ImageImageImage

Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread

Moderators: ParticleMan, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob

daveisceltics
Rookie
Posts: 1,239
And1: 332
Joined: Jun 30, 2006
Location: South Boston
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#341 » by daveisceltics » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter



BREAKING: Sources tell Yahoo Sports that Celtics coach Brad Stevens will become the new head of basketball operations.
itrsteve
Analyst
Posts: 3,456
And1: 5,762
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#342 » by itrsteve » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:54 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Who's gonna take Kemba for 2022 expirings?


Better question, which player could you absorb?

Blake Griffin is the only on I see that gets close, but why would they even want that?


Why would the Nets want Kemba?


They wouldn’t, sorry my wording was inversed
Don’t Trade Hayward Fan Club (Member #1 of 1)
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,401
And1: 7,117
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#343 » by ParticleMan » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:58 pm

soooo... anything going on with the celtics this offseason?
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
Posts: 7,985
And1: 1,230
Joined: Aug 16, 2004

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#344 » by CelticFaninLBC » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:24 pm

Can see a pretty underwhelming offseason, with ownership focused on getting under the luxury tax. Therefore, Kemba and Thompson may both be gone, with Kemba getting moved for Horford, if Boston attaches Pritchard, Grant Williams and possibly a protected future first.

Celtics pick either a big pg/combo guard or a big in the draft, and bring back Parker and Kornet. Fournier probably tries to go a franchise more committed to winning.
batabatuta
Senior
Posts: 601
And1: 562
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
   

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#345 » by batabatuta » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:51 am

I don't think Tatum and Brown can afford another underwhelming season, neither does Brad. My money is on FO cleaning the roster this season. I don't expect them to get marquee stars here but CBS will attempt to surround the Jays with a much better supporting cast.

Brad's neck is on the line to not make the Jays demand a trade.
KGboss
RealGM
Posts: 21,134
And1: 9,977
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
Location: Boston Garden
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#346 » by KGboss » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:16 am

Trade Brown for Lillard

Trade Kemba and Smart

Resign Fournier

Rebuild bench

Profit?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#347 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:17 pm

Read on Twitter



Image



Image
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
playa-hater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,856
And1: 3,917
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#348 » by playa-hater » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:06 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter



Image



Image


unless I am blind, we the Hell is Antoine Walker? :o 8-)
"I never lose. I either win or learn". Nelson Mandela
24SecondRule
Sophomore
Posts: 131
And1: 56
Joined: May 03, 2009
Location: Short Hills, NJ
     

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#349 » by 24SecondRule » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:35 am

I would have had Tom Heinsohn on that shirt.
Gomes3PC
Head Coach
Posts: 7,488
And1: 3,439
Joined: Feb 10, 2006

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#350 » by Gomes3PC » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:21 am

I suddenly feel modestly better about how we looked against the Nets relative to the giant turd Milwaukee is laying.
BK_2020
Analyst
Posts: 3,003
And1: 2,810
Joined: Sep 08, 2020
   

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#351 » by BK_2020 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:29 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:I suddenly feel modestly better about how we looked against the Nets relative to the giant turd Milwaukee is laying.

And Harden is not playing.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#352 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:36 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:I suddenly feel modestly better about how we looked against the Nets relative to the giant turd Milwaukee is laying.

And Harden is not playing.

Exactly.
We played against the addition of Harden during our Series, and got a Win.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#353 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter



(Copied from Jaylen Brown Thread)

Keep this Tag team. And Add a 3rd to them.
Get rid of Kemba, and largely let the Core, and Sub-core mature.

Timelord nees to get his Operations, and we likely should bring in another Starter Quality Center.
Not so sure what we do about our PF (Starter and 2nd Unit) dilemma?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,401
And1: 7,117
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#354 » by ParticleMan » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:01 pm

yeah i'm all good rolling with the Jays. when they've been healthy and not dragged down by a ball-dominant pg, they've been awesome. let's commit to those guys and build around them with guys who can complement them.

Rwill shoblocking/passing is ideal if he can stay healthy.
Fournier shooting/spacing is good so long as he's not too expensive.
Romeo defending is great. Makes Smart expendable.
Nesmith with a full camp should be ready for a step up in minutes.
Pritchard is an ideal backup PG.

Just need to trade Kemba and all the other guys for useful rotation guys, including a ball-moving 3-and-D PG.
Or else we just let Romeo play PG since Tatum brings the ball up most of the times anyways.
Triple7
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,373
And1: 3,871
Joined: Aug 23, 2018
 

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#355 » by Triple7 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:00 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter



(Copied from Jaylen Brown Thread)

Keep this Tag team. And Add a 3rd to them.
Get rid of Kemba, and largely let the Core, and Sub-core mature.

Timelord nees to get his Operations, and we likely should bring in another Starter Quality Center.
Not so sure what we do about our PF (Starter and 2nd Unit) dilemma?


I agree. A starter quality big man is what the duo needs. That will fit them perfectly. Plus it will give us another offensive option. A post up presence to mix things up. Timelord is an undersized center with no post up moves on his own yet. He just relies too much on his athleticism and jumping ability. He too injury prone for a young guy. If he loses athleticism because of injury, he would be useless. He doesn’t have anything else. I agree he should have that operation or whatever, to get his body fine.
chrisab123
RealGM
Posts: 10,021
And1: 6,233
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#356 » by chrisab123 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:58 pm

The one job this organization has is to remove all of the jobbers from it. There's a lot of them.
User avatar
moonie_mcgee
Senior
Posts: 704
And1: 427
Joined: Mar 12, 2021
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#357 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 am

ParticleMan wrote:yeah i'm all good rolling with the Jays. when they've been healthy and not dragged down by a ball-dominant pg, they've been awesome. let's commit to those guys and build around them with guys who can complement them.

Rwill shoblocking/passing is ideal if he can stay healthy.
Fournier shooting/spacing is good so long as he's not too expensive.
Romeo defending is great. Makes Smart expendable.
Nesmith with a full camp should be ready for a step up in minutes.
Pritchard is an ideal backup PG.

Just need to trade Kemba and all the other guys for useful rotation guys, including a ball-moving 3-and-D PG.
Or else we just let Romeo play PG since Tatum brings the ball up most of the times anyways.


I agree except for Fournier. He's a bit of a luxury when his defense is porous, we already have Tatum, Brown, Nesmith, Langford, he's better suited off the bench but does he want that, and we need front court players who can defend and shoot.
That's the Way of the World
User avatar
moonie_mcgee
Senior
Posts: 704
And1: 427
Joined: Mar 12, 2021
       

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#358 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 am

What about using Kemba's injury as an excuse to have him off the bench, not resigning Fournier and getting a starting front court player that can defend the post and perimeter and can both post up and shoot the 3.

That'd give us a more balanced team without too much change.
Smart Brown Tatum Upgrade RWilliams.
Pritch Kemba Nesmith Langford Kornet
GWilliams Semi
That's the Way of the World
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 7,245
And1: 8,187
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#359 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:01 pm

moonie_mcgee wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:yeah i'm all good rolling with the Jays. when they've been healthy and not dragged down by a ball-dominant pg, they've been awesome. let's commit to those guys and build around them with guys who can complement them.

Rwill shoblocking/passing is ideal if he can stay healthy.
Fournier shooting/spacing is good so long as he's not too expensive.
Romeo defending is great. Makes Smart expendable.
Nesmith with a full camp should be ready for a step up in minutes.
Pritchard is an ideal backup PG.

Just need to trade Kemba and all the other guys for useful rotation guys, including a ball-moving 3-and-D PG.
Or else we just let Romeo play PG since Tatum brings the ball up most of the times anyways.


I agree except for Fournier. He's a bit of a luxury when his defense is porous, we already have Tatum, Brown, Nesmith, Langford, he's better suited off the bench but does he want that, and we need front court players who can defend and shoot.


I'll say this: we would not pay him what he will be asking for to come off the bench again. He sees himself as a starter. And if Brad and our next coach aren't willing to start him ahead of Smart or Nesmith or Langford, whomever would be in line to start there next season, then you have to let him go.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
BostonCouchGM
Starter
Posts: 2,372
And1: 1,717
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: Official Celtics 2021 Post/Off-Season Thread 

Post#360 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Only players worth keeping, that also happens to be our likely best starting lineup plus only two competent backups worth their salaries are:

Pritchard-Smart
Nesmith-Langford
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Everyone else should go

Return to Boston Celtics