ImageImageImage

Robert Williams, aka "Timelord"

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,905

Re: Robert Williams, aka TimeLord 

Post#41 » by Parliament10 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Rob Williams is really turning into a Quality Starter.
If he ever adds the 3pt shot to his repertoire, he'll be a shoo-in for All-Star.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,905

Post#42 » by Parliament10 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:50 pm

Rob Williams' Contract has turned into a Wheel of a Steal of a Deal!!!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,641

Post#43 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 1, 2022 9:34 am

Imagine if Stevens gave him this much playing time and experience BEFORE he signed his extension. Cs wouldn't have been able to sign him to a bargain contract.

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,669

Post#44 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 1, 2022 11:54 am

Rob has given a couple of interesting quotes recently. One, of course, is the one that boils down to

Coach thinks I'm better than I thought I was, so I have to live up to that.

The other was much more specific. Talking to Abby after the Suns game, he reminded us that when cuts work consistently well, it's because the other team is messing up on defense.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#45 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 1, 2022 1:42 pm

His ceiling is higher than DAJ's and Capela's. I can't even think of a comp. Draymond is so much better defensively. Jokic is obviously too high. Bam has a scoring package all on his own that isn't too reliant on others.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#46 » by will » Sat Jan 1, 2022 3:58 pm

I am simply stunned at the TimeLord's output.

Further stunned at how he has co-existed with Albert Horford. Personally, I thought it would be a disaster. Far from perfect, but hotdamn.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Post#47 » by 31to6 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:41 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Imagine if Stevens gave him this much playing time and experience BEFORE he signed his extension. Cs wouldn't have been able to sign him to a bargain contract.

aNd THen OtHeR GMs wOUld HaVe AsKeD fOR him In TRAdEs :reporter:
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM

Post#48 » by 31to6 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:55 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
His ceiling is higher than DAJ's and Capela's. I can't even think of a comp. Draymond is so much better defensively. Jokic is obviously too high. Bam has a scoring package all on his own that isn't too reliant on others.

I hope the team prioritizes the diversification of his offensive game, with the goal of becoming more Bam-like. I know RobCity brings a lot to the table on both ends, but there's no reason he can't add: 1) a faceup jumped 2) a two-dribble drive game 3) a turnaround jumpshot 4) a jump hook

Other than a couple of jumpers his coaches didn't like, the last one is the only one I've ever seen him attempt.
He doesn't need to practice dunking the ball or blocking shots. Instead, get in the gym every summer and work on this stuff.
IF he wants to get better (and he's been playing basketball a long time without showing any indication of doing any of this), he should be able to, and the ceiling of our team would go up quite a bit.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#49 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jan 1, 2022 6:56 pm

I’ve said it going back to last year. but I think it’s a real possibility that Rob is our second most important player. Not saying he’s better than Jaylen, but I do think losing Rob would hurt more.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#50 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 1, 2022 7:29 pm

31to6 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Imagine if Stevens gave him this much playing time and experience BEFORE he signed his extension. Cs wouldn't have been able to sign him to a bargain contract.

Exactly like Jordan Mickey.
31to6
RealGM

Post#51 » by 31to6 » Sat Jan 1, 2022 8:35 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Exactly like Jordan Mickey.

we're playing the lonnnnnng game with Jordan Mickey. A few more years and we should be about willing to unveil him just as the trade deadline passes.

Spoiler:
First he has to consistently master hitting the ball off of his head into the basket.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Re: Robert Williams, aka Time Lord 

Post#52 » by thomas1897 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 9:34 pm

Robert Williams has been very good addition to the Celtics future. I was not a supporter for his development with the Celtics because Danny Ainge knew before the draft his legs were an issue. His development was hindered due to these issues. However the proof is that he is as good as Danny Ainge believed. The Celtics need to get additional help to assist his development. Christian Wood would be an excellent addition to help Robert Williams and to reduce over usage for the Time Lord keep Him Healthy good things will happen.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#53 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#54 » by Scoonie » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:39 pm

As always, it's about him staying healthy. If he stays health, he's one of the 3 or 4 most valuable players on the team. And he needs to be getting more touches and more scoring/playmaking opportunities. By far the most efficient player on the team.

His contract will definitely be a bargain if he stays healthy.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,846

Post#55 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:11 pm

If Timelord had a jumper I would put him in conversation for top 7 Center in the league. (When Healthy)
31to6
RealGM

Post#56 » by 31to6 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

60 per year sounds about right ;)
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#57 » by darrendaye » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:28 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:If Timelord had a jumper I would put him in conversation for top 7 Center in the league. (When Healthy)

He has decent form and pretty good touch when he shoots mid-range, there are times he gets sped up. Overall though, I'm a bit baffled as to why it doesn't seem he is encouraged to expand his scoring abilities. He can definitely play a bit loose at times, but he has shown, VERY periodically, that he can handle the ball for a couple of dribbles and he has excellent body control. Why he doesn't dribble up and close space when he gets the ball away and defender stays in the paint, I don't know. I know he is constantly looking to move the ball, but coaches need to get in his ear that he needs to draw more attention at times which will open up more passing opportunities too.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,846

Post#58 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:48 pm

darrendaye wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:If Timelord had a jumper I would put him in conversation for top 7 Center in the league. (When Healthy)

He has decent form and pretty good touch when he shoots mid-range, there are times he gets sped up. Overall though, I'm a bit baffled as to why it doesn't seem he is encouraged to expand his scoring abilities. He can definitely play a bit loose at times, but he has shown, VERY periodically, that he can handle the ball for a couple of dribbles and he has excellent body control. Why he doesn't dribble up and close space when he gets the ball away and defender stays in the paint, I don't know. I know he is constantly looking to move the ball, but coaches need to get in his ear that he needs to draw more attention at times which will open up more passing opportunities too.

I am with you on that.

He can make his Free throws, even if he just takes those Free Throw line extended shots it will open the paint for everyone.

Perhaps coaching is telling him not too though, who knows.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,139

Post#59 » by Hal14 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:25 pm

But even without a jumper last season he was top 10 in the NBA in PER, Win Shares Per 48 Minutes, Offensive Rating, Defensive Rating, TS%, FG%, Rebounding %, Blocks % and BPM.

This season he's no. 1 in TS%, no. 1 in FG%, tied for 19th in PER, 22nd in rebounding %, no. 2 in blocks %, 17th in BPM, 11th in Win Shares, 8th in Win Shares Per 48 Minutes, No. 2 in offensive rating (excluding random dudes who have only played in like 1 game)
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,669

Post#60 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:47 am

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics