ImageImageImage

Robert Williams, aka "Timelord"

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Robert Williams, aka TimeLord, Thread 

Post#21 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:41 am

Nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Re: Robert Williams, aka TimeLord, Thread 

Post#22 » by GregB » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:15 am

I say trade Rob. Too oft injured to waste an extension on him.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#23 » by darylbe » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:08 am

jfs1000d wrote:I can’t take guys who are always injured. If this is new injury, fine, but I don’t Care how good the guys is. Never available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya man. Same goes for Langford. Hopefully RL has the bs behind him (the same sort of injury to the wrist for 3 years) , and hopefully rw3 gets his whole body bs together this offseason
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#24 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:24 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
darylbe wrote:Someone mentioned to me here how embiid missed the first 2 years of his nba career. Valid point. But it was all about the foot and surgery. Rw3, I really want to root for him, but it's like, pimple on his ass, stubbed toe, my knees, my ankle, hip, blah blah blah. Start doing yoga or something, it sucks.

Not necessarily. Rob has that congenital condition for which there is supposed to be a surgery that can fix it. As I understand it, young guys like him can sometimes outgrow it and I imagine they've been hoping for that to happen while they tried to also strengthen him in the right areas. But toe to hip is pretty connected and if one part isn't right it is easy to get another messed up from that.

Yes. -- Robert Williams needs to go ahead, and have every necessary operation in the offseason.
Coming into next Season, all ready.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#25 » by darylbe » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:26 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Yes. -- Robert Williams needs to go ahead, and have every necessary operation in the offseason.
Coming into next Season, all ready.

IV drip of stem cells and PRP daily x 5 months. 100%. vibranium if possible.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,881

Post#26 » by BK_2020 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:26 pm

Rob Will is highly unlikely to get a major surgery going into his 4th and final season of the rookie contract.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#27 » by Marvel » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:52 am

Unreliable. A shame cause i really like him but he hasn't shown he can stay healthy to be worth the investment long term.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,548

Post#28 » by playa-hater » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:07 am

Good thing some of you guys aren't the GM. Giving up on Rob already??? Philly should have given up on Embiid as well right???

Give Rob one more year. Meanwhile Boston should look to upgrade center regardless of Rob or not.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#29 » by cloverleaf » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:08 am

BK_2020 wrote:Rob Will is highly unlikely to get a major surgery going into his 4th and final season of the rookie contract.

Seems like the last good time for him to get it if it will help him stay on the court. (I'm no doctor, let alone not his doctor, of course.)
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#30 » by Marvel » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:27 am

playa-hater wrote:Good thing some of you guys aren't the GM. Giving up on Rob already??? Philly should have given up on Embiid as well right???

Give Rob one more year. Meanwhile Boston should look to upgrade center regardless of Rob or not.

Poor timing. Embiid out for most likely the season.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,181

Post#31 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:21 pm

Let’s define ‘wasted’ possessions as a miss or a turnover. Timelord has 40 of those this year (17 turnovers and 23 missed field goals). Here is a friendly reminder that he has more buckets (64) than wasted possessions. He also has more offensive boards (58) than wasted possessions. The cherry on top, he has more blocks (28) and steals (13) combined than wasted possessions. He is so elite at winning the possession battle and so efficient with his touches on offense.

Williams also gets better in subtle ways every year. For instance, remember when he would bite on every pump fake ? Well now he averages 21.3 minutes played per foul committed which is the best rate among all centers in the NBA (minimum 10 games played). No more foul trouble for Williams :D According to basketball reference, his percentages on layups have gone up every year of his career : 52.9 % to 59.6 % to 63.2 % to 65.8 % this year.

Small sample size disclaimer aside, he is a career 62% shooter from both 3-10ft range and 10-16ft. He doesn't even need to get all the way to the rim to finish efficiently. Add his passing ability, and if we ever have enough shooting to unclutter the lane he's going to be deadly on the short roll.

This guy deserves more love. Also I say keep Timelord in green for life.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Robert Williams, aka TimeLord 

Post#32 » by Parliament10 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 12:53 am

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:Let’s define ‘wasted’ possessions as a miss or a turnover. Timelord has 40 of those this year (17 turnovers and 23 missed field goals). Here is a friendly reminder that he has more buckets (64) than wasted possessions. He also has more offensive boards (58) than wasted possessions. The cherry on top, he has more blocks (28) and steals (13) combined than wasted possessions. He is so elite at winning the possession battle and so efficient with his touches on offense.

Williams also gets better in subtle ways every year. For instance, remember when he would bite on every pump fake ? Well now he averages 21.3 minutes played per foul committed which is the best rate among all centers in the NBA (minimum 10 games played). No more foul trouble for Williams :D According to basketball reference, his percentages on layups have gone up every year of his career : 52.9 % to 59.6 % to 63.2 % to 65.8 % this year.

Small sample size disclaimer aside, he is a career 62% shooter from both 3-10ft range and 10-16ft. He doesn't even need to get all the way to the rim to finish efficiently. Add his passing ability, and if we ever have enough shooting to unclutter the lane he's going to be deadly on the short roll.

Rob Williams is doing much better this year. He's got a high BBIQ, and does some amazing things at times.
His biggest problem, is staying healthy.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,465

Re: Robert Williams, aka TimeLord 

Post#33 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:13 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:Let’s define ‘wasted’ possessions as a miss or a turnover. Timelord has 40 of those this year (17 turnovers and 23 missed field goals). Here is a friendly reminder that he has more buckets (64) than wasted possessions. He also has more offensive boards (58) than wasted possessions. The cherry on top, he has more blocks (28) and steals (13) combined than wasted possessions. He is so elite at winning the possession battle and so efficient with his touches on offense.

Rob Williams is doing much better this year. He's got a high BBIQ, and does some amazing things at times.
He's our third best player at this point. I really believe that.

His presence is so massive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#34 » by DelMonte West » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:04 am

I freaking LOVE Robert Williams. He's the most athletic legitimate 5 we've had in FOREVER (as in, several DECADES), and a legitimate defensive STUD.

The days of short fat loads at center who couldn't elevate or finish to save their lives (Glen Davis, Jared Sullinger, and 400 pound Mike Sweetney) are mercifully over. Some of you have no recollection or experience with the scrubs we once fielded (Blount/Olowakandi/way past his prime Shaq/etc.) I couldn't be happier to have this guy in the fold and hope he stays here almost as much as Brown and Tatum.
BrianFitz
Rookie
And1: 1,510

Post#35 » by BrianFitz » Tue Dec 7, 2021 5:32 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

He's our third best player at this point. I really believe that.

His presence is so massive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Honestly if I had a choice of one player healthy all season, and one has to be out all season. With the current Celtics roster I would choose to have Williams healthy all season and Brown sit.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,101

Post#36 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:12 pm

DelMonte West wrote:I freaking LOVE Robert Williams. He's the most athletic legitimate 5 we've had in FOREVER (as in, several DECADES), and a legitimate defensive STUD.

The days of short fat loads at center who couldn't elevate or finish to save their lives (Glen Davis, Jared Sullinger, and 400 pound Mike Sweetney) are mercifully over. Some of you have no recollection or experience with the scrubs we once fielded (Blount/Olowakandi/way past his prime Shaq/etc.) I couldn't be happier to have this guy in the fold and hope he stays here almost as much as Brown and Tatum.

Hey don't you dare say anything about Shaq (that's true)! That's still my man and i'ma stick beside him! :lol:
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#37 » by captain green » Tue Dec 7, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm hoping he has a Camby type career but not ready to give up on him yet.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#38 » by Hal14 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 2:22 pm

man, Rob had 3 of the sickest dunks of his career last night.

Training/medical staff, your top 2 priorities are Rob and Jaylen. Keep those 2 guys healthy and you can keep your jobs.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,548

Post#39 » by playa-hater » Wed Dec 8, 2021 11:04 pm

On the court Rob is as good as I hoped and expected so far as a starter.. But staying on the court is a whole different story.. I still feel he can run off a good month or 2 without anything major happening..

I am actually not worried about any injuries other than the "chronic" type that effects bigman's knees more often.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#40 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:09 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
DelMonte West wrote:I freaking LOVE Robert Williams. He's the most athletic legitimate 5 we've had in FOREVER (as in, several DECADES), and a legitimate defensive STUD.

Hey don't you dare say anything about Shaq (that's true)! That's still my man and i'ma stick beside him! :lol:

The Shaqtue was actually pretty good until he got hurt.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics