ImageImageImage

Trade Thread 2021-22: To Trade Or Trade Not

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Re: Trade Thread 2021-22: To Trade Or Trade Not 

Post#501 » by BillessuR6 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 am

After Kemba missing the last game his value dropped even further.

I was hoping we could somehow trade him for neutral value but now we would have to add some significant assets to get rid of him, IMO.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#502 » by CelticsLV » Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 am

Kamba is untradable. He's basically IT on a max contract. Ironically it's something people were glad Ainge avoided. His knee has a serious degenerative condition. Sounds like he already has a full blown arthritis. It not only will always limit his availability but permanently limit his physical abilities. Only 3 more years of his max! But don't worry, the FO will constantly lie to you about Kemba's condition and assure you everything's ok, he just needs rest, and you will eat it up.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#503 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 31, 2021 12:08 pm

CelticsLV wrote:Kamba is untradable. He's basically IT on a max contract. Ironically it's something people were glad Ainge avoided. His knee has a serious degenerative condition. Sounds like he already has a full blown arthritis. It not only will always limit his availability but permanently limit his physical abilities. Only 3 more years of his max! But don't worry, the FO will constantly lie to you about Kemba's condition and assure you everything's ok, he just needs rest, and you will eat it up.

He has a bone bruised knee.

That is alot different than arthritis.

KEmba value has not changed imo.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#504 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 31, 2021 12:10 pm

Hal14 wrote:
robdog_5 wrote:I dont think anyone takes Kemba for anything other than picks coming with or equal salary dump back.

The only thing I could see is
Clippers get desperate if they lose to Mavs

Thunder want to move Al bad enough

the clippers don't have anyone who would make us a better team by acquiring them in exchange for kemba. only kawhi or george and obviously no way in hell they're giving us 1 of them for kemba.

and trading kemba for horford doesn't make us a better team..we would be back to having too many centers (horford, thompson, time lord) like before the theis trade.,.

Kemba for Beverly and Kennard makes us better. We add some more shooting which is invaluable to have and also an expiring contract and the shooter has a good salary matching contract. This adds tradeable assets.

Smart/Beverly/Pritchard
Fournier/Kennard/Romeo
Brown/Fournier/Nesmith
Tatum/Parker/GrantW
Timelord/Thompson/Kornet

That is the start of a very deep team.

IMO That bench unit of
Beverly
Kennard
Fournier
Parker
Thompson

would be one of the best in the NBA
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#505 » by CelticsLV » Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:Kamba is untradable. He's basically IT on a max contract. Ironically it's something people were glad Ainge avoided. His knee has a serious degenerative condition. Sounds like he already has a full blown arthritis. It not only will always limit his availability but permanently limit his physical abilities. Only 3 more years of his max! But don't worry, the FO will constantly lie to you about Kemba's condition and assure you everything's ok, he just needs rest, and you will eat it up.

Read on Twitter

Brad probably will get scolded for telling this. Turns out Kemba has been managing sore knee the whole season.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#506 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 31, 2021 12:22 pm

CelticsLV wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

Read on Twitter

Brad probably will get scolded for telling this. Turns out Kemba has been managing sore knee the whole season.

BRad is an idiot for saying this.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#507 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Mon May 31, 2021 12:45 pm

One trade, and only two other teams, solves everything.

Win now, and win later.

To Boston

K Olynyk, J Wall, E Gordon, A Horford, S Gilgeous-Alexander, some picks

To Houston K Walker, T Thompson

To OKC J Brown, M Smart, G Williams

Picks now, or the future.

Everything the Celtics want, height in the backcourt, scoring off the bench, passing and versatility up front.

There are reasons why every team would not do it, and would do it, so it is fair.

K Olynyk is sign and trade.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#508 » by BillessuR6 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:04 pm

Only 2 more!

Or maybe he opts out of his last year like Hayward and its only 1. :lol:
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#509 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 31, 2021 1:54 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:

You are absolutely right, Walker’s value has not changed. It’s still negative
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#510 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 31, 2021 2:00 pm

Kemba Walker has a maximum of 2 years left with the Celtics. Celtics have two options in my opinion

A. Trade Kemba and at significant asset(s) to move him.

B. Keep adding talent and just let his contract expire.

I keep flip flopping and which one is better. I’m leaning towards B. Just keep adding talent and let the young guys develop for 2 years
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#511 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 31, 2021 2:15 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Kemba Walker has a maximum of 2 years left with the Celtics. Celtics have two options in my opinion

I keep flip flopping and which one is better. I’m leaning towards B. Just keep adding talent and let the young guys develop for 2 years

I do not think a kemba deal involves an asset going out with him at all (unless for salary matching I guess)

If he stays he has to come off bench.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#512 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon May 31, 2021 2:20 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Kemba Walker has a maximum of 2 years left with the Celtics. Celtics have two options in my opinion

His presence here is a negative. Were at the point the Pistons were with Blake Griffin after the 18-19 season. This is the last window we’ll have.

Sell now, because his knee is only going to get worse. Kevin Love or Al Horford are better than this.

I realized we have one more trade option with Kemba— Orlando. Steve Clifford loves Kemba and they could use a veteran guard with all of their injured guys returning next year. They also have Gary Harris’ 20.5M deal as a decent filler.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#513 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 31, 2021 2:22 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:

I do not think a kemba deal involves an asset going out with him at all (unless for salary matching I guess)

Your fooling yourself. There is not a team in the NBA taking injury prone Kemba Walker who has 2 years left averaging $36+ million without the Celtics attaching a significant asset. None. It is going to cost the Celtics at least the 16th pick.

That’s why I say it might be better to just grin and bare it for 2 years and just keep adding talent
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon May 31, 2021 2:28 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

Your fooling yourself. There is not a team in the NBA taking injury prone Kemba Walker who has 2 years left averaging $36+ million without the Celtics attaching a significant asset. None. It is going to cost the Celtics at least the 16th pick.

That’s why I say it might be better to just grin and bare it for 2 years and just keep adding talent

The thing is, we should be looking to move the 16th pick as well. The Jays are on their second contracts now; its time to try to win now instead of continuing to add young players thats years away from seriously helping us win.

Im more than fine using 16 with Kemba to get someone who can help us win games.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#515 » by 31to6 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:16 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

The thing is, we should be looking to move the 16th pick as well. The Jays are on their second contracts now; its time to try to win now instead of continuing to add young players thats years away from seriously helping us win.

I see it differently -- the Jay's are young enough that a draft pick, now, can still hop on their timeline. So keep 16 and draft a big. We desperately need one in the pipeline other than Rob, and there's a solid chance a solid 4/5 prospect will be available.

Put any future pick(s) on the table needed to try to move Kemba IF we can get a rotation player or two in return.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon May 31, 2021 3:30 pm

31to6 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Your fooling yourself. There is not a team in the NBA taking injury prone Kemba Walker who has 2 years left averaging $36+ million without the Celtics attaching a significant asset. None. It is going to cost the Celtics at least the 16th pick.

I see it differently -- the Jay's are young enough that a draft pick, now, can still hop on their timeline. So keep 16 and draft a big. We desperately need one in the pipeline other than Rob, and there's a solid chance a solid 4/5 prospect will be available.

Put any future pick(s) on the table needed to try to move Kemba IF we can get a rotation player or two in return.

It took 3 years for Rob to get to the point where he could be a plus rotational big.

Jaylen has 3 years left. Jayson has 4. Both could realistically force their ways out in 2 years. Were past the development stage of the curve and can no longer afford to trot out young players on developmental minutes.
31to6
RealGM

Post#517 » by 31to6 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:45 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
31to6 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

It took 3 years for Rob to get to the point where he could be a plus rotational big.

Jaylen has 3 years left. Jayson has 4. Both could realistically force their ways out in 2 years. Were past the development stage of the curve and can no longer afford to trot out young players on developmental minutes.

Rob's been fighting injuries since day 1, and had Al, Baynes, and then Theis and/or Kanter in front of him.
Now we have: Tristan for one more year, and a pudgy 6'6" guy with short arms (Grant), and maybe Rob.
That land is barren. I know Danny loves guards, but we need to restock it. FA isn't an option so unless we can add a quality big via a Kemba trade (which I wouldn't count on), any Claxton-level prospect is worth taking next month IMO.
Trading Kemba is my top priority, but not at the expense of a shot at Kai Jones, Garuba, Jalen Johnson, I. Jackson, and (unlikely) Sengun.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#518 » by SmartWentCrazy » Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm

31to6 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Rob's been fighting injuries since day 1, and had Al, Baynes, and then Theis and/or Kanter in front of him.
Now we have: Tristan for one more year, and a pudgy 6'6" guy with short arms (Grant), and maybe Rob.
That land is barren. I know Danny loves guards, but we need to restock it. FA isn't an option so unless we can add a quality big via a Kemba trade (which I wouldn't count on), any Claxton-level prospect is worth taking next month IMO.
Trading Kemba is my top priority, but not at the expense of a shot at Kai Jones, Garuba, Jalen Johnson, I. Jackson, and (unlikely) Sengun.

Claxton was a SRP tho. Draft and develop whomever you want in that range.

But we can no longer afford to be picking developmental guys with mid teens picks. That window is closed. Trade it and get a veteran who can help us win now.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,548

Post#519 » by playa-hater » Mon May 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Alright stay with with me on this one. Who is the one team in the playoffs who has trouble scoring?? Where is Kemba from?? Who has Cap space??

the NYK!

Now I don't believe they are currently dumb enough to just trade for Kemba without giving up an asset. My idea is give them Kemba and 16. In return they throw in their 22nd pick.

Basically hoping the "trade up" + Kemba is enough for them (yeah I know) while we clear up Kemba from our roster and still maintain a 1st rder..

Other than that Kemba for Horford is the only somewhat realistic hope I can see. Otherwise we are doomed.

I don't want to lose our first!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
31to6
RealGM

Post#520 » by 31to6 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:05 pm

I like the way you think, playa, but lol Derrick Rose >>> Kemba

(David Rose might be too..)

What's Rose's contract status?

Return to Boston Celtics