses of once in a while, then play Brooklyn in the first round and get swept because that's the way the season's going.

BKN will be a med ward and we'll end up squeaking out a series win. Then take on the heat in a rematch with Dragic/Butler hurt and make the ECF where we take 2 games from the Knicks. Thereby masking any and all problems we may have.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#168 » by exculpatory » Thu May 13, 2021 2:29 am

Welp!

Something to root for now:

If we can manage to lose our last 2 (Wolves & Knicks) & the Hornets (Clippers, Knicks, Wizards) & the Pacers (Bucks, Lakers, Raptors) both win their last 3, then the Hornets & Pacers will pass us & we will be the 9 seed. And then the Wizards can wax us in the Play In.

Alternatively, 1 W by us gives us the 7 seed; and
1 loss by the Hornets & 1 loss by the Pacers also gives us the 7 seed!

And then we will have to lose to either the Hornets or the Pacers in the first elimination game & then lose to the Hornets or the Pacers or the Wizards in the second elimination game.

And end this tragedy of a season.

We can do this!
Get it done.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,482

Post#169 » by playa-hater » Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 am

exculpatory wrote:Welp!

If we can manage to lose our last 2 (Wolves & Knicks) & the Hornets (Clippers, Knicks, Wizards) & the Pacers (Bucks, Lakers, Raptors) both win their last 3, then the Hornets & Pacers will pass us & we will be the 9 seed. And then the Wizards can wax us in the Play In.

And then we will have to lose to either the Hornets or the Pacers in the first elimination game & then lose to the Hornets or the Pacers or the Wizards in the second elimination game.

We can do this!
Get it done.

Thought I read somewhere you were a Doc. Hope you don't mind a quick freebie question of the night.

What is worse, surgery without Anesthesia or watching Boston this year?
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,303

Post#170 » by chrisab123 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:04 am

djFan71 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

BKN will be a med ward and we'll end up squeaking out a series win. Then take on the heat in a rematch with Dragic/Butler hurt and make the ECF where we take 2 games from the Knicks. Thereby masking any and all problems we may have.

Yeah...this squad is not making it out of the play in tournament
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#171 » by exculpatory » Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 am

playa-hater wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Welp!

We can do this!
Get it done.

Thought I read somewhere you were a Doc. Hope you don't mind a quick freebie question of the night.

What is worse, surgery without Anesthesia or watching Boston this year?

Ha ha - let me think.

I am very disappointed.
Numb.
I invested too much emotion in this awful team.

Yah. I am an academic endocrinologist/internist - but I have read a lot of Covid during the last year - so I have become an ‘amateur COVIDOLOGIST’. Skim through the Covid thread if you want to see my thoughts supported by links to very current Covid publications.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#172 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu May 13, 2021 3:55 am

There's always the Red Sox....at least they are trying....I seldom watch the Celtic games anymore....its that bad...Cripe...the Woo Sox triple A club is more interesting....part time players, no heart.....zero coaching it would seem....IDK?..... Just so dam disappointed!

It's a wonder that Kendrick Perkins dosen't go down on the floor and slap them all silly!.....Sick of this 3 point barrage ... live or die by the three share the ball BS.....worse thing that ever happened to hoops IMO.....

You don't need any credentials to see this either.....
tfribs45
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,003

Post#173 » by tfribs45 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

this squad will be the 7 seed, lets be real man.... The team your watching lately doesn't have Timelord, Kemba , JB or Smart out their. We'll be playing Brooklyn in rd 1
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,303

Post#174 » by chrisab123 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:39 pm

tfribs45 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:BKN will be a med ward and we'll end up squeaking out a series win. Then take on the heat in a rematch with Dragic/Butler hurt and make the ECF where we take 2 games from the Knicks. Thereby masking any and all problems we may have.

this squad will be the 7 seed, lets be real man.... The team your watching lately doesn't have Timelord, Kemba , JB or Smart out their. We'll be playing Brooklyn in rd 1

The team in the tourney won't have Brown and will have Marcus acting as the #2 option on offense...

They're getting bounced
nic4747
Pro Prospect
And1: 523

Post#175 » by nic4747 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:07 pm

playa-hater wrote:

This is my thought as well. I'm actually really looking forward to the play in tournament. Just once I would like to see the team put it all out on the floor and give 110% against a team they are capable of beating.

No matter who they play in the first round, I think they have enough talent to win 1 game, so yeah, they will lose in 5.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by djFan71 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:57 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

yeah.... sarcasm.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#177 » by klemen4 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:56 pm

If we finish 7th and Indy is 8th we will have hard time to win. It's one game and Indy is good. Than if we lose we probably play Washington for 8th, them being one of the hottest teams in last month...again it's one game vs. Westbrook&Beal...so imo if we do not get Charlotte as 8th...high chance we will be in lottery.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by djFan71 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 am

With IND losing, looks like 13th is our pick we fall into the lottery. There are a few scenarios where we change places with SAS or MEM, but the strong likelihood is 13th. Behind the other east team, and the Spurs.

#13 with a 4.8% chance at top 4 vs probably #16 and a first round meeting with the Nets or Sixers most likely without Rob and obviously without Jaylen.
CeltsFlow
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,716

Post#179 » by CeltsFlow » Fri May 14, 2021 1:31 am

Read on Twitter

Rest everyone these last two games before the play in
Froob wrote:SVG is like JVG from an alternate reality where JVG is interested in talking about the game

Kabookalu wrote:[Dillon] Brooks has a mediocre driving game, but insists that he's prime Manu Ginobili.

It's time to win basketball games
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#180 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 am

CeltsFlow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rest everyone these last two games before the play in

Sit them all. Sign IT in JB's place and play him all game long

Return to Boston Celtics