ImageImageImage

Game Thread: Celtics (29-26) @ Lakers (34-21) – 10:00PM, Thurs. 04-15-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Re: Game Thread: Celtics (29-26) @ Lakers (34-21) – 10:00PM, Thurs. 04-15-21 

Post#581 » by return2glory » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:42 am

In those closing minutes, Waters showed he doesn’t belong in the league. Few of the assistants were mad at him on the bench. You could see it.

Wagner was just as bad as Waters. Nesmith wasn’t good either.

It was a little to early to bring in the 3rd stringers. The Celtics bottom 4 players are worst in the league. That’s all Danny.

It was embarrassing we had to bring in the players with a 27 point lead and 7 minutes to go.

Other than that we played really well. Brown was amazing.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#582 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:43 am

Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:
Triple7 wrote::)

Yeah we get it you’re a stevens fan boy! We understand!

No ... I just am not a short sighted low IQ fan who blames the coach for everything all the time....constantly crying about his every move.

Wow big words! Nah you are clearly a Stevens fan boy! It’s very clear! Go cry to your momny Stevens lol. Low iq my ass! Go watch the game!

wtf is a momny???? lol dumb!
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,927

Post#583 » by Dangit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:44 am

Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

not true though, 2 more minutes for the starters while warm and active was better than a cooldown of 10 minutes and have to come back in for 2 more minutes. i said it at the time cbs brought those guys in that it was too early!

I still say up 27 with 7 mins to go and Tatum goes down with an injury.... the board burns down with " why did Stephens have the starters in ? "

Who tf is stephens??? Lol dumb!

Wow .... your post definitely make sense now. ....
I'll edit it for ya man
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#584 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:44 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:[url][/url]
Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:

No ... I just am not a short sighted low IQ fan who blames the coach for everything all the time....constantly crying about his every move.

Wow big words! Nah you are clearly a Stevens fan boy! It’s very clear!

Not a big Stevens guy but even I can’t see how that was on him, any coach would have done the same. Lakers put their scrubbies in at the same time...

Putting the scrubs was fine, but he should have brought some back in earlier as soon as the lead went down.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#585 » by Ill News » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:44 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:I don't mind Stevens bringing the third-stringers in early, but I think he did so waaaay too early. And it's also inexcusable that the third-stringers played like absolute sh*t, playing selfishly and stupidly. This almost-embarrassment is on them, and the starters should cuss them out (which they won't, probably).

Anyway, I knew I shouldn't have tuned in. Now I'm pissed instead of happily celebrating this win. But still, great win and great performances just by looking at the box score.

40 by Jaylen! Amazing.

Bruh, they were up 27 with like 8 minutes left. That's like 99.9999 pct win probability. If they walk up the court and hold the ball for 24 seconds every possession and then hand the ball to the ref, they win every single time.

I agree that they were up 27, but that's still a loooot of time, and the third-stringers playing recklessly could have spelled disaster (which they did). At the very least, leave a player on the floor who could probably control the game's flow better (Pritchard?), instead of bringing the whole third-string in when the Lakers still had pretty good players in THT and McLemore in. Just my two cents.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#586 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:45 am

Dangit wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:

I still say up 27 with 7 mins to go and Tatum goes down with an injury.... the board burns down with " why did Stephens have the starters in ? "

I'll edit it for ya man

Go do that. Your boy Stevens would be angry at you! Lol
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#587 » by MaxwellSmart » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 am

I was yelling at the TV when Stevens took out the starters with 9 minutes to go...on the Road....awful move by Brad.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#588 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:

Wow big words! Nah you are clearly a Stevens fan boy! It’s very clear! Go cry to your momny Stevens lol. Low iq my ass! Go watch the game!

wtf is a momny???? lol dumb!

Oh you don’t know? Dumb lol!
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,927

Post#589 » by Dangit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 am

Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

I'll edit it for ya man

I'm praying you are actually like 15 years old .... because if not... wow
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
Triple7
RealGM

Post#590 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:47 am

Dangit wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Dangit wrote:
I'll edit it for ya man

I'm praying you are actually like 15 years old .... because if not... wow

I’m not? Satisfied?
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#591 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:49 am

Ill News wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:I don't mind Stevens bringing the third-stringers in early, but I think he did so waaaay too early. And it's also inexcusable that the third-stringers played like absolute sh*t, playing selfishly and stupidly. This almost-embarrassment is on them, and the starters should cuss them out (which they won't, probably).

Anyway, I knew I shouldn't have tuned in. Now I'm pissed instead of happily celebrating this win. But still, great win and great performances just by looking at the box score.

40 by Jaylen! Amazing.

Bruh, they were up 27 with like 8 minutes left. That's like 99.9999 pct win probability. If they walk up the court and hold the ball for 24 seconds every possession and then hand the ball to the ref, they win every single time.

I agree that they were up 27, but that's still a loooot of time, and the third-stringers playing recklessly could have spelled disaster (which they did). At the very least, leave a player on the floor who could probably control the game's flow better (Pritchard?), instead of bringing the whole third-string in when the Lakers still had pretty good players in THT and McLemore in. Just my two cents.

Lakers had their third string players out there too. You simply can't be serious. THT and McLemore are the third stringers for the Lakers. If you can't trust the back of your bench to not get outscored by 27 in 7 minutes, then just throw them all into the garbage and just accept that your team sucks.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#592 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 am

Dangit wrote:
Triple7 wrote::)
Dangit wrote:
We get it ... you hate Stevens .... we understand

Yeah we get it you’re a stevens fan boy! We understand!

For the record, i was just messing with you on the first reply, then you suddenly threw big words like “short sighted” “low iq fan”
Now who do you think got triggered between us huh? Gtfo!
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#593 » by Ill News » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Bruh, they were up 27 with like 8 minutes left. That's like 99.9999 pct win probability. If they walk up the court and hold the ball for 24 seconds every possession and then hand the ball to the ref, they win every single time.

Lakers had their third string players out there too. You simply can't be serious. THT and McLemore are the third stringers for the Lakers. If you can't trust the back of your bench to not get outscored by 27 in 7 minutes, then just throw them all into the garbage and just accept that your team sucks.

THT and McLemore have had more on-court experience than the rest of our third-stringers (with the exception of Semi, who just sucks). Just because they're third-stringers doesn't mean they're not better than our guys. I mean, THT has been a regular part of their rotation, he's not a third-stringer at all.

My only gripe is that Brad brought the third-string in a little too early when there was already evidence early in the season that the they can't be trusted to hold large leads (the Raptors game). My point is that 8 minutes is a looooot of time to entrust to third-stringers. Didn't you once say that 20-point leads are often nothing to NBA teams these days?
Topbins
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#594 » by Topbins » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 am

OH YES!!!!! we beat the scum!!!!!!
Triple7
RealGM

Post#595 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:00 am

Ill News wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:I agree that they were up 27, but that's still a loooot of time, and the third-stringers playing recklessly could have spelled disaster (which they did). At the very least, leave a player on the floor who could probably control the game's flow better (Pritchard?), instead of bringing the whole third-string in when the Lakers still had pretty good players in THT and McLemore in. Just my two cents.

THT and McLemore have had more on-court experience than the rest of our third-stringers (with the exception of Semi, who just sucks). Just because they're third-stringers doesn't mean they're not better than our guys. I mean, THT has been a regular part of their rotation, he's not a third-stringer at all.

My only gripe is that Brad brought the third-string in a little too early when there was already evidence early in the season that the they can't be trusted to hold large leads (the Raptors game). My point is that 8 minutes is a looooot of time to entrust to third-stringers. Didn't you once say that 20-point leads are often nothing to NBA teams these days?

Brad can maybe next time bring in the bench slowly. Say 2 bench players initially, until such time they settle down, and it’s around below the 5min mark, then he could start clearing the bench. I agree, this has happened already, us losing a big lead, and the starters was brought back in, which was embarrassing for the coach. Plus our bench can’t be compared to the Lakers’ bench. Some of their bench are vets, and have been playing a lot of minutes recently, when Lebron and AD went down. Our guys are expected to get lost out there, due to several games of dnp’s. I really hope Stevens learn from this.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#596 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:21 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:I was yelling at the TV when Stevens took out the starters with 9 minutes to go...on the Road....awful move by Brad.

If you can’t hold a 27 point lead with 8 minutes to go in the game then you don’t belong in the NBA but we already knew that about most of the Celtics bench.

The Celtics bench played selfishly on offense and didn’t defend. Last 8 minutes everyone was looking for their shot and when they missed no one defended. A lot of the guys don’t belong in the NBA
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#597 » by GregB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Bruh, they were up 27 with like 8 minutes left. That's like 99.9999 pct win probability. If they walk up the court and hold the ball for 24 seconds every possession and then hand the ball to the ref, they win every single time.

Nah the difference is team roster philosophy. The Lakers have veteran players at the end of their bench. We have a college team at the end of ours.

But I’m honestly not sure why people are so upset. We won the game and every starter except for Jaylen played under 30. Don’t care about the rest.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#598 » by ParticleMan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:28 pm

the deep bench sucked but who cares. these are people who shouldn't sniff the floor in meaningful games. they are mostly development projects. lakers were playing second stringers including some pretty solid vets like mclemore who get rotation minutes. they smelled blood, and our guys didn't respond well. learning experience, most of our guys are very young. i really could care less.

the funniest part is seeing some of the meltdowns on this board because our 3rd string scrubs spit the bit.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#599 » by cloverleaf » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:57 pm

GregB wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Ill News wrote:I agree that they were up 27, but that's still a loooot of time, and the third-stringers playing recklessly could have spelled disaster (which they did). At the very least, leave a player on the floor who could probably control the game's flow better (Pritchard?), instead of bringing the whole third-string in when the Lakers still had pretty good players in THT and McLemore in. Just my two cents.

Nah the difference is team roster philosophy. The Lakers have veteran players at the end of their bench. We have a college team at the end of ours.

But I’m honestly not sure why people are so upset. We won the game and every starter except for Jaylen played under 30. Don’t care about the rest.

That's more where the team is in its development and contending schedule. In the KG years they were going for it then and good seasoned vets were interested in joining on the vet minimum. After that run, however, Wyc asked Danny to both rebuild and contend simultaneously. To do that they needed to pay for top and lower-level vets to provide the scaffolding for their future stars while keeping the team out of the repeater tax until they were true contenders. Hiring Doogie College Coach was further evidence of this being a strategy. Meanwhile, he couldn't convert enough picks from his stockpile into worthy bargaining chips either. Danny's strategy obviously was to take a flyer on more cheap rooks to see who might pan out on what would be manageable budget roster spots until they young stars are good enough to pull worthy vets into their orbit. Maybe hasn't worked out perfectly but hasn't always been his approach and probably will not be his approach going forward.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#600 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:A lot of people saying Stevens brought the bench in too early. If you can't hold a 27 point lead with 8 minutes left thats a player problem, not a coach problem.

150%

I get that you're less talented or less experienced than our better players. But you still get paid. The Lakers didn't have the All-Star squad out there. Those guys embarrassed themselves out there, plain and simple. Stevens gets his share of blame for things. Even more than his share at times. This is absolutely NOT one of those times. I simply will not hear it, nor platitudes about "at least wait longer" BS. The Lakers threw in the towel. Those guys are competing for jobs here and elsewhere and they crapped the bed. That's it. If I was Brad after that game, I go in the lockerroom and I am launching clipboards and turning over tables.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured

Return to Boston Celtics