ImageImageImage

Injuries: Brown (L.Torn Ligament)

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,630
And1: 13,073
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Injuries: Brown (R.Ankle); Kemba (L.Side Strain) 

Post#21 » by Bleeding Green » Mon May 3, 2021 7:33 pm

It just looked like they kicked shins, can't imagine it's too serious. But then again, they were on pace to have the first game all year with everyone healthy, so wouldn't be surprised if Brown misses the next one to keep the streak alive.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 13,440
And1: 24,253
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Injuries: Brown (R.Ankle); Kemba (L.Side Strain) 

Post#22 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter
THIS TEAM IS RUINING MY LIFE

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,141
And1: 34,600
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#23 » by Parliament10 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
NuckyPowell
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,336
And1: 4,928
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#24 » by NuckyPowell » Tue May 4, 2021 10:19 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

On the bright side, hopefully Nesmith will continue his great play of the last 3 games. Side note, Mo Wagner plays for the Magic. I think I might be on an island thinking that he'd be a good player with patience and development. Rather him than Jabari, tbh.
User avatar
JHTruth
RealGM
Posts: 14,023
And1: 2,316
Joined: Jul 02, 2003
Location: The Big Three are Back..

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#25 » by JHTruth » Tue May 4, 2021 11:09 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

On the bright side, hopefully Nesmith will continue his great play of the last 3 games. Side note, Mo Wagner plays for the Magic. I think I might be on an island thinking that he'd be a good player with patience and development. Rather him than Jabari, tbh.



Mo is a much better player than he showed in Boston. He's probably better then Kornet.

Can't wait until we unload TT this summer. I will crack the champagne
playa-hater
Analyst
Posts: 3,164
And1: 3,219
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#26 » by playa-hater » Wed May 5, 2021 2:05 am

JHTruth wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

On the bright side, hopefully Nesmith will continue his great play of the last 3 games. Side note, Mo Wagner plays for the Magic. I think I might be on an island thinking that he'd be a good player with patience and development. Rather him than Jabari, tbh.



Mo is a much better player than he showed in Boston. He's probably better then Kornet.

Can't wait until we unload TT this summer. I will crack the champagne


hell no on the first bold, hell yeah on the second. Kornet is my new binkie, since Nesmith graduated.
Boston will never win 18 BECAUSE of Brad Stevens
Hal14
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,930
And1: 1,091
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#27 » by Hal14 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:05 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I made this joke in the Celtics vs Magic game thread as well, but allegedly Thompson suffered the pectoral injury when his Kardashian wife gave him a titty twister amid rumors that he cheated on her with an instagram model :lol:
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,141
And1: 34,600
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#28 » by Parliament10 » Wed May 5, 2021 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
Hal14
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,930
And1: 1,091
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#29 » by Hal14 » Wed May 5, 2021 8:41 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, has anyone ever actually missed a game due to a "pectoral strain" before or is Thompson the first?
User avatar
bisme37
Head Coach
Posts: 6,762
And1: 17,745
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#30 » by bisme37 » Wed May 5, 2021 9:10 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, has anyone ever actually missed a game due to a "pectoral strain" before or is Thompson the first?


Horford went out for the year with a pectoral strain when he with the Hawks. And Perkins missed 3 months with one when he was in OKC.
User avatar
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,504
And1: 14,188
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#31 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed May 5, 2021 9:10 pm

Every minute that Romeo is available feels like found money.
Read on Twitter
Hal14
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,930
And1: 1,091
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#32 » by Hal14 » Wed May 5, 2021 9:22 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, has anyone ever actually missed a game due to a "pectoral strain" before or is Thompson the first?


Horford went out for the year with a pectoral strain when he with the Hawks. And Perkins missed 3 months with one when he was in OKC.

Well then..
Homerclease
RealGM
Posts: 27,809
And1: 27,562
Joined: Dec 09, 2015

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#33 » by Homerclease » Wed May 5, 2021 9:23 pm

I wouldn’t even pick up Romeos option at this point. Kid just isn’t made for the NBA
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,630
And1: 13,073
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#34 » by Bleeding Green » Wed May 5, 2021 10:14 pm

Bruh this dude is gonna have like 600 minutes played after his first two seasons, what a disaster. Collission at practice, I didn't even know they practiced.

He hasn't had like 100 consecutive healthy minutes since he was a junior in high school.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,679
And1: 11,720
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#35 » by djFan71 » Wed May 5, 2021 10:28 pm

$10 says it was a Nesmith elbow that got Romeo.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,141
And1: 34,600
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle); Langford (Concussion) 

Post#36 » by Parliament10 » Wed May 5, 2021 11:01 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
cloverleaf
General Manager
Posts: 7,569
And1: 4,784
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#37 » by cloverleaf » Wed May 5, 2021 11:28 pm

djFan71 wrote:$10 says it was a Nesmith elbow that got Romeo.


Brad said he'd banged heads (not been elbowed). With 17 players on the team the chances are it wasn't Nesmith.
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,679
And1: 11,720
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle) 

Post#38 » by djFan71 » Thu May 6, 2021 12:38 am

cloverleaf wrote:
djFan71 wrote:$10 says it was a Nesmith elbow that got Romeo.


Brad said he'd banged heads (not been elbowed). With 17 players on the team the chances are it wasn't Nesmith.

$20 says my post was more fun than serious.
EDIT: but thanks for the info on what Brad said.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,141
And1: 34,600
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Injuries: Thompson (Chest); Brown (R.Ankle); Langford (Concussion); R. Williams (Turf Toe) 

Post#39 » by Parliament10 » Fri May 7, 2021 1:39 am

Read on Twitter
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart

Return to Boston Celtics